shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for birthday watch...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a watch, it has to be yg color, diamonds, medium priced ; ie not michael kors low ( have lots of those) , not rolex Cartier high. I saw a beautiful movado bold with diamond bezel. I also love the Michele watches ith diamonds. Someone told me the movado was more high end even though it was less than the Michele. So $1000-$2000.
Any suggestions with links to pictures?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I have a Michele and am happy with it. They have quite a few options in YG with diamonds. These are wildly popular right now and built like a tank. I get compliments on mine all the time.
I also have a Movado. Loved it for years but never wear it anymore. It stopped running and even with a battery change it didn't work.

How about a Frederique Constant : http://2014.frederique-constant.com/watch-finder/ladys-watches/slimline-moonphase-fc-206mpwd1s5b/

I bought one in December & the brand is watch snob approved on the watch forums. DF has recommended it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Might this be the Michele watch that's caught your eye?
http://www.michele.com/en_US/shop/w..._gold_pavé_diamond_dial-MWW06T000086.html?BC=

If so, there are a couple of reasons that it's priced higher than the Movado Bold with diamond bezel: this Michele is plated in 18K YG (not all Micheles are) & has 1+ tcw diamonds whereas the Movado has either .226 tcw (25 mm diameter case) or .378 tcw (36 mm) & all Movado tells you about the plating on the stainless steel case and bracelet of either model is that it's "ion-plated yellow gold." But FWIW I have seen more complaints on 'net forums about diamonds falling out of the Diamond Deco than with the Movado Bold.

I know the Movado Bolds are made in China, have a Swiss-manufactured Ronda quartz movement of some sort. Michele's Diamond Deco may also be coming out of China 'cause both the dial and the case of current models simply say Swiss Movement; haven't been able to find any concrete info for you re the Diamond Deco movement itself.

In addition to wanting the diamonds,
* do you have a strong preference for a round case -- and one without numerals or hour markers?
* would you consider a 2-tone (stainless steel & yellow gold)?
* would you consider a pre-loved watch ?

P.S. Since you are interested in either the Bold or the Diamond Deco, you might wish to check out the availability & pricing at a Movado company store & a Fossil outlet store or Watch Station (for the Michele -- Michele is part of the Fossil corporate family & I've noticed that Watch Station sometimes has good deals on Michele watches):
http://www.movadogroup.com/movadocompanystorelocations/
http://www.watchstation.com/

I had a very positive experience with the Movado store at The Crossing Premium Outlet in PA. Although they didn't have the particular Ebel watch I was looking for, they volunteered to call it in from another store -- and offered me an additional discount for the "inconvenience of making you wait until next weekend."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Movado's, sadly the ones I really liked did not suit me, being bangle type watches and too small for my chunky wrist. :((

Good luck with your search, OP.

DK :))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the replies! Who knew fossil owned Michele! I know fossil just bought skagen. Sending these on to hubby, he is buying the gift. Anyone heard of Joe Rodeo ( found them googling)? Prices seem to good to be true, but who knows?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long will a gold plated watch last?.. :read: b/c when the plating starts to come off it will not look pretty.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1397521267|3653482 said:
How long will a gold plated watch last?.. :read: b/c when the plating starts to come off it will not look pretty.
That's why I asked AprilBaby if she were amenable to a 2-tone watch. That way, she could have solid 18K yellow gold as the secondary metal -- like, e.g., the Omega diamond Constellations missy linked.

Since it seems, AB, that you'd now like a watch that's a step up from a fashion accessory, I don't think the Joe Rodeos deserve consideration. Maybe the high end of the product line is better, but the photos I saw of the lower-priced merchandise suggest the workmanship is pretty shoddy & the yellow plating looks brassy, even in pics that haven't been obviously pumped up.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1397517797|3653458 said:
http://www.movado.com/movado-collections/petite-watches/movado-bold-3600215.html

How about something like this Movado? They are so sleek - I think they are very attractive!

Exactly the watch I am considering!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The problem I am having with my lovely Michael Kors!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1397525071|3653507 said:
That's why I asked AprilBaby if she were amenable to a 2-tone watch. That way, she could have solid 18K yellow gold as the secondary metal -- like, e.g., the Omega diamond Constellations missy linked.

Since it seems, AB, that you'd now like a watch that's a step up from a fashion accessory, I don't think the Joe Rodeos deserve consideration. Maybe the high end of the product line is better, but the photos I saw of the lower-priced merchandise suggest the workmanship is pretty shoddy & the yellow plating looks brassy, even in pics that haven't been obviously pumped up.

The problem with two tone is that I am very acidy and the white metal(?) gets pitted from my skin. The yellow does not for some reason. I will consider it. Having a leather band usually solves that problem.
I am still loving the above Movado and the Michelle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results