Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So this happened:

cartier_intro.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now we know what you were buying when you were selling some smaller things...... It, like most of your pieces is STUNNING!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

We definitely need handshots!!!!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes!! I am IN LOVE!! :love: :love: :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have I mentioned how much I love Art Deco era Cartier? It is the ne plus ultra for me. Don't get me wrong, as a Russian I love me some Faberge, as a Victorianist and a folklorist I flip for Lalique, but when it comes to just pure, sheer, IWOULDWEARTHATWHYISITNOTMINE?!?!? Yeah, Cartier circa 1920 all the way.

But it's not exactly thick on the ground. Nor, for that matter, in the realm of possibility ... as much as I would love a pearl sautoir and a Mughal-influenced tiara, they're probably not realistic: I sigh and admire from afar.

But if you combine Deco Cartier with french cuts? I lose my grasp on sense and reason and just think WANTWANTWANT. Thankfully, the seller is a patient and amazingly lovely lady, who was willing to put a hold on it for me for a bit (hence my selling spree over in pre-loved these last few months!) And Friday, it arrived just in time to kick the holiday weekend off with a bang ....

The emerald is approximately a carat, the sides .75ish each. I love everything about it. The color is ... unreal, the greenest thing I've ever seen, and so bright that I keep expecting it to have fluorescence - it does that just-on-the-edge-of-the-perceptible-to-human-light-spectrum thing that I love so much in rubies. And the french cuts? Well, let's just say they show themselves to great advantage in this size .... :love:

Here are a few handshots in the sun to demonstrate:

_17116.jpg

_17117.jpg

_17118.jpg

_17119.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Ginger! Thanks Arkie! Looks like we cross-posted. :rodent:

And here are a few shots in different lighting - dim restaurant, incandescently lit jewelry store, overcast sky - to show its moods, because though it definitely reacts to the lighting conditions in different ways, it's always drawing my eye with its brightness. I haven't been able to part from it since I got it .... :cheeky:

_17120.jpg

_17121.jpg

_17122.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
oh, Circe. Oh my. It is STUNNING, and so very you! What a treasure!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And here are the signature and French hallmarks ... I wish my eyes were better so I could interpret them precisely and maybe date it a bit better! But I'm happy to have the general period and the place-of-origin. Heck, I'm just happy, period. More pics to undoubtedly come .... :naughty:

cartier_signature.jpg

french_hallmarks.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
and of course, part of my response to this astonishing piece of history is how freaking many french cut bands do you OWN?!

Circe, please please PLEASE post your whole collection somewhere. I need to drool.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! :love:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I can not put into words how much I adore this ring...it is my favourite ring in the history of PS. I have been scouring the earth for an emerald ring and then this shows up! :o If you ever lose your mind in the future and decide to sell, I call dibs. :naughty: :bigsmile: :lol:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Just....wow! It is one of thr most beautiful pieces I have seen on PS!!! Art Deco, Cartier, french cuts, and an emerald? Best. Combination. Ever.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG Circe!! How do you find all of these amazing treasures!?? That ring is DIVINE and looks fabulous with your eternity bands! A set made in heaven!! Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring Circe. And I love all your combinations. :love:
Enjoy in health and happiness. :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stunning ring...what a combination!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good god I love it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
No words. That GREEN! I love that incredible glowy green and especially with your emerald band. That finger is pretty much magical.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
That green is mesmerizing! Gorgeous ring!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So so beautiful... :love: :love: :love:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1397999624|3656537 said:
Circe, please please PLEASE post your whole collection somewhere. I need to drool.

Yes please!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa-zah!!!!!!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous green!!! You always have the most amazing rings Circe :love:
This a another stunning piece that is truly special but very wearable and versatile. I love it!!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am in absolute awe! The stone and the ring are fantastic and are so gorgeous combined with your stackers. I really love it - you completely outdid yourself…and everyone else ;-) :appl: :appl: :appl:

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and wearable both! Congrats on finding a lovely piece of history that's a stunner. You wear it well!

Jamiesue

Rough_Rock
Truly beautiful

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing color from your emerald ring! Matches your other bands splendidly! :))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!!!! I love it immensely and it looks so beautiful on your finger! That green emerald is just spectacular!!! :love: :love: I am just amazed at your ability to find french cuts. I am coming to visit you and we are going shopping! Congrats on another glorious find.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the elegance in design and the way it's just meant to be a part of your emerald suite! Lucky you! Fantastic find- bith the ring AND the patient seller! :love: :appl: :love:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
love. love. love it!!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Your collection is beautiful, and this ring is just mesmerising!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results