shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this diamond?

Volfan4life87

Rough_Rock
I came on here and asked for some advice on purchasing an engagement ring, you can read the whole back story here:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...w-it-all-works-buying-diamonds-online.200367/

I've since put the diamond recommended in that thread on hold and I've had Jon make a video for me. The video can be viewed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFy7cO8izX8&feature=youtu.be

The question I have - the culet is 0.29% if I remember correctly. In the video it almost looks as though the culet is rather large and is creating the "hole" effect when looking at the table straight on. Of course, I don't know what I'm looking at really! So I'm curious if you all think this is a great looking diamond or not. It is SI1 and I haven't seen an imprint/mapping of the inclusions, but I can't see them in the video so it must be "eye-clean."

Those are my only two concerns at this stage (culet & inclusions) and if I can clear those in my mind I'm ready to buy this diamond for sure!

Thanks in advance for any input, you all have saved me a fortune with your advice and will make my soon-to-be fiance one happy camper! :bigsmile:

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
I can see the your concern about the "hole" look in this diamond. Sometimes it seems like a hole and other times throughout the video it is covered by the refelections from the facets.

As far as inclusions, I'm not an expert but it looks eye clean to me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post the link...I don't think what you are seeing is a culet.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The diamond is in motion too much in the video for me to see a culet or not - but I love the look of a culet so that would not be a negative for me. Ask Jon if the stone is eye clean. It looks like a beautiful stone.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are probably referring to the table reflection. That stone has no culet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results