shape
carat
color
clarity

Best I can get - No ASET and no Ideal-scope

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I please get your thoughts on these photos? The stone is an H SI1 and I'm assured is eye clean. It's a GIA cert and stats are as follows:

Table - 56
Depth - 62
Crown angle - 34.5
Pavilion angle - 40.8
Girdle - medium to slightly thick
Culet - none
Fluorescence - strong

ETA - GIA triple ex.

Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

diamond_1_aa.jpg

diamond_2_aa.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Numbers look good. Is it eye clean?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been assured that it is, but the photos above are the best I can get. This is an online company that doesn't normally do photos, and I had to push to get these two.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If their return policy is good, you might want to get it in for a look.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Be sure to ask if there are any negative effects from the fluorescence.

Worth asking, just in case it is one of those VERY rare situations where the stone is milky/hazy!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, there's no 'getting it in'. I'd have to buy it to see it. So I'm trying to get as many opinions on the pictures I have as possible.

It's stats are great, but I don't think the arrows line up all that well, but I wonder if I'm being too picky.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockyRacoon|1397185103|3651574 said:
Be sure to ask if there are any negative effects from the fluorescence.

Worth asking, just in case it is one of those VERY rare situations where the stone is milky/hazy!

Yes, I checked this with them and they said no il-effects from fluoro.

I really need input on the faceting, to the extent it can be seen in these two photos.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone give me an opinion on these photos pls?

Just_Starting

Shiny_Rock
I agree the numbers look good, but if you have to buy it without being able to actually see it and able to definitely return if you don't like it, I wouldn't do it. I am only a novice here but I have seen much more experienced people that have said the numbers can all be fantastic but when you actually see the diamond it can look rubbish. That's why you should always see the diamond yourself. I too was looking at buying from a site the exact same situation as you, but since the stone isn't theirs they say I'd have to buy/commit without being able to return, I'm not prepared to take the risk, so I won't suggest you do. Regarding the images sorry you'll have to wait for someone else to comment on them. Good luck whatever your decision :).

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The magnified photo is well-executed but shows no light-return information. The hearts image is a plus, but it shows that this is not in any way a top H&A diamond. Based on the available info (averaged numbers and images) it’s likely a strong performer, but it’s not in the very top echelon of cut-quality if that matters to you.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, fwiw, this is the type of stone I imagine myself getting into, something with great stats, under 2 HCA, GIA XXX but not necessarily the top, top echelon of cut quality because those are at a premium price that I'm not so certain I can see to appreciate (I'd rather go up slightly in color or clarity, but my min. is i/j and Si2). Do you have enough info to calc the AGA cut class too? If there's more experienced posters who could share their experience regarding this, I would be so interested (not to hijack your thread). There is mind clean thing so it's your decision but I wouldn't if you couldn't get your full money back. If you can, then I think it's worth pursuing with the option of backing out.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Diamond_Hawk, and that was my read on it also. I think it would probably be a very pretty stone, without being absolutely top shelf. It's a 3.42ct stone and it's for sale for a great price. The return policy from the vendor is good and solid, so sending it back isn't a problem if I decide I dont want it. The thing is, my current stone is a beautifully cut 2.15ct stone which is a dead-on h&a cut with maximum light return, and I'm wondering if I'd see the difference. The obvious thing to do is to buy it and send it back if it's not all I hope it is.

The main problem is, though, I'm very good at the buying part. And utter crap at the 'sending back' part! I don't want to sell myself short on this and end up with something that isn't all I hope it might be, but which I haven't got the willpower to return! On the other hand, I *do* want to take advantage of the low price. So I'm a bit torn and was thinking that some read on the photos from somebody in the know might clarify the issue a little.

So thank you for your expert opinion! :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those numbers are about as safe as you can get! I do not think you would be able to see a difference between this stone and a H&A. I really don't. This diamond is cut better than probably 98% of stones out there for sale.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm, so intriguing....if you do find your upgrade, will you sell your current 2.15 ct? That's on my radar :lol: Just another random thought :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results