Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Mens Ring Eyecandy Folder

D&T|1383924049|3552753 said:
mwilliamanderson|1379009239|3519539 said:
Hi D&T,
Thanks for starting this thread! It's very inspirational. I love John Pollard's ring...do you know who made it?

Hi There, I'm so sorry I just so happen to come upon this, and usually don't frequent PS anymore, but I believe John Pollard is/was/maybe still with Whiteflash, so I would check with them or check in with him there- I hope that helps :))

John Pollard is no longer with Whiteflash.
Last I heard he is at Crafted by Infinity.

craighnt

Shiny_Rock

Well this is not my ring, but I wish it was! Please Santa, Please....oh wait I am too old. The worst part about getting older is there are no more surprises. At least not the good kind.

It's Platinum, Meteorite and Natural Sapphire. I think it won an award for best men's ring by one of the design competitions that happen every year. Very sort of space age, but very appropriate for the meteorite inlay and the unusual shape of the stone. If only my wallet was as big as that ring, its in the double digit price range. :nono:

costen-catablue1-365x349.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Here is my latest addition to the asscher solitaire- carre full eternity.

_13237.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Ace bruin - great ring! The colours work nicely!!!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I'm a guy who loves jewelry. I think as a man, people notice my jewelry a lot more than they would if it were on a woman's hand. Almost every day someone will grab my hand and look at what I'm wearing...often total strangers. It's flattering.

I'll attempt to post a few pictures.

The first is my color-change sapphire and white sapphire three-stone ring. It contains a Portuguese-pear cut Sapphire with checkerboard cut table. The center is 2.67 carats and color changes from a blue in natural light to a violet in fluorescent light (indoors people usually think it is an amethyst or a tanzanite). The side stones are 0.35 carat white, trillion cut sapphires. It's set in 18k white gold. The stones were all purchased from a local jeweler and the setting was purchased and customized to fit the odd-shaped pear.

Also in the photo is my diamond solitaire. Some might call it effeminate - but it gets an incredible amount of admiration from men and women. I'm guessing it draws more attention because men aren't typically wearing solitaires. It's a 0.77 carat K VVS2 with GIA EX, EX, EX and it is stunningly bright. It's set in a simple, pre-made, cathedral style setting.

img_20140201_152437880.jpg

img_20140201_153520568.jpg

img_20140201_160410250.jpg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

I'll post a couple more rings I wear. This ring has stones cut by a local lapidary, Tatyana Vyalkin. Her work is exquisite. She works with the finest materials and has stunning finished gems. I custom designed the ring and had it made by a local goldsmith. It's set in a really coppery rose gold. It contains a 6.3mm blue zircon (round zircon cut), and a spectacular brown tourmaline. It is one of the brightest brown stones I've ever seen. It's a 7mm, Portuguese-round cut brown tourmaline.

img_20140119_0.jpg

img_20140119_1.jpg

img_20140119_164553996_hdr__2_0.jpg

img_20140119_164615265_hdr.jpg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

I'll share one more custom designed ring for now. I've also got a great Columbian emerald ring, and some I'm designing with different stones (Rhodolite garnet, emerald, orange zircon, green tourmaline).

This last ring I also custom designed and it just got back from the goldsmith. This one also has stones cut by Tatyana Vyalkin...again her work is just spectacular. It's a 3 stone ring with an 18k white gold shank and 18k yellow gold trellis/prongs. The center stone is a 4.3 carat brown zircon in an elongated antique-cushion cut. It's a stunning stone that disperses light like a brown diamond. The side stones are 0.9 carat Mali garnets in oval cuts. They are beautiful true yellows - not green or brown.

img_20140119_163220984_hdr.jpg

img_20140201_152030227.jpg

img_20140201_160602797.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MLAnthony - I don't pop over to this thread often, but I'm glad I did today. Thanks for sharing your rings with us. I especially like the way you set the pear-shaped color-change sapphire. That's just downright classy!

craighnt

Shiny_Rock

musicloveranthony|1391298108|3606016 said:
Also in the photo is my diamond solitaire. Some might call it effeminate - but it gets an incredible amount of admiration from men and women. I'm guessing it draws more attention because men aren't typically wearing solitaires. It's a 0.77 carat K VVS2 with GIA EX, EX, EX and it is stunningly bright. It's set in a simple, pre-made, cathedral style setting.

Being a guy, I also struggled with a diamond ring being too effeminate. They are not, men have worn diamonds since the Roman times, but what seems to be the key factor is the setting, not the number of diamonds. What I have come to the conclusion is modern culture has set visual cues we live by. As with all rules they can be broken but often hard to pull off. For example, women are free in this society to wear a dress or pants without persecution or odd looks. Men on the other hand wearing a dress is either a drag queen, transgender or doing something to be funny. But what about kilts? Ah there is the rub, the rule is broken but only in very specific ways only acceptable in very specific cultural setting. And yes I know they are not technically a dress but close enough.

So for men's diamond or stone rings the general rules are thicker bands, wide bands, stones set flush, almost flush, in bezels, or tension. Setting that look more architectural, mechanical or rugged always work. A lot of clean modern wide settings with small diamonds seem to be the trend but I have seen very ornate and large solitary settings as well.

