shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to me that Queen Sonja is wearing two types of pearls around her neck, as I can see a strand of SSP at the bottom that looks significantly different to the strands above. She wears them well!

DK :))

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
dk168|1386719074|3571570 said:
Looks to me that Queen Sonja is wearing two types of pearls around her neck, as I can see a strand of SSP at the bottom that looks significantly different to the strands above. She wears them well!

You're right, DK :) HM's wearing a 4 strand pearl choker with sapphire and diamond clasp/brooch and a separte strand of larger and whiter (cultured/SS) pearls beneath it. This is something HM does often ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone else planning to go to the Cartier - Style and History exhibition in Paris?

I am planning to go in Feb, and am looking forward to seeing a few tiaras and notable jewellery, such as the huge flamingo brooch that belonged to the Duchess of Windsor, and the La Peregrina pearl necklace that belonged to Dame Elizabeth Taylor.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone seen any more photos from the Nobel prize presentation/king's dinner? If so, please share.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Order of Splendor added pictures from the King's Dinner. CP Victoria made it back for that. She wore the cut-steel tiara and the necklace from the Cameo Parure.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope your day is extra sparkly and magical, spent with those you love.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1386106285|3566921 said:
Especially for Danny and all who wonered when The Dss of Cambridge is going to wear a tiara! The answer is....TONIGHT, at the reception for the Corps Diplomatique. As it is 9.30 pm in the UK, we can say that at this very moment a sparkling tiara graces the head of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge.
Sad newes, however, is that BBC's Royal Correspondent Peter Hunt has twitted that photos will not be made abailable.

Thank you, Bobby! I saw it in the other thread! She's beautiful! :love:

More of this, please, M'am! :appl:

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
scription: Diamond and Sapphire Parure
Jewellers: Vita Israel & Hoeting, Amsterdam - Netherlands
Date: 1900-1901

Owner: Stichting Historische Verzamelingen Huis van Oranje-Nassau (parts), TRH Princess Beatrix, Irene, Margriet & Christina

This impressive parure containing more than 800 diamonds and sapphires was a national wedding present from the people of the Netherlands to Queen Wilhelmina in 1901 when she married Duke Heinrich of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

The Diamonds and Sapphires were sourced and supplied by E. Vita Israel and Jeweller Hoeting from Amsterdam designed and executed the parure with Arabesques and Floral patterns in white gold. The diamond and sapphire parure consisted of a:

1. Tiara

2. Necklace

3. Pair of bracelets

The Tiara - and the almost completely mirrored necklace - have oriental inspired motifs. The central diamond in the tiara was described as being of exceptional quality and originates from the old Golconda Mines in India.

A Parure fit for a Queen (or Empress) reigning over a vast Colonial Empire in the East and West Indies.

Reports in the newspapers indicate that Queen Wilhelmina wore the parure (Het Nationale Huldeblijk) on quite a number of ocassions through the years rebuting the myth that it was too cumbersome to wear.

But Queen Juliana must have considered the tiara either outdated or too closely identified with her mother or both because she never wore it and in 1962 the tiara was broken up by a jeweller in The Hague in order to create smaller diamond and sapphire jewellery.

Several sets of diamond and sapphire earrings, brooches and bracelets were made which could now be worn by Princess Beatrix, Princess Irene, Princess Margriet and Princess Christina.

Some of the jewels that contain stones from the Wedding Gift Parure are the sapphire figure 8 earrings, the diamond figure 8 earrings, the diamond and sapphire pendant earrings and the delicate brooch with the bows.

The only original parts of the parure that remained were (parts of) the mirrored necklace and the two bracelets.

The necklace has not been seen for more than 70 years. Only fairly recently did (small) parts (re) surface. Five of the six diamond and sapphire lozenges that adorned the diamond band from which the large ornament, which could be detached, is supended were placed on a diamond and sapphire necklace that was converted into a tiara.

It's believed that also all the stones were removed from the large ornament of the necklace, that mirrored the tiara but that at least the diamond band remained.

