marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty's masterpiece.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1397437857.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I'm sorry the jeweler didn't bring in the diamond for you to see. Seriously, what were they thinking?! And I know you don't want to go TOO large with your stone, but DSS is a very real thing. My 3.37 turned into a speck overnight! Marty's map in the man cave is beyond awesome!!! He is so talented!

Deegee, I've never heard of butterbur but I will definitely look into it. Hell, if someone told me at this point that eating half a pound of Purina Cat Chow a day would stop migraines I'd be at Petco right now ordering a semi full of the stuff! Is your dad doing OK?

Today I spent 10 hours at HRB. I did four tax returns, all of which had major issues, but at least they are done and the taxpayers can now get on with their lives. Two more days and I will have survived my first tax season!

So I just sent and email to the tile guy telling him I hate the master bathroom. The 9-1/2' long shower wall drives me crazy. The glass tiles are staggered he didn't set them close enough together so the grout lines are really obvious to me. All I can see is a vertical stripe of grout every 12" where the tiles meet. I asked him to please remove the entire shower tile and do something different. I can hardly wait to get his response. :rolleyes:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA, and speaking of tax season, I called up my own accountant yesterday and said, Uh, hello. I dropped off my paperwork on March 6. Today is April 12. WHERE ARE MY FVCKING TAXES?

It turns out they were "right there" and did I want to come up and sign them? As opposed to filing my taxes late? Yah, that's a GREAT idea, as both a CPA and an IRS Enrolled Agent. NOT!!! So I bolted up there and did the paperwork. I'm getting over ten grand back from the Feds, Illinois and Missouri, so that softens the blow, but I'm so annoyed with my accountant I may try doing it myself next years. That's pretty annoyed!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, good luck with having them redo the master bath. Sorry they did such poor placement of the tiles in the first place. I am glad you remembered to get your taxes ready to file in time and that is awesome you are getting a nice return. I prefer to break even but we've had a nice return now for 2 years. Of course last year was due to buying the new house and all those associated tax breaks and this year we had sales tax on 2 new vehicles. I bet my return for 2014 won't be as smooth with estate and inheritance money included. Of course there won't be much of it so that will lesson the blow - if any. Thanks for the compliment on Marty's world map. For his first big project I think he did a very nice job.

It is very icy here and the city is on accident alert. I was going to have Marty take me to work in the morning but he has an orthodontist appointment at 7:30. No way am I ambitious enough to get up early and go in to work at 7. I told him if the roads are too bad to let me know and I'll wait for him to take me in. I'll just be late. :bigsmile:

I guess I'd best go :snore: now

Laters,
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Healthy Living Thr

Marcy-I absolutely cannot believe the jeweler didn't bring the stone in. I thought for sure we'd be oohing and ahhhing over it! Jerk! I'm glad you got to look at lots of other stones though. I keep thinking 1.5-1.75 would probably be just right for me. I showed my boss a picture of a sapphire ring I really like, and she predicted I'd never wear it because I am pretty low key, and I don't even wear my ering or wband most days. Marty's map looks great! I bet that adds a lot to the room. I bought a giant clock (50 inches in diameter) at hobby lobby. People kept looking at Matt weird as we walked through the store with it, but I really needed something big for the massive wall. Now to figure out how to hang it! Yuck for accident alert. Be careful.

Dee*Jay-definitely too bad about the shower. Hopefully they can come up with something else you will like. Once you see something you don't like it will bug you forever if it doesn't get changed. I have a friend who has to have everything spaced symmetrically. Something was installed slightly off center in her kitchen, and she can't take it. She walks in and turns her head as not to look directly at the offending slightly off center thing. I can't even remember what it is, if that's any indication of it bugging me. Of course, I don't live with it. It was that way when they bought the house, and I swear she's planning a whole kitchen remodel because of it. I'm with you on the migraines. It's time for me to get a hormonal migraine, and I haven't had a completely debilitating one since December. I'm due.

