color
clarity

Wanting to buy a pearl necklace...help!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
hi bright ice- you'll find pearls addictive. Since I've been here I haven't spent nearly as much time on CS or RT!! I love the inception pearls- I didn't realize they had them back in stock. The peach/pink pearls are nice- but may blend with skin tone and I can't remember what your coloring is (we did meet last year in Vegas at the PS GTG-didn't we?).

The other pearls you may want to check out are the freshwater keshi strands (like my champagne "Jewel of the week"). They come in the smaller size which I got (to go with the pendant) or a larger size, too. They were the Pearl Paradise special last month (great price!!) and are still on special when I just checked. They come in white, ivory, champagne, pink, and peach, if I remember right. Keshis don't come as large as some of these very often and are all nacre! They are gorgeous. So if it were me- I'd choose either the inception pearls (love, love, love them!!) or a keshi strand.

PS- did you hear from Tracey?

eta- I just noticed on PP website that multicolor inceptions are out of stock and only white is available. Were you thinking of the white strand?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice - Were you thinking of getting the white Inception strand? If not you may want to contact PP and see if they have some multi-colored strands in stock that aren't on the website. I personally like the intensity of the Inceptions. Let us know what you decide!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1397482410|3653198 said:
hi bright ice- you'll find pearls addictive. Since I've been here I haven't spent nearly as much time on CS or RT!! I love the inception pearls- I didn't realize they had them back in stock. The peach/pink pearls are nice- but may blend with skin tone and I can't remember what your coloring is (we did meet last year in Vegas at the PS GTG-didn't we?).

The other pearls you may want to check out are the freshwater keshi strands (like my champagne "Jewel of the week"). They come in the smaller size which I got (to go with the pendant) or a larger size, too. They were the Pearl Paradise special last month (great price!!) and are still on special when I just checked. They come in white, ivory, champagne, pink, and peach, if I remember right. Keshis don't come as large as some of these very often and are all nacre! They are gorgeous. So if it were me- I'd choose either the inception pearls (love, love, love them!!) or a keshi strand.

eta- I just noticed on PP website that multicolor inceptions are out of stock and only white is available. Were you thinking of the white strand?

Thanks for your advice Pinkjewel. Yes, we did meet in Vegas last year. I can agree with what you are saying about the pink/peach maybe blending with skin tone too much. I do love your strand so I'll check them out. What about your pendant? Do they have those available on their site? I don't see them if so.

Yes, Tracey did respond back. She is quite booked with custom orders so I am not sure if it's doable for her. We are going to respond with each other again regarding my needs. I love your dress but would want mine in a tea length. It will all depend on our coordinating time schedules.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow or white gold clasp?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1397491286|3653260 said:

Thanks for your advice Pinkjewel. Yes, we did meet in Vegas last year. I can agree with what you are saying about the pink/peach maybe blending with skin tone too much. I do love your strand so I'll check them out. What about your pendant? Do they have those available on their site? I don't see them if so.

Yes, Tracey did respond back. She is quite booked with custom orders so I am not sure if it's doable for her. We are going to respond with each other again regarding my needs. I love your dress but would want mine in a tea length. It will all depend on our coordinating time schedules.

Well, I hope you and Tracey can work something out!!

OK- back to pearls. I have a strand of peachy pink fireballs and feel they blend too much with my skin which is why I was steering you away from the baroques that you mentioned first. I just received my "JOTW" jewelry (like 10 minutes ago!!!!) and I LOVE the champagne color- think ultra warm ivory. I'll take some pics this afternoon so you can see it against my skin tone. The fireballs are not really on their website- you need to call them to coordinate the pearls for you and pendant findings,etc. They will send you photos to select what you like after they pull items. I went with a yellow gold lobster clasp and chain so that I could vary the length. I had the pearls strung at 17" with a 2 inch chain. I like having the option of 19 to 20 to work over clothes,too. If you are not looking to embed diamonds you may want a souffle pearl for your pendant- lots of beautiful souffles!!!! Since they are hollow they don't work for embedding jewels.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1397496736|3653301 said:

OK- back to pearls. I have a strand of peachy pink fireballs and feel they blend too much with my skin which is why I was steering you away from the baroques that you mentioned first. I just received my "JOTW" jewelry (like 10 minutes ago!!!!) and I LOVE the champagne color- think ultra warm ivory. I'll take some pics this afternoon so you can see it against my skin tone. The fireballs are not really on their website- you need to call them to coordinate the pearls for you and pendant findings,etc. They will send you photos to select what you like after they pull items. I went with a yellow gold lobster clasp and chain so that I could vary the length. I had the pearls strung at 17" with a 2 inch chain. I like having the option of 19 to 20 to work over clothes,too. If you are not looking to embed diamonds you may want a souffle pearl for your pendant- lots of beautiful souffles!!!! Since they are hollow they don't work for embedding jewels.

I talked to them this morning and she is sending me an email of 2 strands along with several potential fireball pendants.
I have a parcel of 18 single cuts that are waiting to be used. Do you think they are useable in the pendant and bracelet?

Your thread has set me on fire! :naughty:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1397506900|3653389 said:
pinkjewel|1397496736|3653301 said:

I talked to them this morning and she is sending me an email of 2 strands along with several potential fireball pendants.
I have a parcel of 18 single cuts that are waiting to be used. Do you think they are useable in the pendant and bracelet?