The bracelets were at some point slightly remodelled but are still used by members of the royal family. The dismantling of this parure is somewhat of a mystery because it was after all a national gift and because not long after the dismantling of the tiara, Queen Juliana decided to put all the jewels into a family foundation with the clear stipulating that none of the pieces in it could be sold or broken up permanently.

and pics are here: http://www.dutchroyaljewels.nl/Wilhelmina_Wedding_Parure.htm

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Description: Diamond and Sapphire Parure
Jewellers: Vita Israel & Hoeting, Amsterdam - Netherlands
Date: 1900-1901

Owner: Stichting Historische Verzamelingen Huis van Oranje-Nassau (parts), TRH Princess Beatrix, Irene, Margriet & Christina

This impressive parure containing more than 800 diamonds and sapphires was a national wedding present from the people of the Netherlands to Queen Wilhelmina in 1901 when she married Duke Heinrich of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

The Diamonds and Sapphires were sourced and supplied by E. Vita Israel and Jeweller Hoeting from Amsterdam designed and executed the parure with Arabesques and Floral patterns in white gold. The diamond and sapphire parure consisted of a:

1. Tiara

2. Necklace

3. Pair of bracelets

The Tiara - and the almost completely mirrored necklace - have oriental inspired motifs. The central diamond in the tiara was described as being of exceptional quality and originates from the old Golconda Mines in India.

A Parure fit for a Queen (or Empress) reigning over a vast Colonial Empire in the East and West Indies.

Reports in the newspapers indicate that Queen Wilhelmina wore the parure (Het Nationale Huldeblijk) on quite a number of ocassions through the years rebuting the myth that it was too cumbersome to wear.

But Queen Juliana must have considered the tiara either outdated or too closely identified with her mother or both because she never wore it and in 1962 the tiara was broken up by a jeweller in The Hague in order to create smaller diamond and sapphire jewellery.

Several sets of diamond and sapphire earrings, brooches and bracelets were made which could now be worn by Princess Beatrix, Princess Irene, Princess Margriet and Princess Christina.

Some of the jewels that contain stones from the Wedding Gift Parure are the sapphire figure 8 earrings, the diamond figure 8 earrings, the diamond and sapphire pendant earrings and the delicate brooch with the bows.

The only original parts of the parure that remained were (parts of) the mirrored necklace and the two bracelets.

The necklace has not been seen for more than 70 years. Only fairly recently did (small) parts (re) surface. Five of the six diamond and sapphire lozenges that adorned the diamond band from which the large ornament, which could be detached, is supended were placed on a diamond and sapphire necklace that was converted into a tiara.

It's believed that also all the stones were removed from the large ornament of the necklace, that mirrored the tiara but that at least the diamond band remained.

The bracelets were at some point slightly remodelled but are still used by members of the royal family. The dismantling of this parure is somewhat of a mystery because it was after all a national gift and because not long after the dismantling of the tiara, Queen Juliana decided to put all the jewels into a family foundation with the clear stipulating that none of the pieces in it could be sold or broken up permanently.

and pics are here: http://www.dutchroyaljewels.nl/Wilhelmina_Wedding_Parure.htm

a6e73a5051d8a231e86592f5bd0a3cc0.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The Dutch jewels are gorgeous & they have so much! It's a constant delight, but that parure is not to my taste.

Aren't you all panting with anticipation to see Kate in more jewels, per the Queen's order? I am! When I read an article about it, I ran around the house shouting, "Please, tell me to wear the Queen's jewels and send me to a couturier!!" DH didn't comply.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1392041989|3611860 said:
The Dutch jewels are gorgeous & they have so much! It's a constant delight, but that parure is not to my taste.

Aren't you all panting with anticipation to see Kate in more jewels, per the Queen's order? I am! When I read an article about it, I ran around the house shouting, "Please, tell me to wear the Queen's jewels and send me to a couturier!!" DH didn't comply.

--- Laurie

You mean lik this one? It seems someone has been reading royal-related forums :razz:

See what I mean here - Link

By the way, very good timing, Laurie :razz:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now someone has to be 'panting with anticipation to see Kate in' an updo with grand jewels ;-)

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
LadyMaria|1392153878|3613038 said:
Okay, this isn't an updo with a tiara, but the fact that The Queen loaned the Duchess this necklace screams, "I approve of Catherine!" from Her Majesty!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2557090/Kate-Middleton-adds-sparkle-Portrait-Gallery-fundraiser-diamond-necklace.html

The necklace is spectacular, but she looks a bit of a mess to be honest, particularly her hair. She looks like she spent the afternoon on the beach in a high wind. :/

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bobby & MishB couldn't be more RIGHT! Her hair is a hot mess, I'm sorry, but very jarring with a formal dress & all those beautiful diamonds. Hair UP, Catherine, up up up when you wear the Queen's jewels! Step into adulthood.