I worked a couple hours extra today and got home at 7ish. Matt had picked up a pizza, so I had pizza and beer for dinner. I worked on moving winter clothes to a upstairs closet and bringing springy clothes downstairs. I held out a few sweaters and a pair of boots..it's going to snow tomorrow. Blah! Dad is still in the hospital. He has lost 49 lbs since December. He is 6'2 and is down to 163. He looks so tiny and fragile. The doctor said they may have to discontinue chemo because it is killing him. They will wait until he is more stable and then reassess his condition. We had gone to my 12-yr old niece's softball game and we were hanging out at her house later, and both she and my 15-yr old niece asked if they could come with us to the hospital. It meant a lot to granddad to have the girls spend Saturday night with him in the hospital. I thought it was very sweet that they wanted to be there. My family is tight. They're awesome. Have a great day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, I sure hate to hear your dad has lost so much weight and is not doing well with the chemo. I am sure the visit from your nieces made his day. Hugs to all of you. I was hoping I'd have a new pretty ring and diamond too but the more I look the more unsure I am what I want. Marty is hesitant to have me purchase online. He doesn't mind taking me somewhere to look but thinks this is too much money to not see and touch the diamond first. He also thinks I should get the 1.5 carat. Hopefully you'd love your sapphire diamond ring so much you'd wear it all the time. The 1.5 carats do look amazing so if you went up to a 1.75 you'd see that ring coming in the dark. See I am still trying to enable you to go buy some bling. Wow, a 50" clock sounds great. I think the one we have over the fireplace is about 40". I like it because I can see it even though I am mostly blind without glasses. Did you get anything else at HL? Good luck hanging your clock - be careful. When Marty was hanging my Snoopy photos in the stairwell I was a nervous wreck but I had to hand him things and help him. I had our alarm remote out so I could summon an ambulance quickly if necessary. :lol:

Marty had an orthodontist appointment at 7:30. He called me when he left and said I wasn't going anywhere in the car. I had a big old drift behind where my car is parked in the garage so he said he'd take me to work when he was done with his appointment. I got to work about 30 minutes late is all - it was very icy this morning. It was all melted by 5.

Since Marty picked me up we went out for supper. I had steak, salad and baked potato. I have 1/2 of it for lunch tomorrow.

Work was weird today. I got my annual performance appraisal. I got an exceeds and a 4.25% raise but also got a new title which no matter how they promote it sounds like a demotion. I was a manager II and now I am a supervisor III. Our company bought out some other big company that had better pay and benefits so they've worked on structuring our company more to be in line with the new company. Of course my boss tried to tell me not to look at it as a demotion and now I have chances for advancement and I thought - oh wait work my way back to where I am now? Another manager I who is now a supervisor was texting me tonight. She is really mad about it. I guess with other things that have happened to me in the last year a title change is a blip on the radar but it looks and sounds funny.

Well, I'd best start getting ready for bed. I hope to get a good night's sleep for a change.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday Tax Day kids!

Curby, I got the quote from the guy to redo the master and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I told him YES, please start ASAP. We had snow here yesterday and it’s pretty slippery this morning. I was REALLY careful walking to work. When the weather’s like this can you please send Marty to drive me?

Deegee, I’m also about due for a hormonal migraine but I’ve been good (although not perfect… ) about the magnesium, so we’ll see. I think it’s great that your nieces want to go and see your dad. Close families like yours give me hope for humanity! I, on the other hand, was raised by wolves…

Last night I was in the HRB office about 10:30 finishing up some paperwork and suddenly two of the women there with me were standing on chairs and screaming their heads off. There was a GIANT, and I do mean GIANT, rat (*R*A*T*!!!!!) running from the back of the office toward the lobby. Then he made a big circle in the seating area before finally heading down the stairs. Apparently he had also made an appearance earlier in the day and a client saw him too. I swear to god, if it wasn’t April 15th already and I didn’t have some huge returns to finish up tonight I would absolutely tell them to go fvck themselves.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Dee Jay. I would have screamed bloody murder seeing that giant rat. I just saw an article online yesterday where rats are getting to be as big as cats. Aak. Runaway. Runaway.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tax Day, Indeed!

