shape
carat
color
clarity

Just received my ring!! Quality of the setting question..

zerosky200

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

After long hours of research on this forum, I finally ordered and received my e-ring today!! It's the .78 carat G VS1 AGS 000 diamond with the 18k tiffany-style setting purchased from one of major online vendors. The diamond looks perfect and beautiful as expected, with lots of fire and sparkling! However, I found some imperfections on my setting, and since I never purchased any jewelry before I'm not sure if its quality is acceptable? As you can see on the pic, the prong on the middle is a bit tilted to the right, and left and right part of W shaped prongs are not symmetrical and have different thickness and shape (compare left V with right V).. Maybe I am too sensitive? I would really appreciate your input!

r2.jpg

r1_0.jpg

r3.jpg

davidsbfly

Rough_Rock
Re: Just received my ring!! Quality of the setting question.

I would be pissed if this is what I received. JMO.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

Agreed that it's not right and not acceptable, really. Ask to have it fixed.

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock

Totally, absolutely unacceptable!
I am curious which online vendor you purchased from? They should pay postage to overnight it back to them,
repair it immediately and overnight it back to you with major apologies....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would be very disappointed and would want it fixed. Sorry, but hopefully they will take care of it asap for you.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Contact them. I'm sure they will want to do right by you and make you happy.

zerosky200

Rough_Rock

Thank you all for replies!! I just emailed the vendor.. However, I am very disappointed by the quality.. I considered other options like a lot of you suggested for tiffany-setting (Vatche and BGD) but went with this vendor had a diamond that I really liked.. Hopefully they can fix this problem and make it look flush.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I might ask them for a while new ring or head. Not just a repair. It almost looks like the whole head is not well constructed... I'm not positive.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have gotten bad "in-house" settings from 2 vendors. It's like a crap-shoot, because I've also gotten one beautifully done one.
But it seems to happen a lot. I don't know why they have to be pressured into doing things right. Sorry you are having to get this fixed.
Good luck!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1397887057|3655939 said:
I might ask them for a while new ring or head. Not just a repair. It almost looks like the whole head is not well constructed... I'm not positive.

I agree - new ring and spell it out - all the prongs the same height, diamond level, etc.

This makes me mad for the OP. Just before coming to PS this morning I was online with a vendor trying to explain how I wanted a diamond set, knowing full well there was a good chance they would screw up a square cut and finally just put my order on hold. This thread is making me reconsider a vendor setting at all!

daz1

Rough_Rock

wow that is unacceptable! If they gave me that I would bring them hell

OECsareforLovers

Shiny_Rock

Any updates zerosky?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I feel like I know which vendor this was and had a very similar issue with my ring purchase last year. They did end up fixing the issues and provided shipping labels for me to send back to them. I ended up returning the ring after the fix and recently gave them another try with a different diamond and setting that turned out to be amazing! Very well done. If it is the same vendor I am wondering if they just are having a hard time with the "tiffany" style setting???

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Couldn't find all my close up pics of the crookedness. But looks like a very similar problem. I will say that in my case they gave me the greatest customer service with the fixing of it and really tried to make me happy.

_17148.jpg

zerosky200

Rough_Rock

They are paying for one-day shipping to get it fixed. I will post an update once I receive the ring back. Thanks for replies everyone!!

zerosky200

Rough_Rock

hathalove|1398049101|3656872 said:
I feel like I know which vendor this was and had a very similar issue with my ring purchase last year. They did end up fixing the issues and provided shipping labels for me to send back to them. I ended up returning the ring after the fix and recently gave them another try with a different diamond and setting that turned out to be amazing! Very well done. If it is the same vendor I am wondering if they just are having a hard time with the "tiffany" style setting???

Hathalove, how did it look after they fixed the setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results