shape
carat
color
clarity

Bay Area ceremony locations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I''m new to this forum. I just got engaged and myself moved from the RockyTalky forum to this one=)
I did a lot of research on the ring buying process but have no idea how to start planning for a wedding!
I''ve just been told I need to book about a yr ahead of time:razz:
Does anyone know some good outdoor ceremony locations in the SF Bay Area? Preferrably one that does not require you to have the dinner reception there. I want to keep that option open. I want to have the wedding sometime next May.
Is it too early to reserve?

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Hi Carebear...I don''t know anything about the SF area, I live in wash dc, but i just wanted to tell you that it''s NEVER too early to book a location. Especially in largely populated, metropolitan areas. I am getting married may 28, 2006 and i started looking at locations as soon as I got engaged, about two months ago...and some of the places that i looked were already booked! These days, a lot of places will book up to two years in advance. Most places will also do a "tentative contract" for you while you are still looking around. Basically, if you see something that you think you really like, but you still want to search around a little and make sure that its THE one, they will place a hold on the space for a certain amount of time, depending on the place, and you will have right of refusal if anyone tries to book it. Again, don''t know much about SF, but I actually found out a lot of info about dc sites just by searching around the internet (typing into google) and then calling the places that I found and visiting the ones that sounded good. Good luck!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey - a lot of stuff in the Bay Area will depend on budget, speaking as someone who also just got engaged here and is starting to plan. The best place to start looking for locations is www.herecomestheguide.com - they have really good listings for a lot of sites at a variety of price points. I think every location is different in terms of how early you book, but I say its never too early to start looking. Good luck and let us know if you find any really good places that aren''t listed on obvious websites
2.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I live in San Francisco and I am getting married in August. We looked everywhere for a place to have our reception. You probably won''t find any thing for less than $1000. We are now having our reception in our friends garden in the Mission district.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
CareBear- welcome to ps/bride world wide!
There''s a few locations through the Golden Gate park system. This link should get you started. I think it''s about $500 to rent the space. Depends how many pp lyou have, then they require some extras, like a person to oversee, port-a-potties, etc..
shakespeare garden in gg park is beautiful if you can fit there!

Also, there is the lawn outside of the Legion of Honor. The annoying thing about this location is they won''t let you reserve it in advance (except a month, ahead, or something ridiculous.) however, it has a fab view of gg bridge. lots of ppl take their pics there. but I have seen a few weddings there. link here for some info.

I didn''t do much research on outdoor weddings, but off the top of my head those are the ones that are definitely not attached to a reception site.

hope that helps! and keep us updated on your search...

you might also want to sign up for theknot.com msg boards and post a msg on the nor cal board, they''re quite helpful there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results