Dee Jay, that is awesome your bathroom do over wasn’t as bad as you thought it might be. I will let Marty know you might need a ride now and then during these stupid, non-ending snow and ice storms. His trucklet does well on those slippery, drifted roads. I am still freaking out for you about the rat story.

We had mice in our first house right after we were first married. Whenever we came home I said: “We’re home, Mickey, you little ****”. I was afraid to get up in the middle of the night. We made him a batch of D-Con surprise and Marty and my dad plugged up any and every hole where they might be getting in to our house. Our last house had snakes in the basement (tiny ones) and a den of snakes outside. When we had our patio redone before we moved they found the snakes and wanted to show them to me. I’m like no thanks get them away from me. This house has black widow spiders and I am sure there are a lot of mice around here. Now I’ll be awake all night. Of course the snakes probably kept the mice away.

Work was very busy today. It made the day zip by. My dad’s attorney’s office called and had the document ready for me to sign to allow me to sell their house. I ran downtown during lunch to get that going. They have to file it now and will mail me a copy. Hopefully I get it before closing on the 30th.

Hi Deegee!

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after tax season kids!

Curby, I am not *fond* of rats, but I will take them over SNAKES any day! :errrr: There was a "consultant" (translation: exterminator) walking out yesterday when I was walking in. He said there is "evidence" of a varmit (translation: rat sh!t in the basement) and he was going to suggest a "solution" (translation: death to The Rat). I will likely never know how this turns out. And I'm fine with that!

I clocked out after 11 pm last night after doing tax returns for two final clients. One was a married couple; quite lovely but rather clueless. They had come in the night before but I had to send them home to organize some things so we finished up last night. The other was a guy who had also come in the night before and on APRIL 14 at 8 pm decided to file taxes for THREE YEARS (2011, 2012, 2013). WTF. I also had to send him home to get more info and I ended up spending more than two hours with him last night. He's getting a total refund for the threee years in excess of $18K plus whatever is coming back from Illinois. Believe you me, if somebody owed me EIGHTEEN GRAND and all I had to do was spend two hours and a couple hundred bucks to get it I wouldn't wait years to make it happen!

OK, back to my regularly scheduled life...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy & Dee*Jay-rats, mice and snakes? Good lord! I think snakes creep me out the most, so I'll have to go with the furry options there. Yuck, any way you go! We had a creek in the back yard at our old house and black rat snakes hung out a plenty. I never, ever went outside in the grass after dark, and never ever ever barefoot, ever!

Marcy-I hope everything goes smoothly for you for closing on the 30th. What's up with these guys and early appointments? Matt had a 7am eye appointment today. My eyes sure don't work that early! I saw a car today that I really liked, but doubt very much that Matt can fit comfortably in it. It's the Audi SQ5. Loved it! Are you happy with your Audi?

Dee*Jay-I am so thankful for my family. I know I'm genuinely lucky to call that bunch of goofballs my family. Your tax stories make me think of the woman who called yesterday to take a loan against her retirement account. She was told she would be mailed an application, and she said "oh no, I need the money today. I have to pay taxes. I'll be there in a bit to get the check." I think it takes 30 days for a loan to be approved, so she was not happy. (I work in governmental DB plans. Lots of rules.)

Today's board meeting lasted from 10-3:15. I had a brownie at about 1 pm when I thought I was going to go face down at the table from starving to death, tomato soup at 3:30, and a sandwich and fries for dinner. I worked until 7 and so did Matt, so neither of us were in the mood to make food. Not a good day on the eating right front! Dad got out of the hospital today and they have suspended chemo for the time being. I'll call mom and get more info tomorrow. I'm sooo sleepy. Have a good day tomorrow!