Your thread has set me on fire! :naughty:
Haha- can't wait to see!! :appl: What size are your melee? Mine were 1.4 to 1.8 I think is what Hisano said. I sent her 18 so that she could pick which ones. Rather than have her send any back I had her place the remaining 6 in my bracelet. If I were starting from scratch I would probably put larger melee in the bracelet- 2 to 2.5 as mine are kind of hard to see. I like the smaller sizes in my fireball as I wanted glimmer- not, in your face, diamonds-if you know what I mean. If the ones you have are closer to my size you may want them in the bracelet or not. If I were putting them in a necklace (not pendant) I would definitely use the larger size.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I do have a custom tin cup created by Jeremy Shepherd using inception multi colored pearls with matching earrings. They don't look like fireballs or keshi pearls.

inceptionpearlset.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1397510893|3653415 said:
I do have a custom tin cup created by Jeremy Shepherd using inception multi colored pearls with matching earrings. They don't look like fireballs or keshi pearls.

Very beautiful!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I would also say be cautious of peach -- many people love the color but I steer away from it because I feel it blends with my skin too much. Pink, however, I love. As well as lavender and champagne.

Keep us posted. Such beautiful things being created!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I prefer single colour strands as I prefer to wear multi-colour shirts and tops.

DK :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful choices! Thank you for sharing the photos with us!

I like the strand on the bust and I like the shape of the 3rd fireball from the left and the luster of the 4th fireball from the left.

Okay, looking again, I like the strand on the bust with the fireball 4th from the left.

Keep us posted!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fireball sizes are:
#1 19.2mm
#2 20.4mm
#3 16.8mm
#4 14.3mm

What's a good size to be enough but not too much?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice|1397519623|3653472 said:
Fireball sizes are:
#1 19.2mm
#2 20.4mm
#3 16.8mm
#4 14.3mm

The pearls you have been given to choose from are all lovely! If it were me, I would leave the final choice up to Hisano. She is such a talented artist. If there is one that makes your heart sing or one/some you really don't like let her know that too. Good luck deciding! I hope you will share your finished piece with us!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LitGeek|1397520969|3653480 said:
bright ice|1397519623|3653472 said:
Fireball sizes are:
#1 19.2mm
#2 20.4mm
#3 16.8mm
#4 14.3mm

The pearls you have been given to choose from are all lovely! If it were me, I would leave the final choice up to Hisano. She is such a talented artist. If there is one that makes your heart sing or one/some you really don't like let her know that too. Good luck deciding! I hope you will share your finished piece with us!

Thank you! I appreciate any input.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
For fireball size comparisons (and I consider both of these fireballs to be quite large):

Left at greatest length and width is 40 mm x 25 mm.

Right at greatest length and width is 35 mm x 25 mm.

I also have a smaller white fireball pendant.

pp_fireballs__2013_and_2014__2.jpg

pp_2014_fireball_with_blue_top_0.jpg

pp_fire_goddess_pendant_0.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
My fireball is 29.5mm long- not sure of width. Based on the PP photos- you should either pick the strand color you like best OR the fireball you like best. To me, the lighter strand looks better with the first 2 fireballs, the darker strand with 3 and 4-just based on pics-always good to ask Hisano's advice. As pretty as the 4th fireball is- I think it's too small. Are you trying to match this with an outfit or just to have a pretty piece of jewelry?

eta- ok- just re read your post. I agree with your choices. I think my favorite is the darker strand with number 3.

I don't know if this fireball is still available, or if it will work with the strand on the bust (I think it might), but it was an option that Hisano sent to me. It was too vibrant for what I wanted for my dress, but I think it's really pretty!! B- the second from left

_16957.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1397524626|3653505 said:
My fireball is 29.5mm long- not sure of width. Based on the PP photos- you should either pick the strand color you like best OR the fireball you like best. To me, the lighter strand looks better with the first 2 fireballs, the darker strand with 3 and 4-just based on pics-always good to ask Hisano's advice. As pretty as the 4th fireball is- I think it's too small. Are you trying to match this with an outfit or just to have a pretty piece of jewelry?

eta- ok- just re read your post. I agree with your choices. I think my favorite is the darker strand with number 3.

I don't know if this fireball is still available, or if it will work with the strand on the bust (I think it might), but it was an option that Hisano sent to me. It was too vibrant for what I wanted for my dress, but I think it's really pretty!! B- the second from left

I agree with all that you have said. I don't have my dress yet but hope whatever I get, it will work well with my choice. I basically want a pretty piece.
B is very pretty and should work with the darker of the 2 choices. I'll see if it's still available but let Hisano give me her recommendation.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also thinking I might need a small pearl to suspend the fireball with.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1397526055|3653517 said:
I'm also thinking I might need a small pearl to suspend the fireball with.

Hisano can match a metallic pearl to suspend the fireball if needed.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's a beautiful dress. I recommend some very simple pearls to go with. you don't want fancy with fancy. Simple strand of natural colours, rounds, quite small..and studs. Or a single fabulous natural colour peachy drop pendant on a chain..again, small,with matching drop earrings.
And yes, this is me saying small!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress! I would say maybe some ivory/cream souffle drop earrings and a matching bracelet? The neckline design is gorgeous on it's own and would frame your face beautifully (imho).

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Your new creation is breathtaking! I'm sure you'll get mugged by all the pearl lovers at the upcoming ruckus! Better make sure it's in your luggage when you leave (lol)!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress! I wouldn't wear a necklace with it though, It's busy and the pearls would ruin the flow and design of the neckline. Beautiful dangle earrings and a bracelet would be a great compliment to it though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results