shape
carat
color
clarity

We found my engagement diamond :)

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
Possibly! :bigsmile:

I see you understand the color situation I was referring to, it kind of reminds me of an Easter basket full of candy or something! :lol:

It's possible that you've already made your decision. ;-)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love his setting work! :) I think the lemonade pink/yellow would be too bright for me on an e-ring but his work is excellent. I am considering him to set the old cushion for me, but using rose gold and lower colored diamonds in the halo.

A funny story- I called him (DbL) a few days ago when I was looking at settings and inquired and he said he would not work with outside diamonds, but I could buy one from him if it was not too late. I then stubbornly said I was working with Wink and he said Ohhh Wink, nah, you should stay with him! He's a great guy and a great friend, and to have Wink give him a call :) I left with a respect for both of them...Wink and not sure who I talked to at Diamonds by Lauren. That was a top drawer response. Nice to know that I may still be able to have Wink get the setting from DbL if that's where I settle. Softer pink halo in rose gold would probably not be that bright. I prefer the middle diamond to have the most impact.

CymoneD|1397244396|3651919 said:
Possibly! :bigsmile:

I see you understand the color situation I was referring to, it kind of reminds me of an Easter basket full of candy or something! :lol:

It's possible that you've already made your decision. ;-)

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
That was very sweet of him to say ::) !

I completely agree with lighter pinks, I can't wait to see what you ultimately come out with!!

I am designing my E-Ring as well, with some input from my love but mostly me lurking PS and Google and the Gem Shopping network lol

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
moneymeister|1397251153|3652006 said:
I absolutely love his setting work! :) I think the lemonade pink/yellow would be too bright for me on an e-ring but his work is excellent. I am considering him to set the old cushion for me, but using rose gold and lower colored diamonds in the halo.

A funny story- I called him (DbL) a few days ago when I was looking at settings and inquired and he said he would not work with outside diamonds, but I could buy one from him if it was not too late. I then stubbornly said I was working with Wink and he said Ohhh Wink, nah, you should stay with him! He's a great guy and a great friend, and to have Wink give him a call :) I left with a respect for both of them...Wink and not sure who I talked to at Diamonds by Lauren. That was a top drawer response. <Snip>

Thank you for sharing that story. I called to thank him, and that was David himself that you were talking with. Rumor has it that he is a pretty good guy his own self.

Wink

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
CymoneD...and where is your thread??? You have been so helpful to me, I would love to follow along with you. Hope I have not missed it! It is so much fun to dream about and plan the ring. I am so happy that my S/o is happy to let me have this experience.

Happy beginnings give my e-ring good Karma :) Thanks Mr. Wink...and David if he passes through and sees this.

I saw this at DbL...and I think the diamonds are a light pink and this would have the right color effect. The light pink diamonds blend into the rose gold but also hold their own and do not disappear. It's subtle. The main diamond is a G color, but the whole ring looks warm and rich. Something close to this is where I would love to end up...but of course, with that plain shank I adore. LOL.

r5612-halo-ring-diamond-colorless-f.jpg

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
No you haven't missed it!!! :)

Now, I must say I don't typically like bezel set rings but WOW! That one is AMAZING!!!
That's the kind of pink I was imagining also, it gives the center stone room to shine but they still add to the ring in a beautiful way.
:love: :love:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I showed this to my other half last night. He like the colors very well but prefers a prong setting and a smaller halo...That's easily done. I think this is it though, the basic colors.

CymoneD

Shiny_Rock
It also sort of looks like there's alternating whites and pinks in the halo?

:appl: :love: It's going to be gorg!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I noticed the color difference too, but I think it is all pink, but not a tight match. Well, now I know what I want and will let Wink (Melissa) set it for me. STAY TUNED. It will be a couple of months yet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results