You guys will find this funny...a coworker today told me to hand over my checkbook and she'd go pick out everything I need for the house, a new sapphire ring for my right hand, and a new car since I have so much trouble with these things. I really have that much to pick out? Ugh! But I bought a giant clock. That counts for something, doesn't it?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Dreaming of Diamonds Day!

Dee Jay, I can’t believe that guy hadn’t filed taxes for so many years. Especially since he was getting a refund. I bet you are happy tax season is over. Of course there will be people coming in that are panicked and late. Rats, snakes they are all varmints and I am not a fan. What is the estimated move in date for you? It is getting close.

Deegee, aak to rats in the back yard. I’d scream like a girl every time I saw one. I actually got an email from the realtor today saying closing may be as early as the 25th. They should get the roof done next week – it is going to be real springtime weather here for a change. We are very happy with our Audi. This is our 3rd A6. The one we bought in September somehow, someway better than the previous 2 models and we thought they were great. The SQ5 are very nice. Too funny that lady thought she could just come pick up a check from you at work. It’s like a checking account, huh? Your dad will be more comfortable at home. I hope he gets stronger being off chemo for a while. I am thinking of him and your mom. Too funny your coworker offered to go shopping for you. Sounds like a deal to me.

Work was once again busy and I took off a little early.

I stopped by my parents house and found as my dad was calling them “surprises in the mail” and also put his trash out for tomorrow. We probably have one more trash can load to fill off the patio then I think we’ll be done with that.

The surprises were a letter from the county clerk office inquiring why the taxes were never paid on the new car my dad leased. I thought taxes were paid with the lease but then again I don’t know much about leasing a car. I will call them tomorrow and see if I still owe them anything.

The other surprise was a bill for us for moving the electric chair lift for the stairs. I paid for it already though so will call them in the morning as well.

The reason I rushed home was I had a video meeting with Wink (High Performance Diamonds) to see a G VS2 diamond. It was gorgeous. Marty wants me to get a 1.5 carat so I asked Wink to bring in a 1.52 H VS2 for me to see as well. I think I’ll have a 3mm ring made that looks like the Tiffany band with a few scattered diamonds and mount the head right on top of the band. We went to the mall to see what a 1.25 sized diamond looks like on my hand but most places only had 1 carat and a few had a 1.5 carat. I know I’d get used to the 1.5 carat diamond but it seems so large to me now. As Marty pointed out though if you are upgrading why go just a tiny bit? It seems like it would be a headlight on my hand. I think if I get the 1.5 carat I might trade in my current diamond with them to help defray the cost. I’d lose about $3300 doing it that way instead of trading it in on something. I’m bad spending estate money that I don’t even have yet but I am excited and having fun shopping.

Laters,
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Marty suggests a bigger diamond? Heck, take him up on that! I think 1.5 is a great size. I'd rush home for a meeting with High Performance Diamonds too. I hope you get something soon so I can live vicariously through you. I truly can't see color in my H, but you're used to higher color so you might notice it. I hope you don't end up thinking "yuck! How does deegee live with it?" I knew you had 2 Audi's, but didn't know that number was 3. I seriously doubt Matt can fit in it comfortably, but I'll sure give it a whirl if he can! I really like my Acura so I'm not in a hurry. This is the longest I think I've ever kept a car.

I worked another 10.5 hr day today. I have worked so much extra the last few weeks that I don't have to use a lot of vacation for taking off next week. Woo-hoo! I plan to work a normal day tomorrow and then go visit my parents afterwards. I have a lot to do before we leave for the beach, and don't have enough time to get everything done. Argh! I'm finding that I am eating horribly right now, always on the run. I've been too tired to exercise when I get home in the evenings. I have to get this under control ...it looks like my schedule is going to be crazy for the foreseeable future. Right now I'm heading to bed. Good night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Deegee, okay I am considering the 1.5 carat again. I need more window shopping. :bigsmile: Yes, this is our third A6. Marty fits in it just fine but of course you are looking at the SUV. That is good you like your Acura. You'll get your new car when you are ready for it. Sorry to hear you are working so much but that is great you won't have to use much vacation next week. I bet you are anxious for some nice, relaxing days by the beach.

