shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank you !!!!

thadanim

Rough_Rock
This has been overdue, sorry about posting late. I will try to keep this as brief as possible.

The journey started with me knowing very little about diamonds. I happened to be surfing for diamonds and was trying to understand what makes a diamond brilliant and which C is the most important and that is where I stumbled upon PS. I spent hours here researching and learning. My first post and no replies (maybe I made the novice mistake of saying studs vs stone), I wondered if my post was rather long, took the chance and posted again and Gypsy was the first to respond with a few options and then a few others chimed in. I kept lurking at stones and options and finally decided I need to sort it right away (couple weeks after first post) and was pretty much in a conversation with 04diamond<3 (practically whipped me and said buy it !!!) and was directed to the same stone Gypsy initially recommended ( a total coincidence). I had Liza at WF have the Gemologist look at the stone for some final clarifications before I end up buying it. I was satisfied with what the Gemologist had to say and bought the stone. The stone I got from WF is a RB 1.56 H VS2 from their ES selection. Experience with Liza at WF was exceptional and there was nothing that I could complain about. I had paid them for the stone and an estimate of 50% for a ring setting which I was still contemplating. Thanks to Liza @ WF.

While I was sorting the stone I kind of knew the setting I needed but was not 100% sure till I saw the ring I liked with some modifications and kind of knew I wanted to get the ring done from VC. At this point I got in touch with VC and told him what I want and he was like not a problem at all. He was absolutely brilliant in his communication and calm about things and said it would take 4-5 weeks to deliver. I then got in touch with WF to work out the details of how the stone can be shipped to VC. Once all was sorted WF refunded me the deposit of the setting immediately and sent me a check.

The key here for people who live outside the US is that I actually bought the stone without seeing it in person and going on the judgment of people here along with the WF reputation and this is something for a newbie to take comfort in and not worry about quality and judgment. I do not live in the US so the hassle of shipping back and forth internationally was an issue.

Stone was shipped to VC and in 2 weeks I was informed the ring was ready to be shipped, I asked for a picture of the ring before it was shipped and got exactly that. Before I could see the picture I did have butterflies in my stomach as to how the changes were incorporated to the ring as VC named it the Donna Split Shank halo. When I saw the picture from VC I was ecstatic and really overjoyed. What can I say about VC?? He is absolutely brilliant to work with and his work is just gorgeous. Would I recommend him?? Without doubt do not think twice about his work and customer service.

I paid VC 100% upfront so there was nothing to worry about and I did not have the stone insured while he was going to set it. People who are worried about paying him should not be worried, ring was ready and he shipped it internationally with insurance.

I got round to proposing and it was a very quiet (both like it that way) and intimate affair with some after celebration. My fiancé absolutely loved the stone and the ring.

I would like to thank WF, VC and all of you guys for making this a pleasurable journey.

Attaching few pictures but they are not the best quality as taken with the phone, for perspective sake ring size is 7 and stone is a WF ES 1.56 H VS2.

Thank you once again !!!!
vc_4.jpg 2014-03-08_11.jpg 2014-03-08_11_0.jpg 2014-03-08_11_1.jpg 2014-03-07_21.jpg 2014-03-08_03.jpg 2014-03-08_03_0.jpg 2014-03-07_21_0.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks fabulous! Congrats on your engagement. I loved the backstory, thanks for sharing. :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, really really beautiful. Wear it in good health and with great joy!

thadanim

Rough_Rock
Thanks Hearts and Gypsy.

thadanim

Rough_Rock
Thanks Hearts and Gypsy.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this :love:
Thanks for posting. Please post a lot more pics.
The subtle split shank is amazing!! And the center shone sparkles so beautifully and is the center of attention. Gorgeous!!!
Could you post a pic of the profile? :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring. Well done!! Thanks for sharing. And hope to see more pictures!!

thadanim

Rough_Rock
Acinom|1397759132|3655091 said:
Love this :love:
Thanks for posting. Please post a lot more pics.
The subtle split shank is amazing!! And the center shone sparkles so beautifully and is the center of attention. Gorgeous!!!
Could you post a pic of the profile? :wavey:

Thanks. Will try to most more pics. The profile pic is the first picture in this post.

thadanim

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1397769150|3655183 said:
Stunning ring. Well done!! Thanks for sharing. And hope to see more pictures!!

Thanks LLJsmom. Will try and post more soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely! The gentle split is very feminism...gorgeous!

Congratulations! !!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!! What a perfect choice and sounds like a fantastic experience --- congratulations!

thadanim

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1397823298|3655454 said:
Its lovely! The gentle split is very feminism...gorgeous!

Congratulations! !!

Thanks tyty333. Yes the subtle split is what does it to the ring, she loves it.

thadanim

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1397823417|3655457 said:
Its beautiful!! What a perfect choice and sounds like a fantastic experience --- congratulations!

Thanks. Truly an amazing experience and would not be possible without PS.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! You chose well.

thadanim

Rough_Rock
thecat|1397877922|3655864 said:
Gorgeous ring! You chose well.

Thanks the cat.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium