shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your thoughts on an antique cushion please!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I have not shared my stone yet...my setting should hopefully be done soon so I was going to wait to post it all at once hehe. I think you will get lots of enjoyment out of it in a solitaire while you save up for the SS setting!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh pandabee I cannot wait to see! I will take many pics and we need pics and a thread of course of your new pretty!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My supposed to be plain but turned out not temporary setting. I really tried to like plain like a Cartier cathedral or something similar. I really did. But it will not work for me.

So here is my temp (maybe?) setting inspiration which may be used quite a long while. Engraved to match my antique french cut band. 18k unplated white gold. 8 prongs. I cannot find a face on pic of this anywhere.

antique_cushion_3.jpg

antique_cushion_1st_dibs.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I love your inspiration for your (maybe?) temp setting! It is going to be a gorgeous ring!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEK! It is shipped and I shall have it tomorrow!!!!! And Monday is my birthday! :bigsmile:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Love your antique squarish cushion...so marvelous...Happy Birthday~! what a gift! That setting is one of my absolute fav's too! Lucky girl!

I think K's and L's just have more dimension to the stone, hard to describe. I think you will love it...very excited for you.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's here!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

So gorgeous! I feel silly having had concerns about color when I had uncerted L and K stones. When I opened the box she just took my breath away! What a princess she is! That tall perfect crown and glorious maltese cross pattern that I can see from 18 inches. DH is such a silly man asking "what is that hole in the bottom?" I cannot explain how much this makes me giddy and I never thought I could feel this way about a rock. But I get it now and understand everyone here when they express their feelings about their lovely stones. I thought this process of finding exactly what I want was going to be such a time and energy consuming journey. Who knew you could find "the one" in such a short time? (I've only been looking for a couple months and not all that hard) I guess it was meant to be that I would read Erica's preview email and have a reaction to this stone right away.

Thank you all for your help in getting me over the last hump of making the actual decision! I will take more pics to post here. :D

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
YAYYY! SO excited for you. I am sure you are having a glamour photo session right now for all of the people who are excited for you, right? ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well these are not too fancy but I wanted you to see the stone next to my 3 stone. It is cloudy here and so the pics could be better. The black is my camera reflection.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol05mx3wEog

dscn1500.jpg

dscn1501.jpg

_17074.jpg

_17075.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I freaking love it!! :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! It looks beautiful. What size are your fingers? It looks like you've got so much finger coverage!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a 7-7.25 and I think ericad is close to that so I knew from her pics it would look about the same on me.

I just absolutely love this stone! :love: :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have a theme going here. :love: Vintage Love...

dscn1561.jpg

vintage_love.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it might be possible that I am considering a setting like phoenixdarling's hybrid Bella. It looks like it could be modified to work for a cushion with square proportions. I love the SS setting but their quote was astronomical and I would not pay that even in 10 years. Very near the cost of the stone. And I want to wear a band with it and it seems not to work as well as I'd like.

I would do all platinum.

Thoughts?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-rose-gold-oec-combo.177896/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-rose-gold-oec-combo.177896/[/URL]

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1398963734|3664442 said:
So it might be possible that I am considering a setting like phoenixdarling's hybrid Bella. It looks like it could be modified to work for a cushion with square proportions. I love the SS setting but their quote was astronomical and I would not pay that even in 10 years. Very near the cost of the stone. And I want to wear a band with it and it seems not to work as well as I'd like.

I would do all platinum.

Thoughts?

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-rose-gold-oec-combo.177896/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-rose-gold-oec-combo.177896/[/URL]

I just clicked on your thread to see where you were with a setting since you said your SS quote was really high. I am sad that they seem to have raised their prices so much over the last few years.

To answer your question, I am not sure I like the hybrid version as well as the original Bella halo.

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-bella-halo/

I will have to say, I like the price, too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about the SS quote... Their work is amazing but the pricing is all over the place.

I am with DS on the original bella :love:

Or... I would do a modern take of the art deco setting like victor canera did for Arkieb1 or something like the Mara setting (not sure who made the setting). Your cushion is so amazing! It does not need a halo to frame it. And I love love love the look of a 'clean' diamond on your hand.

Hopefully you will find your dream setting soon!

_17937.jpg

_17938.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw your posts Acinom and DS. I am having Erica make a Bella with a bezel. From all the design thoughts going into it I think it is going to be beautiful. I am really a bezel girl but wanted a really girlie setting with a vintage look so we are hoping it turns out gorgeous. Can't wait to get my first CADs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results