I didn't sleep worth a darn last night. I struggled to stay awake today. Hopefully I sleep okay tonight.

Off to get my jewelry out of their "bath" and get ready for bed.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend is Here! :wavey:

Deegee, have a safe trip and a great vacation!

Dee Jay, how is your place coming along? What day do you have to move out of your current place?

I was very busy at work but took time during lunch to go visit another jewelry store. They had a 1.25 carat solitaire; I could honestly not see much difference in size between it and my 1 carat so I guess I will go up to the 1 1/2 carat range. I am sure DSS will set in soon with it and it won't seem that big after a while.

We had our astronomy club meeting tonight then went out for coffee and pie afterwards. I must remind myself not to pick cherry pie there it is very bitter tasting. I had some a few months ago and sadly I forgot until I tried it again tonight. That's a good thing though because I ate less of it that way.

Tomorrow I am working on laundry and need to go buy food. I want to get flowers and visit the cemetery too. Marty of course will be playing golf. We finally have spring like weather here.

On our way to the meeting tonight Marty pointed out my mark on the curb. :lol:

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! :wavey: Didn't eat much today but I can't say the same on alcohol consumption! :knockout: I even took a nap! :o

Went grocery shopping bright and early. Cleaned up a few things on the patio at my parents house. Took some flowers to the cemetery. Met Marty and his golf buddy for drinks on an empty stomach then we had lunch and came back to our house.

I spent HOURS setting up new email accounts tonight. Our internet provider is shutting off our current emails June 30th - one of those buy out another company bit. Marty bought our own domain so we won't have to change our emails or astronomy club website ever again. I migrated one of my email addresses earlier this week and I thought all sorts of people were ignoring my emails. Once I set the new email up on my laptop I had tons of emails waiting for me. Of course that account keeps whining about an unsecured password. Sigh.

I need to get ready for bed. :snore:

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter! :wavey:

We met some friends for brunch today (their family really) so it was nice. We didn't eat until about 11 so I was pretty starved by then. I tried a smattering of assorted things including dessert. Food was just okay (not really a fan of buffets) so I didn't eat that much. I was glad to do something different on a holiday though.

Marty is organizing the garage. Woo hoo!

I told Wink (Hi Performance Diamonds) that I will pass on his 1.26 G VS2 beauty but I will wait for something in G / H VS (or eye clean Si1) to come along in the 1.4 to 1.55 carat range. I would not snub my nose at a WF ACA but for some reason those CBI really appeal to me. I probably won't get anything for several months but I have no idea what I want to do about wedding rings anyway. My Tiffany band is kind of bugging me (thickness wise not finger coverage wise). Plus that 18K really gets beat up and scratched pretty easy. It might be a RHR or occasional wedding band.

I have lasagna baking for supper. I am going to get cut some strawberries for us and clean up some raw veggies. We ate late enough I am not going to make garlic bread or anything. We'll have lots of leftovers for lunch now.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! We made it to our destination today. Same beach house as last year. It got up way earlier than usual (might as well have stayed up all night), and it was a long , 9/hr day in the car. We went to eat dinner and get some groceries right after we got here, and I feel like I could fall asleep sitting up. The plan for this week is to sleep in every day, eat too much, drink too much, and not do a whole lot of anything else. None of us brought our work computers and I'm going to try to stay oblivious to anything going on there this week.

Marcy-I hate to hear your band is getting scratched. The higher the cold content, the softer? My white gold wedding rings have lost their rhodium plating. I have had them dipped many times and my skin just seems to eat it off. I'm thinking I'll just have them polished his time and not worry about it. Those email changes are such a pain! There were 2 Audi Q7's in the parking lot bedside my Acura last night when we left the restaurant. Matt was checking them out and I told him the one I'm considering is smaller than those...smaller, but a whole lot of fun to drive! (Or so I've read)

Hi Dee*Jay!

