shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to go in NYC?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have work commitments that will bring me to New York in mid-May for 9 days, and wanted to see if there were any CS hotspots that I should hit up while I'm in town. I've visited NYC many times before but never really looked at jewelry there before (besides window shopping at Tiffany's). I'll be staying in midtown near Grand Central and the UN but happy to travel further afield (and I have a whole weekend in the middle of the trip, too). Apart from CS, I was toying with the idea of going out to see GOG to look at some AVRs or other vintage cut diamonds but eh, there's no way I could bring myself to spend that much money on bling and I don't want to expose myself to temptation. :rodent: :rodent:

I'm kinda bummed to miss the JAR exhibit at the Met, but does anyone know if there are any other good exhibits or events going on in the area? (Not necessarily looking to buy, just to browse and look around.) Typically I only see native/ poorly cut CS in my home town, so I would love to be able to see more precision cuts in person and not just have to rely on Internet photos. :D

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
someone posted relatively recently that the CS collection at graff is awesome ...

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1396960533|3649638 said:
I think Africagems is in NYC but by appointment only?
There's also Paraiba International by appointment only. http://www.paraibainternational.com/contact.php
Diamonds by Lauren http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/contact/

This is potentially bad for my wallet! My goodness, I'll have to check out DBL when I'm in town. :D

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/faint-brown-diamond-ring-205ctw-k-faint-brown-round-brilliant-three-stone-diamond-ring-r4870
This is kinda outside my budget but wow. Something about this just speaks to me. Their yellow diamonds too look awesome. I am expanding my whole cushion stone search, maybe to a warmer diamond or yellow FCD. I saw they had a blue sapphire cushion listed but not too sure about the color/cut from the photos.. Maybe I'll see what they have in May when I visit.

I can always trust you knowledgeable and lovely PS ers to help me spend my money, lol! :) :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1396965090|3649679 said:
I can always trust you knowledgeable and lovely PS ers to help me spend my money, lol! :) :)

That's our CS PS motto; you provide the funds, we spend it for you. :tongue:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1396965504|3649686 said:
mochiko42|1396965090|3649679 said:

That's our CS PS motto; you provide the funds, we spend it for you. :tongue:

Heheh, I've only been married a month, guess my hubby can't get mad at me yet!! (just kidding, of course)

although this one below would make me want to tempt his good mood! The cut and the color makes me weak at the knees.... :rodent:

.88ct Y-Z IF Cushion Cut Diamond... though I'm still trying to figure out the degree of difference between a Y-Z and a fancy light yellow. Guess I'll have to see them side by side in person =)
flawless-cushion-diamond-b_0.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1396969286|3649726 said:
If you have a couple of hours and want to hit a museum, the American Museum of Natural History has a pretty cool collection of gemstones and minerals, including the 563ct Star of India blue star sapphire (largest in the world) and the 632ct uncut Patricia Emerald crystal in the Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems - http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent-exhibitions/earth-and-planetary-sciences-halls - highly recommend!

Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't visited the AMNH before. will be sure to add it to my list, if only to see the Star of India. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results