I hadn't seen the article about the Portrait Gallery, but I sure do read royal forums, as many as I can find!

--- Laurie

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone come across a clear shot of Marie Chantal's cabochon sapphire and diamond engagement ring?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
We are on the eve of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's trip Down Under. What jewels do you think Catherine will be sporting? As far as I know, there are no tiara events. Any chance the Queen will loan out the Wattle Brooch?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone think that she's either a bit hard on this ring, or it needs prong maintenance? See upper left hand photo.

bjaneshek

Rough_Rock
My first post after seriously reading this forum for a few years and it couldn't be more fitting.

Charlene did an interview with Hola! magazine and she is wearing the Ocean Tiara

1f016066908c9f80153fb37e8be95d71_1.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Did you ever find out who made Charlene's earrings, kemalnagdy? They're really pretty -- look like pale yellow sapphires or low-color diamonds, but maybe that's the lighting. I'd take them, whatever.

Disappointing jewelry on the Down Under tour. I was hoping for a little more. Is anybody as tired of Baby George as I am? OT, but I read royal news to see their jewels & geeze, you'd think nobody on earth ever had a baby before. Yes, cute. Yup, he's a baby, 20 digits, fat cheeks & all. Now can we STOP gooing over him?

Charlene looked very nice in the Hola pics, but nothing can make that Ocean Tiara graceful imo. The idea is nice but it is too pointy & not fluid enough for my own personal royal standards. :praise:

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
bjaneshek|1397734548|3654898 said:
My first post after seriously reading this forum for a few years and it couldn't be more fitting.

Charlene did an interview with Hola! magazine and she is wearing the Ocean Tiara

1f016066908c9f80153fb37e8be95d71_1.jpg

It's about sparkly time she busted out this tiara! She wore the matching earrings not to long ago. Some say that the earrings and tiara should never be worn together, but the earrings are quite small and if you don't look carefully, you won't even notice the motif from Le Ocean.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1398112344|3657308 said:
Did you ever find out who made Charlene's earrings, kemalnagdy? They're really pretty -- look like pale yellow sapphires or low-color diamonds, but maybe that's the lighting. I'd take them, whatever.

Disappointing jewelry on the Down Under tour. I was hoping for a little more. Is anybody as tired of Baby George as I am? OT, but I read royal news to see their jewels & geeze, you'd think nobody on earth ever had a baby before. Yes, cute. Yup, he's a baby, 20 digits, fat cheeks & all. Now can we STOP gooing over him?

Charlene looked very nice in the Hola pics, but nothing can make that Ocean Tiara graceful imo. The idea is nice but it is too pointy & not fluid enough for my own personal royal standards. :praise:

--- Laurie

I agree, the jewels were a bit on the meh side for the Down Under tour. Plus, not a single dress was floor length. The two dressiest events were the black dress with the silver fern and the white odd circle lace dress, and both were knee length. I thought she looked better on the Candaian and South Pacific tours.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read that Prince William gave The Duchess of Cambridge a Cartier watch embedded with a sapphire as a third wedding anniversary present. The photograph I saw of the couple hardly showed the watch. I am going to see if the story was correct and, if it was, whether I can find a a better picture of it.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

anthony-roman

Rough_Rock
All the rings are amazing! I really loved the crowned ring. I admit that I've never seen such a beautiful ring before.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
AGBF said:
I just read that Prince William gave The Duchess of Cambridge a Cartier watch embedded with a sapphire as a third wedding anniversary present. The photograph I saw of the couple hardly showed the watch. I am going to see if the story was correct and, if it was, whether I can find a a better picture of it.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

She was gifted a Ballon Bleu Cartier watch.

the-duchess-of-cambridges-eternity-ring-and-new-watch.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Spanish royals broke out the tiaras for the first time in a while. Queen Sofia busted out the Fleu de Lys for the last time. Letizia will be wearing it after the abdication!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1398112344|3657308 said:

--- Laurie

VCA is one of my three favorite jewelers but this tiara is horrible. It's better left as a necklace.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results