Good night all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it sounds like you have a great agenda for the week. :bigsmile: I am glad none of you took your work computers. I'd be too tempted to work. Enjoy the beach for me. Yes, the higher percentage of gold the softer it is so that is probably why it is getting scratched more than the 14K rings I wear. I spent a few hours last night starting to update email information in our online accounts. It is a pain to have to change them all the time. The Q5 are fun to drive. We have 2 friends that have one and they both love them. The Q7 are nice too but I don't want that big of a car.

I am really sleepy. It's only 8:35. Hopefully I sleep all night for a change.

Hi Dee Jay!

Curby. I've left my mark in Wyoming. I saw it this morning. :lol:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I don't want quite as big a vehicle as the Q7 either. The funny thing is that the SQ5 is smaller, but is more expensive because of the supercharged engine. I'm going to ask to test drive it on the narrow, curvy road to my house. I bet it's fun! Found any more stones to check out? I haven't checked the WF site for a while. I'm thinking maybe if there is something there for me, it will call to me... The thoughts of a bazillion unchecked emails awaiting my return makes me nervous, so I will admit I checked my work email from my phone today. Don't tell Matt!

Today was a lazy, lazy day. Lily and I took a long walk on the beach. We pretty much had it all to ourselves so it was very nice and peaceful. I had carrot cake and mimosas for breakfast, mimosas and cheese dip for lunch, a long nap, and a petite filet with asparagus & mashed potatoes and beer for dinner at a microbrewery. My friend and I drank the whole bottle of champagne today, so we had to stop after dinner and get a few more bottles. Lots of mimosas on the menu for the week, so we have to be prepared! Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There was a bad storm yesterday, so the sand looks yucky today. Lots of shells though. Our beach house is on the other side of the dune.

_17175.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Deegee, I can't wait to hear what you think if you test drive the SQ5. We sure have fun on corners with our A6. Of course Marty drives far more aggressively than I do. I am kind of on hold with diamonds for now. I really want a CBI diamond. There could be a G Si1 around 1.5 carats in a few months. As long as it's eye clean I think it would be perfect for me. The only other diamond I would consider is the WF ACA. The ACA are a little cheaper but from all my research the CBI are very consistent and some ACA are different than others. I think either of them would be a killer diamond but I want the very best since I am using money from my parents estate. I am also reconsidering on the rings. I want to go try on the 2.6mm Tiffany Bezet ring with the Etoile band. If I like them together I will see about getting the 2.6 band made into a mounting. If I don't like that then I am going standard solitaire and will probably upgrade my anniversary band. That way I can switch between the anniversary band or Etoile ring. I want to get the ring figured out now so when I find a diamond I can either buy the ring at the same place as the diamond or have the ring to send them to mount the diamond. I always check my emails when I am out of the office too. It saves so much time when I get back to work. Your day sounds perfect. Mimosas sounds divine. I like your menu. Thanks for the great beach picture. Wow that is cool to have the beach to yourself.

Work was busy and I was getting tons of phone calls. The roofer is going to move up doing the roof on my parents house so we can have it do e before closing. It is a big imposition for them, blah blah blah. Let's see I told them to have it done before the 30th and they are doing it on the 24th and they didn't order shingles until last week. Can't say I feel bad for them. The closing is Friday. The buyer goes in Friday morning. I go in Friday afternoon. The attorney supposedly has the document giving me authority to sell the house. I need to go get that tomorrow.

I stopped at a local jeweler last week and they said they'd look for some diamonds for me. I left them really tight specs on what I wanted in G or H VS diamonds. I gave them table, depth, crown angle, pavilion angle criteria. So they call me and say they have 5 diamonds for me to check out. Come to find out they have 5 possible ones to bring in. She had to call someone back and get the certificate numbers for me. Let's just say they don't need to bring any of those diamonds in for me to see. My favorite was a 61 table and 59 depth. I told Marty they cut that baby for size not looks. Marty says I am a diamond snob. :bigsmile:

Are you packing Deegee?

