shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat's Eye Chrysoberyl or Apatite?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to save the picture on the HD, then attach it here. We do not have access to your email account.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1389831140|3593635 said:
You have to save the picture on the HD, then attach it here. We do not have access to your email account.

lol, I was just about to click that link, and saw your reply :bigsmile:

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Like this?

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rm13/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Suite.aspx.htm

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot write the instructions right now because I'm in a rush. I hope someone can help. You have to use the Attachment feature on Pricescope.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono. I will work on this!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
To post pictures, first download the picture onto your computer. The desktop is an easy place. I believe PS accepts multiple formats, but I usually post jpgs.

Now, you can follow these instructions:
1) Click "post reply" (like you are going to reply to this message)
2) At the bottom of the message window, you will 2 two tabs/folders. The one in the front says "options". Click on the tab in the back, which says "upload attachments".
3) Next to "file name", click on "Browse". A window will appear that shows your desktop. Select the picture, and click "Open". This window will close
4) Now you will see the file name next to the "Browse" button.
5) You can now write a comment that will appear under the picture in the white space under "Browse", to the right of "File comment".
6) (You an skip this step and go to step 7 if you only want to post 1 pic.) You can add 3 additional pics (4 total) by clicking "add the file" (to the right of the file name. This will refresh the screen and "attach" the picture without posting it (yet). (If you get a red error message saying "The extension [format] is not allowed", that means you need to change the format of your picture.) If your picture is accepted, you can now add another one.
7) You can post your message and picture (and a file comment) by pressing submit, just like you do when you post a message. (You can also click "preview" to see how your message/picture will look.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
This is what I see when I follow the instructions:

he extension htm is not allowed.
The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector.
Your message contains too few characters.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Here is another try at posting the picture of the ring.

imag0437.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was it sold as? It looks very yellow and the photo isn't really good enough to see a true or accurate colour as the photo has been taken with a flash and to show the eye rather than the colour.

Having said that, if it is more yellow then chances are it's Apatite. If it looks more green or grey then it could be Chrysoberyl but at the end of the day it's impossible to tell from a photo.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
It was at a flea market with no claims. Inexpensive enough to be worth it. I know it's a real stone from the inclusions it has. There is not gray or green to speak of -- just milk and honey yellow/brown/white. In some light it's half milk and half honey divided by the eye. Not super translucent, but a great distinct eye. Thanks for the help.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The waxy luster makes it look like glass to me

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the OP still around? This thread is 4 months old.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Weird! I didn't bump it but it looks like I'm the most recent person to respond. I didn't even notice it was from so long ago. Ugh.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed that this tends to happen when a banned poster replies to the thread, effectively bumping it up, but the reply does not show up. Prior to your reply, you would have been able to see who was the last person to write in the thread.

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
LD|1389994682|3594940 said:
What was it sold as? It looks very yellow and the photo isn't really good enough to see a true or accurate colour as the photo has been taken with a flash and to show the eye rather than the colour.

Having said that, if it is more yellow then chances are it's Apatite. If it looks more green or grey then it could be Chrysoberyl but at the end of the day it's impossible to tell from a photo.

Cats eye chrysoberyls are often honey yellow. Thats pretty much the typical color. They call it milk and honey.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Why, Ed? Can you elaborate? Thanks.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Same impression as Ed, looks like Apatite.
As soon as I saw it, I thought 'Apatite Cat's Eye'. If someone told me it was Chrysoberyl I would certainly be surprised and skeptical.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Could anyone explain *why* they believe it's apatite? TIA.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Color is the first clue, brownish yellow normally means Apatite, greenish yellow for Chrysoberyl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results