Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
The diamond on the left, in my opinion has more sparkle. :love:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just one clarification on this clip. The diamond on the right has a table % we measured just under 53%. No AVR's are cut with tables that large anymore. We brought down the largest tolerance for table sizes at about 50% although you'll find most between 45-49%

Kind regards,
Rhino

qwedsy

Rough_Rock
Rhino, as your customer about to buy an AVR with 53.13% table I would love to know some more on the subject. Would you mind shedding some light on why was the modification done? :|

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like small tables but the one on the left seems almost too small.
I could honestly love either stone but my eye preferred the one on the
right. It seemed like it had nicer proportions.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
qwedsy|1397854907|3655683 said:
Rhino, as your customer about to buy an AVR with 53.13% table I would love to know some more on the subject. Would you mind shedding some light on why was the modification done? :|

Sure. First and foremost the facet set that really defines European cut diamonds, the facets that give them the chunky reflections you see in both varieties regardless of table size is the causation of the pavilion mains being the main drivers of light reflection under the table facet combined with the high crowns and careful attention to the entire geometry. Regardless of table size they all share this feature. When we opened up the table to the larger spectrum it really brought out the floral pattern which you will see with your own eyes and is beautiful.

In the video I mention table sizes but in all candidness it's a combination of both table size coupled with alterations in other facets that we're able to maintain the floral design beautifully even when the tables are smaller now too. So whether its was as low as a 41% table or a 53% table you'll see it. I back either/both with our full Lifetime policies because one is not more beautiful than the other.

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions I'm here to help as long as the moderators don't mind me answering questions here.

Kindest regards,
Rhino

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me you see there what you see in MRB stones as well - higher crown, smaller table = fire. Lower crown, larger table = white light.

I personally prefer the diamond on the right. It looks more balanced and larger in diameter than the stone on the left. I can see why they each have properties that would appeal to different folks though. I also feel that the flower pattern in the center of the diamond on the right isn't as prominent either; the stone all flows together. Center pattern much more prominent with the small table and for those that love the OEC's that's probably the look they're going for.

Very informative Jonathan - thanks! I could truly see the differences in those two stones.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My eye went to the one on the right.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
The one on the right.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I've read all the posts an watch the video and I like the one on the right with the larger table. I think it sounds like it is more unusual and cut just before the traditional cuts were in vogue.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted both look equally appealing.

Different, but equal.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1397866159|3655752 said:
To me you see there what you see in MRB stones as well - higher crown, smaller table = fire. Lower crown, larger table = white light.

I personally prefer the diamond on the right. It looks more balanced and larger in diameter than the stone on the left. I can see why they each have properties that would appeal to different folks though. I also feel that the flower pattern in the center of the diamond on the right isn't as prominent either; the stone all flows together. Center pattern much more prominent with the small table and for those that love the OEC's that's probably the look they're going for.

Very informative Jonathan - thanks! I could truly see the differences in those two stones.

Ditto on the right one. Surprising that it looks larger for such a small diff. in carat weight.

They are both lovely though.

ming

Shiny_Rock
Definitely the one on the right. Has more character. I don't care how well it does in artificial light as it does in natural light.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The one on left!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results