shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye Clean and Custom Question?

diggindeeper

Rough_Rock
I'm new at this, but this forum has been been invaluable in helping me get an understanding of what to look for. I'm hoping some of you can give my your insight in a few areas?

I'm shopping for an e-ring which will be in a solitaire setting. First of all would you consider this diamond (link below) to be completely eye clean? WF labels it as eye clean, but I'm worried the cluster of crystals may still be seen by the naked eye upon closer inspection. I understand that eye clean means 20/20 vision at 10 inch distance. I'm wondering if any experts have an opinion on these inclusions being visible at even closer distances.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3063757.htm#
http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104069951028-PGRH.PDF

Second, I'm looking to make a custom plain shank platinum ring to go with the diamond. The design I'd like has a few unique elements, but nothing too complicated. I'm not close to WF so I'm worried about the design process at a distance. Would you suggest going with WF for the custom design or shopping locally where I can see the design through the process and have servicing later? I have a local shop that says they can do it, but at a premium (not the same price if bought with a diamond).

Thanks for any feedback!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really depends on your vision. I probably wouldn't be able to see a thing without a loupe. I would work with WF on the custom setting. they are very good at working at a distance. And we can help you with the CADs. Don't pay more for a local shop we know nothing about.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My suggestion would be to discuss the diamond with a WF gemologist over the phone while they have it in-hand.
That's what I did. I was very picky and expressed my concerns about the inclusions in the ACA I was considering. The gemologist explained exactly what she saw and said she felt fairly certain I would be very happy.
When I saw the diamond in person I was thrilled.
You could ask to have it examined at various distances and get their take on the one you are considering.

Best to you!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Number one white flash, number 2 AGS 0, Super Hearts and Arrows yeah. Eye Clean...

I think your in pretty good shape with this one and I agree let WF to the setting and you'll have one gorgeous ring.

diggindeeper

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice guys! I discussed the diamond in depth with WF via chat and they were very helpful giving specific feedback.

I'm still exploring my options for the custom setting, but this advice is very helpful and reassuring that WF would be a great way to go.

eddiechi

Rough_Rock
Not sure if it helps but i was also looking for eye clean. I bought a si-1 and it's perfect no issues at all.

I found that things that we're marked eye clean were often more expensive b/c they've now been branded.

Just go with an si-1 and if you find something that bothers you return it. I cannot see anything wrong with the one i just bought.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results