shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your thoughts on an antique cushion please!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erica has placed this on hold for me. I love its outline and the cut is just gorgeous! Perfect for the setting I have in mind. Just not sure about the color. She is so awesome and will be taking pics of it upside down on white paper later today. It is a huge purchase for me and my palms are sweating as I type this. I could liquidate some of my other things - I might even sell my 3 stone OEC ring for it...

Please give me your thoughts. It will be in a vintage style platinum setting with OEC melee.

Thank you!

GIA L, VS1.

Measures 7.63 x 7.41 x 5.68mm

The videos are amazing.

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/on-hold-2-20ct-antique-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-l-vs1/

acc1.jpg

acc2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Can you get it in person and see if you like it before the return period is over and before you set it?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy I think that Erica has a return policy if I do not like it. 7 days I believe.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone redwood! I think we may be kindred spirits. I considered this stone as well but I had already gotten another stone in hand that was a bit larger. It's a gorgeous pattern. I agree with gypsy, can you have it shipped out to you to see how you like it in person? At least it's a GIA L so the color should be less noticeable than an EGL L but you may still notice some tint. Just gotta figure out if it's enough for you to see (especially once set) or if you don't mind it since it goes well with the antique faceting.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandabee we are kindred spirits!

My OEC avatar center is an uncerted L and sides are uncerted Ks. Their color does not bother me at all set in unplated 18k and you are right this one is a GIA L which should be faint color. Is the price fair for this stone? It is pushing my budget out by quite a bit but the cut is just so gorgeous! I was originally looking at 1.5-1.7 or so to stay in budget.

Also when looking at OWD and other sites it seems this carat weight with these measurements might be deep and not face up as large as others with same weight?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
NOTE: My opinion is going to be VERY biased as this is obviously my favorite type of cushion.

Red- As far as cushions go I love this pattern. Nice pillow-y corners and crisp maltese cross and a 49% table- that is my holy trinity right there :love:

As far as price I think 2.20ct L VS1 that looks that good for under 10k is pretty good. You could probably ebay something cheaper but expect a long wait and a toss up on facets that pretty :naughty: Old cuts have also gone way up in price in the last year or so (Hollywood popularity? China/ India...who knows why), so if you are going to buy one I would do it now before they continue to rise.

So stop reading pricescope and go buy this cushion :lickout: If I had 10k I would have already put it in my shopping cart and clicked purchase!

So how are you going to set this beauty??????? you have peeked my interest. This cushion is extremely similar to JustGinger, Meg_ and my own lovely AC so I'm always curious to see how people set a family member :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha SB! You are an enabler! I hear all that you say and appreciate it very much!

My inspiration setting has been made by two vendors and I just love it. Mine would be all platinum.

ETA - I just now realized this is yennyfire's ring too with an oval!!! I am so sorry I did not recognize this before because I was looking at the cushion pics!

singlestone_ring.jpg

dbl_small.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very nice from the pics!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I am still deciding and appreciate the help!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
redwood66|1397669593|3654461 said:
Ha SB! You are an enabler! I hear all that you say and appreciate it very much!

My inspiration setting has been made by two vendors and I just love it. Mine would be all platinum.

ETA - I just now realized this is yennyfire's ring too with an oval!!! I am so sorry I did not recognize this before because I was looking at the cushion pics!

I love the stone!! :love: And of course, I'm biased about the setting! I adore mine! Are you planning to play up the color with a yellow gold bezel or are you going with WG or PT? It's going to be a beauty either way!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny I love your ring!!!!!!! To death!!!! And I cannot believe that I never noticed that it is the same setting. I have had the DBL saved for awhile now. I would do all platinum.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
redwood66|1397685176|3654617 said:
Yenny I love your ring!!!!!!! To death!!!! And I cannot believe that I never noticed that it is the same setting. I have had the DBL saved for awhile now. I would do all platinum.

Thanks redwood! Mine is PT too and I adore it! I say "go for it"!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew I could find enablers here!

Pics of it upside down

acc_color.jpeg

acc_color_2.jpeg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea why they rotated?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty and great patterning! :love: I don't seem to mind the warmth at all!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think if your uncerted K and Ls don't bother you the GIA L will be fine! I agree it is a good price for the stone...I've been searching on the DL for maybe a year and actively since the beginning of the year and they have definitely been more scarce (especially with ones with patterns as nice as this). Please jump on it!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee have you posted your stone you found?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Typically I'm not a PS enabler. There have been too many times I have purchased something I haven't loved and I'm later stuck with. I think especially with old cuts most ppl will cut them down as they do have "problems" over modern cuts and it is much harder to find a great old cut.

Love the setting you picked!!! I just got my first Singlestone setting and I have to say it was the best money ever spent. Delicate and just a piece of art. I only wish I had gone with SS sooner. If you don't mind I would do the whole setting in PLAT. With an L stone there really isn't that much color to play up and it won't look like a FLY just a bit more contrast. I think you tend to leand towards more traditional and straight forward looks so I would stick with all PLAT.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I love this stone - my vote is a big ol' YES!!!!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I am more an OEC girl than an antique cushion fan but this one is STUNNING. I saw it on Erica's facebook page and my heart just skipped a beat. It's that pretty.

If you are going to bezel it and not have the stone visible from the sides, I would say an L is totally fine. Gladys is nice and creamy white from the top down and she is a GIA L. I honestly don't think there is much colour to play up in an L so white gold/platinum would be fine. When Gladys was in her solitaire mounting, I used to get a teeny bit bugged by seeing her from the side because she was tinted but in a halo she's perfect.

Also, the settings you are considering were made by the same vendor. SingleStone's bench made the yellow diamond version for DBL.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love that stone and the setting you are planning on getting!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all soooo much! I am in love with this stone. I can feel it when I look at it. :love: The color is not really going to be an issue but affording that setting right away is. I have resigned myself to a temp solitaire for right now which doesn't bother me because I will get to look down at my hand at this beauty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, I considered that one, too! It is so beautiful! It was a little smaller than I wanted, though. I am pretty sure that ring from DBL is a Singlestone ring, so there is only one place to buy that setting, and yes, it will be costly...but what a magnificent ring! :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Like the cut and the warmth...I am more of an OEC person and this antique cushion has that OEC feel to it but cushiony..

as some posters already said- if you have an uncert K and L and it doesnt bother you, then the GIA L is not really going to bother you.

Lovely setting to compliment the diamond. Warm colours in these antique cuts just screams romance....

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DS and gregchang!

The deal is done! Yay!! I am so excited and giddy!! :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new lovely. I love its pillowy shape and faceting.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yay! Congrats on your new stone! The setting is totally worth saving for, IMHO...it will be an heirloom!

angela06

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond! I love everything about it!
A setting from Single Stone will be worth every single penny. I can't wait to see what you decide.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh I cannot stand it! Thank you all so much for your help! Here I thought to get a decent sized cushion I was going to have to settle for a banged up, abraded, full of inclusions, S or T. Not that those are not lovely in their own right but just not what I would want for a forever upgrade e-ring stone. So please do not yell at me if you have one. I did trade my 3 stone OEC avatar ring though. But I figured I could make another of those much easier down the road than finding an ACC like this one. Erica was very fair to me and I am ecstatic.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful cushion!! And in a future Single Stone setting? This is going to be a dream ring :appl: looking forward to admire the end result. Congrats with step 1 :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results