shape
carat
color
clarity

White baroques

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Some time ago I noticed I have only a few shorter white necklace and of course I had to fix the situation immediately. I ordered strand of quite lustrous baroques and I'm in love. There wasn't pearls enough both to necklace and earrings. I added couple of dark blue "what-ever-jewelry"-stones and golden beads to neck area. It's was quite fun idea, but works nicely. Next saturday we have Lions club's 50-year anniversary and I have dark blue dress, so this set fits perfectly. And no layering in sight then :lol: .

_16841.jpg

_16842.jpg

_16843.jpg

_16844.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Some more...

_16845.jpg

_16846.jpg

_16847.jpg

_16848.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I know you all love photos so some more :)

_16849.jpg

_16850.jpg

_16851.jpg

_16852.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pearls and a lovely design. Please post pictures with your navy Lions club event dress next Saturday! I bet they will look stunning together. :))

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I love the "little bit of something beads" - very chic. You will be rockin' in your blue dress and those glowing white pearsl! Other ladies, you don't stand a chance!!!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection!!!

Those are stunning! What lustre! :appl: :appl: :appl:

They will look wonderful with your navy dress!

May I ask where you got those beauties?

:)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Confection, you are making me happy, once again. Lovely look -- navy with absolutely glowing white pearls! What is the mm of the pearls? They look so big around your neck.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl, thanks :wavey:

pkinnew, thanks :lol:

periwinklegirl, thanks. From LiLeiFamily again :wavey:

bsomlo, thanks. These really glow :shock: . Shot has taken very early this morning

_16875.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's a cunning way to sneak a bit of length, and I always like asymmetric.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks wonderful ! I love the 'glow in the dark' photo ! lol

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Double Post ..

I can't remember who was looking for white ripples but I was on the search for some a week ago and Pearlescence has some. Wendy always has good quality and hand picks them all at the shows. I do as well..but don't buy in the same volume so when I run out of something ..and no one in HK can supply it (amazing that there are things you just can't get from wholesalers at certain times of the year...or they don't want to go find 2 strands for me lol ) ...I can usually track it down at Wendys. :appl:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, these are 12-18mm :wavey:

Pearlescence, an imagination on right place is very helpful :wavey:

katbran, thanks! This strand, I think, meet my needs with white, large pearls. But remember, I speak now, just couple of days after when I received these beauties :lol: :wavey:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
And of course I couldn't resist :lol: :lol:....just because of my reputation as a layer queen :lol: :lol:

_16913.jpg

_16914.jpg

_16915.jpg

_16916.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Big white round and droppy baroque ripples a -plenty, yes. I just got some nice new.Getting much harder to find tissue big baroques in any sort of decent quality. More and more pearl production is switching to bead nucleated - even for the 8mms so get tissue baroques while you can.

(And I still haven't figured out why one undrilled good fireball costs as much as a strand of good full drilled fireballs. It just does..okay!)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for tip, Wendy. When will You add them to Your site? And by the way, I love Tahitians and misshapen Edisons I purchased from You
together. :love:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ripples got their own section! I have a few loose ones too, but only a few and I just found a decent pair of big rounds (one undrilled and one half drilled so in diff packets but I was looking for pearls for someone)
I'm about today because I am making some silver and pearl bangles, just playing with ideas

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Just wonder how can I know just seeing, not hammering, which freshwaters are tissue and which one are bead nucleated :shock: ? I doubt my baroques are bead ones though :wavey:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pearlescence|1397385603|3652665 said:
Big white round and droppy baroque ripples a -plenty, yes. I just got some nice new.Getting much harder to find tissue big baroques in any sort of decent quality. More and more pearl production is switching to bead nucleated - even for the 8mms so get tissue baroques while you can.

(And I still haven't figured out why one undrilled good fireball costs as much as a strand of good full drilled fireballs. It just does..okay!)

I know..the undrilled loose ones are so expensive. I just ordered a few Edison drop shapes and I could almost buy a strand for the cost! ;(

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Doesn't make sense to me; why undrilled are more expensive, if same quality :shock: ? I understand if there is huge difference in qualty...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Confection, that is a gorgeous combination, as always, but isn't it heavy? It would be too heavy for me to wear all day...

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, one word; no :) and thank You :wavey:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Couple shots more, now overcast daylight. And no, I don't like these at all, as you notice :lol: :lol:

_16917.jpg

_16918.jpg

_16919.jpg

_16920.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are those baroques some of the faceted type ones I've seen pix of? In a couple of those latest pix you can see a sort of protruding square facet effect.
How do you tell if they are bead nuked...look at them as much as anything. Is a big bead round? Suspect a bead, can you see the shape of a bead (round, coin, crescent moon)? The nacre looks a bit different too...though that is harder to explain and only comes with handling lots of pearls, maybe, It's often thicker looking...to explain. Tissue pearls are thin custard while bead nuked are much thicker in consistency somehow...errr
Size isn't always a total give away. I have some experimental 8mm white Edison round strands.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
You're so helpful, thanks. Just wonder if I ever learn without distroying couple of pearls. These aren't faceted, I think; there are some flat areas, but really faceted? No. Maybe some of them are more angular shape. I have thought faceted pearls have the textured nacre. Like this;

_16943.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - Isn't pearl love grand?!?! Your baroques just glow in the dark!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Ok girls whats that nipple? Pearl inside the pearl :shock:. Is this bead nucleus?

_16947.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Perhaps faceted is the wrong description...I think some nuclei are angular, maybe six or seven sided and with a couple of yours one of the facets is showing through more than the others - maybe the nucleus was not tight in the pearl sac so nacre was uneven....
I have seem some angular nucleated pearls.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have one of those hexagonal bead nuc'd pearl strands somewhere..I'll take a photo.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew, thanks :wavey:

Wendy, thanks! Your explanation is what I suspected :wavey:

katbran, please, post photo if You'll find them :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results