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, your vacation sounds divine! Especially that part about a lot of champagne to be consumed!!! And what a happy dog with a whole beach to explore!

Marcy, LOL on the diamonds! I can never figure out what jewelers are thinking when we give them specific parameters and then they produce something else… ???

Well I survived the weekend, but just barely (literally!). Thursday and Friday were packing hell. Saturday the movers put all my stuff in storage. Sunday the CB and I had a lovely time at his family’s house for Easter dinner. And yesterday it was construction mania from the word go! I got up at 5:30 and never stopped. The crowning glory was when the electrician needed more 6” can lights for the low part of the ceiling so I had to get to Home Depot and back and then over to a showing at a $900K listing, all in less than an hour. There is a wacky traffic “triangle” outside the front gate of my new building and some of the corners have stop signs and some don’t. Plus a major street feeds onto one of the legs of the triangle and those people don’t have a stop sign. I was thinking about the type of fixtures to buy and not paying enough attention to other cars and if the other driver and I hadn’t both stood on our brakes at the same time we would have crashed HEAD ON. From now on I am only driving around that triangle in the direction of all the stop signs! All’s well that ends well, but that was too close a call for comfort!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, I just love it when you tell someone exactly what you want and that is not what they get for you. I am absolutely not going to settle for anything on this diamond I don't want. OMG - I am glad you and the other car did slam on your brakes in time - a head on collision would have been awful! I am not a big fan of triangles or roundabouts. No one seems to know how to drive in them. I bet you are getting very anxious to get your place done and moved in. I am so excited for you.

I picked up my official paperwork today that is court certified indicating I can sell my parent's house. Let's hope closing actually goes off smoothly on Friday.

We had leftover lasagna for supper - easy and few dishes. Woo hoo!

It's warm and sunny here today with very little wind - I must be dreaming.

How's the beach, Deegee?

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*jay-holy crap about the near head on! That would have been really bad. I hate those triangles and roundabouts too. I don't blame you for wanting to stay in the direction with stop signs. People at work make fun of me for going out of my way to make right turns unless it's a left at a light with a turn arrow. Lily is having a blast at the beach. Luckily this area is very pet friendly and people generally don't mind when she introduces herself, which is pretty much any time she sees anyone she doesn't know. I meet lots of people chasing my crazy dog all over the place! (Hunky guy a few beach houses down!)

Marcy-it's good to be a diamond snob. At least you know what you're looking at and you're not going to get taken with a bad deal on a lousy diamond. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the closing on Friday. When we closed on our new house, we were in one room at the table with the sellers. When we closed on the house we were selling, we were there at the same time as the buyer but in separate rooms and then at the end they put us in one room and we just chatted a bit. That was weird. You'll be there at a completely different time than the buyer?

So today's healthy menu was carrot cake and 2 cups of coffee...1/2 coffee, 1/2 Bailey's for breakfast, chips and salsa, and mimosas for lunch, and filet mignon, crab cake, and wine for dinner, and wine for snacks. It's probably bad that I've had filet mignon and champagne 2 days in a row while I'm staying in a fabulous beach house. Reality is sure going to slap me across the face next week! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I am parking on the fourth floor of a garage with very tight corners, especially as you turn to go down the ramps (for some reason I have no problem on the way up though). EVERY DAMN TIME I leave that garage I scrape my rims right along the curb, sometimes on more than one floor since I have to go down four levels. I think of you every time!

Deegee, in Illinois a closing typically involves have the closing agent from the title company, buyer’s attorney, buyer, seller’s attorney and seller all in the same room. The attorneys can represent their parties with a power of attorney, but often everyone comes. Plus, the agents go about half the time (I make it a point to go to all my closings if at all possible) and sometimes the lender shows up too. It’s a real zoo!

