shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice on DIFFICULT neighbor

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad it wasn't the neighbor. It would have been nice for the former owner to run his plan by you and see if you were on board.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1397679914|3654576 said:
I'm glad it wasn't the neighbor. It would have been nice for the former owner to run his plan by you and see if you were on board.
Agree!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
so, the only question I have is who owns the property? the loan papers are signed and all that? if so the flipper acted illegally. while his intentions were good he still trespassed and altered property no longer his. he could have called you or waited for your return.

if he owns the property still, well, it was his to do with as he saw fit.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ya think? Especially since he had no more right to be there than the crazy neighbor?!! :o

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Flippers are known to do the absolute minim to get the house sold. They don't care about about neighbors or the new buyers. What he now did, by moving the pipe, he could have totally done that 6 months ago.

Now the neighbor is talking about talking legal action against the new buyer.

My guess is he may in fact have a case and the flipper knows this, in which case it may be possible for you to have a case against the flipper.

No flipper, would spend their own money to fix a problem on a house he no longer has a stake in.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1397698802|3654738 said:

Ya think? Especially since he had no more right to be there than the crazy neighbor?!! :o

Well yeah, that's what I was getting at. He doesn't own the property anymore, so he shouldn't have just taken it upon himself to "fix" the pipe.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1397723857|3654883 said:

Well yeah, that's what I was getting at. He doesn't own the property anymore, so he shouldn't have just taken it upon himself to "fix" the pipe.

Sorry, Zoe, didn't mean to sound sarcastic or snarky with you - that is not at all how I meant it! I thought you said it so gently, that I was just trying to humorously emphasize the illegal action of the ex-owner. I really did not mean it at all to sound patronizing or snarky. That's what happens when you do a post and run! So sorry!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up: fence! :bigsmile: Seriously, as tall a fence as allowed, and definitely locked. It sends a message. I know it wasn't the neighbour this time, but it sounds like a good plan for the near future anyway.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1397748322|3654989 said:
Zoe|1397723857|3654883 said:

Sorry, Zoe, didn't mean to sound sarcastic or snarky with you - that is not at all how I meant it! I thought you said it so gently, that I was just trying to humorously emphasize the illegal action of the ex-owner. I really did not mean it at all to sound patronizing or snarky. That's what happens when you do a post and run! So sorry!

Oh that's not how I took it at all, Minous, so no need to apologize! I just meant that I agreed with you. Trust me, we're all good. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lyra|1397758200|3655080 said:
Next up: fence! :bigsmile: Seriously, as tall a fence as allowed, and definitely locked. It sends a message. I know it wasn't the neighbour this time, but it sounds like a good plan for the near future anyway.

Very glad it turned out not to be the neighbor! What a huge relief!

I am all for a fence but be careful because even good neighbors might object when it comes to fences. Though I am of the personal belief that fences make good neighbors for sure. Our neighbors at the beach are very nice and for the most part lovely. However, they are also very nosy and are always around and always checking out what we are doing and it can be a bit of an invasion of privacy because the backyards are close to each other. All our neighbors at the beach have 180 degree water views so no one wants that blocked (though I would be OK with a bit of blocking for privacy if you kwim). So there are no tall fences.

We have some privacy in the backyard because after my dh and I moved in we planted some beautiful trees and tall grasses and flowers (there were definitely some there already but we just made it a bit more complete and pretty and are not blocking their water view) but believe it or not they objected! It does not block their water view in any real way but lends for some privacy for both sides.

However the neighbors to our right were not happy at the time (and probably still not happy about it) but I explained as nicely as possible that it was because I needed some privacy and something pretty to look at rather than their backyard goings on and it gives them some privacy as well. I cannot tell you how long they tried to convince me otherwise but so far (it's been over a year now since we replanted everything lost from Sandy) we are still very good with our neighbors there but it was a difficult situation. Now the neighbors to the left never said a word and we also have a very good relationship with them as well. They are just much easier going.

Truthfully I want to put up a 6 foot fence LOL but as long as we maintain a good relationship with our neighbors to the right I won't. But if it ever turns, well, up goes that fence!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Missy is right. Fences are very helpful in neighbor relations. We have very difficult neighbors on one side. Our back yards are separated by a fence -- otherwise chaos would have broken out. It would help -- hope there isn't an HOA that forbids them.

Once you get the pipe buried, that idiot will have to acknowledge that his cellar problem is not your fault. I can't believe he blames that foundation water on the next-door house! He'll probably come up with something else to complain about before long -- ergo, fences!

--- Laurie

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
If this guy brings up the water issue again, suggest he have a french drain put in around the perimeter of his house.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results