That being said, anything up why high on prongs or cathedral style on very thin bands will NOT come across as visually masculine. But it's your life, do what makes you happy.

craighnt

Shiny_Rock

I know someone that got this for her husband. It's not expensive, but its very cool for a guys ring, the only one I have ever seen where the gears really work! I would not do this for a wedding ring, but for a fun men's fashion its cool, I will be getting one soon I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI2N6fsPjjg

gear-ring-2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for posting your rings craighnt! My husband wears a diamond ring as well and his is a flat tension as you mentioned. You are right about the culture aspect, he wouldn't wear any other style of ring.

tcbenham

Rough_Rock

some of my favorite bling.

sold to me as vvs .66 emerald cut. i am still trying to loupe this 1 to ascertain if the corners are actually cut lol.

SI2 g .35 marquise ring which sits high in a semi-bezel?
this is my favorite diamond shape, so i pretty much wear what i want.

14 kt white and yellow gold bracelet
diamonds are not the best quality but i love this and wear it every day.

_15833.jpg

img_20131115_090658.jpg

img_20140312_164530__2_.jpg

_t2ec16f__zqe9s3sqjjfbrybgopeyq__60_0.jpg

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

Just some images that I have collected of rings that I like. . . . have been working on the design of my own ring and these have served as inspiration. . .

3_stone_ring.jpg

__26.jpg

16321409_2_0.jpg

deco_diamond_0.jpg

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

Here's one more. . . hard to find such nicely designed settings for men in vintage jewelry. . .

25031681_9_x.jpg

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

Retro ring with my OEC that awaits setting.

_16911.jpg

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

Greetings,
This is my new ring design that will go in to fabrication soon!

_17423.jpg

joe87865

Rough_Rock

I need to find a mens diamond wedding band for myself within the next month or so.

where are some good websites to check out, budget is under $2000 and I need 18k yellow gold

I bought my e-ring for fiance from james allen but their selection for mens bands are very low.

thanks in advance everyone

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

try:
www.boonerings.com

there may be others, but that is all that i know at this point.

google mens diamond rings. when you have found what you want...get it custom made?

theren

Rough_Rock

Here is my husband's custom made Damascus ring

tmp_img_400366592821291300003430.jpeg

tmp_img_400289533153981377034565.jpeg

joe87865

Rough_Rock

gregchang35|1400327126|3674788 said:
try:
www.boonerings.com

there may be others, but that is all that i know at this point.

google mens diamond rings. when you have found what you want...get it custom made?

Thanks, I already checked out boone rings in the past and according to the website, it seems he only deals with titanium rings. I am looking for 18k yellow gold with diamond.

I will check out the custom made route as well

MT7799

Rough_Rock

Im getting my custom ring made at Eternity by Yoni. Had the fiancees ER ring made there and now doing are wedding bands there. He is very reasonably priced and does good work.

tnt10

Rough_Rock

Just approved the final wax mock-up for my diamond ring. Am promised to have it in hand, (on finger!), by June 16th. After more than a month and several wax renderings, am very anxious to have the final product. Will post pics when I can, hopefully soon.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Here are some of my husband's custom handmade rings:

The first is a blue spinel from Roger Dery.

The second is a colour change garnet from Gene.

Third is a two tone white/yellow gold with 2 x .10 round diamonds.

The last one is a 3 piece ring with 3 x .12 princess cut diamonds.

And, a very dodgy manicure in much need of repolishing!

man_ring_collection.jpg

tnt10

Rough_Rock

Finally, finally got my new ring yesterday! Below are some pics, and please bear with me, I'm a newbie at shooting these.....
Ring Stats:
Center Stone: Round Brilliant
2.75 ct
J SI2
Triple Ex
H & A
Men's Custom Design White Gold Setting
Ring Size 12 1/4
(Hope I did all this right....)

good_ring_pics_2014-06-11_002.jpg

good_ring_pics_2014-06-11_021.jpg

good_ring_pics_2014-06-11_003.jpg

good_ring_pics_2014-06-11_004.jpg

tnt10

Rough_Rock

Almost forgot the obligatory hand shot:

Thanks,
tnt

good_ring_pics_2014-06-11_041.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

NIce work!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a serious rock!

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock

Firstly let me say how amazed I am with the array of rings on show in this thread :appl: I have long considered having a personal piece made without ever having much idea want I really want. This was a ring I bought last year, sadly it didn't fit and due to the style a resize was not possible. I soooooooo wish I hadn't sold it :angryfire: It was 22k yellow gold with a hammered finish, the aquamarine was a lovely colour IMO it reminded me of a rockpool. sorry but I cant remember the exact details as I have deleted all but 2 pictures of it, the stone was about 4ct. The ring was totally devoid of any hallmarks/ makers marks, it reminded me of old ancient greek/roman rings. Maybe it was :(( Due to its style I have decided to go with this design, maybe in platinum with a hammered finish instead :twirl:

img_4860.jpg

img_4861.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results