Yesterday was my company’s annual meeting. I have to say (a) I am so lucky to work for this place, (b) I learn something new every day, and (c) we are such a class act! I have worked for places where I was ready to flush my name tag down the toilet, but at yesterday’s meeting I was really proud of the meeting we held. What an amazing feeling! And I read a quote the other day on LinkedIn that said picking the right boss is much more important than picking the right job. Spot on!!! Anyway, enough gushing about my work situation!

The lower part of the ceiling was drywalled yesterday! I seriously should have been using these current guys all along and I would have been moved in by now! Oh well, live and learn. Taping and mudding starts today, painting should be done by next Wednesday, hardwood floors after that, and BOOM – I get to move! I’m finally starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Deegee, I am just like you on right turns – I hate having to turn left and mind you I don’t live in a large metropolitan area. That is great Lily is out making friends on the beach. LOL he found a nice hunky guy down the beach. That is kind of weird you had to talk to the people buying your house for a while at closing. I won’t be at the same place or time as the guy buying my parents house. I would feel weird talking to him but I think I will send him a best wishes card in a few weeks. I really want a mimosa now. I should have one in the morning. Sadly I don’t have any champagne. I should pick up some though after the house signing. Yes, reality will be a big slap in the face for you next week. You’ll have lots of great memories from this week to help tide you over though.

Dee Jay, that is way too funny you think of me as you skim along down those ramps and have an unwanted meeting with a curb. You can refer to that as pulling as “Marcy”. I wouldn’t have any wheels or tires left if I had to drive through that obstacle course everyday. Closings in Illinois involve just about everyone, huh? I am taking a lot of documents with me tomorrow in case I need them but the realtor has forwarded everything to the title company for me already. You are getting close to being able to move in. That is awesome. Big Party at DeeJay’s new house! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Well I have a diamond on reserve with Whiteflash. I am so excited. It is a F VS1 1.52 ACA. I am going to order 2 of their 3mm scattered diamond bands in YG and have one of them altered with a head mounted on it so it will be my engagement ring. I am going to keep my Tiffany band – well because I like it and it’s from Tiffany’s. Here is the link to my certificate.

http://www.agslab.com/pdf_sync_reports/104069951049-PGRH.PDF

I am taking off tomorrow so I can work on estate chores and impatiently wait for closing.

Have a great Friday!
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-squeeeeee!!! I'm so excited! That looks like a great stone! I can't wait until you get it. Yippee! It wasn't awkward when we were all in the same room the whole time during closing on the new house, but when we we sold our house and did everything separately and then they put us in one room while someone was making extra copies was weird. Even our realtor thought it was weird. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Dee*Jay-I'm with Marcy...party at Dee*Jay's. You have to be so excited! Ouch for your poor car rims! I'm glad to hear you love your job and your employer. I sure wish I could say the same. Did you see the USA Today poll that rated Chicago as the funniest city? You're lucky. They recently rated the area where I live as the 2nd or 3rd most unhealthy and the 1st in job dissatisfaction. Not to mention our skunk water!

Today Matt and Tim (the dude in the couple were traveling with) brought back gourmet made to order donuts for breakfast. I'm not usually a donut person, but I ate 2 along with my coffee & Bailey's. Lily, Matt and I took a long walk on the beach mid day. I didn't have lunch, and we went to an Asian restaurant where I tried sushi for the very first time, and I actually liked it. My dinner was excellent, and we came back and sat on the deck drinking random mixed drinks we concocted and could never recreate. Our goal for the week was to sleep in every day, eat too much and drink too much and so far we have not disappointed ourselves! Is tomorrow already Friday? Waaaahhhh! Have a great day!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm loving having the beach mostly to ourselves. I really love how there are no huge hotels along the shoreline...just houses that peak over the dunes.

_17299.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deegee|1398404425|3659672 said:
I'm loving having the beach mostly to ourselves. I really love how there are no huge hotels along the shoreline...just houses that peak over the dunes.

Wow that is so awesome. A private stretch of beach. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results