• 120-140

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • 140-160

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • >160

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PSers seem to be very smart. Of all of the forums I'm a part of, it's the one where the debates are the most well thought out and people (mostly) use BOTH logic and reason. Amazing.

For those who have been tested, what is your IQ? I know much more goes into intelligence than IQ, but I'd still thought it would be an interesting poll.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never tested so I don't know. How commonly is IQ tested in the US?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1397751138|3655020 said:

I'm not sure. Good question.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not very high compared to most PSers ... ;( :wacko:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea, and don't really care.

Some are born blond, brunette, white, black, etc.
We are certainly not the same but AFAIC we're all equal.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My IQ is 1 point higher than Kenny's... :praise: of course that ain't saying much... :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1397755467|3655063 said:
My IQ is 1 point higher than Kenny's... :praise: of course that ain't saying much... :lol:

Nah.
I've got an Octavia.
You just have that cheap old watch. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1397755613|3655065 said:

Nah.
I've got an Octavia.
One of these days i'll have one on my finger... :love: but when?... ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1397760524|3655118 said:
kenny|1397755613|3655065 said:

Nah.
I've got an Octavia.
One of these days i'll have one on my finger... :love: but when?... ;(

When your IQ goes up. :mrgreen:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
IQ testing was pretty common in the 50s, often to prove a point of some kind, like superiority or inferiority of some group, I suspect. Different approaches yield different results. Mine has tested anywhere from 120 to 170, if that gives you an idea. Last took the test in the late 60s to get into Mensa, which still exists, though I no longer belong, nor find it useful. (If I'm so smart, why ain't I rich?) They required a score of at least 132 on the Sanford-Binet test, supposedly more rigorous, but accepted some other tests as well. I did not enter a figure in the survey.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea what my IQ is but I'd love to find out, just for...fun, I guess.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before or after a glass or two of wine? :Up_to_something:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1397767775|3655173 said:
Before or after a glass or two of wine? :Up_to_something:
Just keep drinking around the clock and you won't have that problem. :sick:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

Mine was tested in 1st grade in order to enter the gifted program. I always wonder how accurate my number is since I was only 5 or 6 when it was taken! Sometimes I feel it could be even higher, but other times I fear that if I tested again, I'd be more dumb haha.

Most students here in the US are given some form of IQ test if they want to enter the gifted program at their school.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1397771262|3655200 said:

Mine was tested in 1st grade in order to enter the gifted program. I always wonder how accurate my number is since I was only 5 or 6 when it was taken! Sometimes I feel it could be even higher, but other times I fear that if I tested again, I'd be more dumb haha.

Most students here in the US are given some form of IQ test if they want to enter the gifted program at their school.

I was in the gifted program starting in first grade but don't remember any IQ test administered. There was some sort of preschool test we had to take and that's how we were placed.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
missy|1397772035|3655209 said:

I was in the gifted program starting in first grade but don't remember any IQ test administered. There was some sort of preschool test we had to take and that's how we were placed.

I was also in a gifted program, and did take an IQ test prior to entry - in second grade, it was estimated to be 155. The last time I had a proper test, and not just an online one for fun, I was 17 and it had gone down a few points from that. I suspect it's even lower now, lol.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No clue. I've got enough crap I feel bad about myself for, I don't need to take a test and have it be lower than I would hope and then add feeling stupid on top of it. Or to feel that others are automatically smarter/better than I, b/c they have a higher score.

Besides, I've known plenty of people who I thought were dumber'n a box of rocks that were "smart".

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1397772601|3655218 said:
No clue. I've got enough crap I feel bad about myself for, I don't need to take a test and have it be lower than I would hope and then add feeling stupid on top of it. Or to feel that others are automatically smarter/better than I, b/c they have a higher score.

This topic actually came up a few days ago in a conversation between my mom and I and she finally confided to me that growing up, she lied to me about what her IQ score was so that I wouldn't know I was higher than hers because she wanted me to listen to her lol.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I was tested in fifth grade, sixth grade, eighth grade and ninth grade. It was the Stanford Binet every time. After you do it a couple of times, you get really good at it, so the score just keeps going up. Then they apparently have to test you again, because the score is so high. The fact that the school district didn't figure this out shows how truly stupid they were. :rolleyes:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't believe in iq tests.
I have met some awfully dumb geniuses if you went by iq score.

I took it a few times in school and it was all over the place.
I got in trouble the last time because I intentionally answered all the questions wrong and got a 0.
That is how I roll! rofl

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
High enough that my guidance counselor in HS was appalled at my lack of initiative in considering a more ambitious college game plan. Actually he was angry; thought I was throwing away my life. Or maybe he just hated his own. :cheeky:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Karl_K|1397774122|3655236 said:

I got in trouble the last time because I intentionally answered all the questions wrong and got a 0.
That is how I roll! rofl

LMAO!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I also took IQ tests in elementary and middle school and scored high enough to be in a "gifted" program, but my grades were not exeptional in college, grad school nor do I feel any smarter today....Just average Jane with decent career because I worked for it.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
iLander said:
I was tested in fifth grade, sixth grade, eighth grade and ninth grade. It was the Stanford Binet every time. After you do it a couple of times, you get really good at it, so the score just keeps going up. Then they apparently have to test you again, because the score is so high. The fact that the school district didn't figure this out shows how truly stupid they were. :rolleyes:

I did the Stanford-Binet out here in South Africa too. It is interesting that you were tested in consecutive years. I was told that one had to skip at least one year to prevent over-familiarity with the test.

My first Stanford-Binet test came back at 150+: highly gifted. My parents were relieved - they felt that this finally explained some of my behavioral issues at school.

My last test was in 2008, after far too many years of drug and alcohol abuse that probably inflicted permanent brain damage. I scored 144, missing out on highly gifted by one point, ending up as moderately gifted instead. Shrug.

I readily admit that I'm not stupid but I do sometimes think I'm not really as smart as the tests say I should be (hello? Meth use???). I don't feel gifted, not even moderately so. It's not that I'm smart, it's just that most people around me are morons. :rolleyes: :lol:

Having said that, in an ideal world I'd happily trade in 20 or even 30 points in exchange for being hardworking instead. Being smarter than my peers meant that I could just coast along, lazy as can be, and get better results than any of them. I never acquired a work ethic. I still don't really have one. While growing up I might even have felt less out of place or perhaps blended a bit better.

Anyway, intelligence takes many forms and some of them are not easily quantifiable. Some of us are just (un)lucky enough to test well.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It used to be 140 but a few minutes ago I tried to make a phone call with the TV remote so I think I may have fallen a few points. :lol: It has been a stressful day and I'm hoping that is the reason I didn't notice I wasn't holding the phone :oops:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karl_K|1397774122|3655236 said:

That is how I roll! rofl
:naughty: :cheeky:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1397783228|3655294 said:
It used to be 140 but a few minutes ago I tried to make a phone call with the TV remote so I think I may have fallen a few points. :lol: It has been a stressful day and I'm hoping that is the reason I didn't notice I wasn't holding the phone :oops:
:lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I certainly wouldn't want to meet the 3 over 160 in a dark alley.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1397783228|3655294 said:

OMFG - LAUGHING MY BEHIND OFF! Nice!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1397772035|3655209 said:

I went to Mark Twain JHS in NY and it is considered a gifted school, but I never took an IQ test. I did take specialized tests though and was in creative writing.
I also went to a specialized high school in NY called Brooklyn Technical HS and I never took an IQ test either but I did take some entrance exam to get in and my major was Architecture.

To date, I still have no idea what my IQ is, but I am pretty sure it has gotten lower with age.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results