shape
carat
color
clarity

Guy seeking Honest Opinions of Oval Halo E-ring

TheCrowFlysStraight

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for honest opinions on the e-ring pictured below. She keeps going back and forth between Emerald and Oval so I made an executive decision on an oval (which she has been a fan of longer than emerald). I'm hoping I made the right choice...So opinions are welcome; Size, Value, Beauty, wow factor etc...

"Custom" Oval Halo
Center Stone: 1.5ct, H, VS1, "Excellent Cut"(If there is such a thing)
Setting: Size 5.5, Halo Pave, 0.5ct using 1.5mm G VS1 diamonds
Price Paid: Her love is Priceless. (JK - b/w $11,700-$12,400 incl Taxes)

28tuph2.jpg

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
It looks sensational! Well done, I'm sire she is going to love it

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and I'm sure she will, too! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love it, it's gorgeous! She'll be blown away!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! Love an oval halo!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - nice job. It's a stunner. :)

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely lovely. I'd be happy to receive that ring!

jdamian123

Rough_Rock
You got it at a fantastic price, good work!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too could not decide between an oval and emerald cut. I finally let the stone speak for itself and, within my parameters of the 5 Cs (cost being the fifth) chose an oval. I have never regretted the decision-26 years. I am way more happy with the oval's sparkle factor for an ER. I have since acquired two emerald cuts for a RHR. Your GF will love the ring and that you made the decision for her with a beautiful stone. Congrats

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful. Elegant and lovely. :love: Please come back with hand shots and congratulations!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yes Yes yes it is magnificent

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous and looks huge! :love: Please come back with handshots. I am sure she will love it :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I love ovals!

PS are you an SOA fan?

I love it! Very well done. Looks big and great price. I know she's going to love it

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! Great choice :appl:

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring!!! Handshots please!!!

TheCrowFlysStraight

Rough_Rock
redwood66|1396919106|3649388 said:
It is beautiful! I love ovals!

PS are you an SOA fan?

If you ain't a fan of sons, you ain't a friend of mine. Just kidding, but yes I do enjoy the show. For some reason that partial lyric came to mind when trying to come up with a login that nobody could trace to me. I'm shooting for a full surprise proposal. Although, I gotta feeling she knows it's coming and is hoping it's coming.

Thanks y'all for all the compliments on the ring and boosting my confidence in my selection PSers. I'll be sure to post some hand shots after it goes down....In like 2 months. Hopefully it looks better on her ring finger than half way down my pinky.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it. But if you aren't certain if she will prefer emerald over oval, maybe you should propose sooner, within the diamond exchange or refund period.

DC519

Rough_Rock
Yes, propose within exchange/refund period JUST IN CASE, HOWEVER, I doubt that will happen. That ring is stunning!

Also, ovals look much larger than their carat weight, so a 1.5 EC will look much smaller than a 1.5 ct oval, once she gets that oval on her hand and gets used to that finger coverage, I doubt she will want to switch it out.

Plus, that ring is SO PRETTY!

Also, an EC right hand ring for an anniversary, or small EC earrings for an anniversary will giver her something to look forward too if she's still bent on EC but doesn't want to switch her e-ring. Way to go and congrats! Please do come back post proposal with hand shots! :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! What a beAutiful ring. The soft and roundish forms of an oval are so feminine and pretty :love:

DC519

Rough_Rock
Also, can you share where the setting is from?

Amsmit09

Rough_Rock
It's stunning. I think Oval was a good choice! Oval is very in right now and will always be timeless.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm biased, but I love it! Timeless and classic and a lot of bang for your buck!! Please come back with handshots!

OECrystal

Shiny_Rock
I am not usually a big fan of halos, but I like this one a lot! Good job!

TheCrowFlysStraight

Rough_Rock
DC519|1396978846|3649829 said:
Also, can you share where the setting is from?

I will provide that answer once I Propose. Giving the name will give away the City I'm in, which may in turn give the future fiancé a clue its coming. And yes, I do realize that is a stretch. But I can tell you this: I sourced the diamond and the setting from the same place. The diamond was $9,900 and I saw it in person(SEVERAL times) which was a lot more comfortable to me than purchasing online and the price was great. The setting was...wait for it....$1,250. I'm really impressed with the quality of the ring for the price.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your prices are good. Can't wait to see it on her hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results