shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find one of these rings?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone seen a ring like this? The budget is tight but we dont care if the sapphire is questionable. Im having trouble searching as the characteristics are vague and i dont know the exact terms to Google.

__4.jpg

il_114.jpg

il_115.jpg

il_116.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel said:
Has anyone seen a ring like this? The budget is tight but we dont care if the sapphire is questionable. Im having trouble searching as the characteristics are vague and i dont know the exact terms to Google.

I've seen a lot of those on Rubylane, usually under a nondescript description like "deco sapphire ring" or more rarely "edwardian sapphire ring." I'd suggest trying those with the stone shape in every permutation to see what comes up ....

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
You also might try searching using the term "sapphire plaque ring" or even "sapphire plaque cluster ring" and find some. That type of flat top can be called that sometimes, especially when set delicately like that. If you also throw in 'cluster' you'll cover all the bases. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's a pretty one from RL ... more cluster than plaque (thanks, GemmyBlonde! that term is new to me, too), but fairly affordable ....

$400 http://www.rubylane.com/item/633293-BlWhSapRng1205C/Blue-White-Sapphire-9-K

Btw, Niel, you said budget was tight: how tight? I don't want to recommend things that aren't realistic.

$140 - this one is one of the more affordable ones I've seen, if, again, slightly different in setting style: http://www.rubylane.com/item/585482-C5-191/Vintage-10K-Gold-Sapphire-Childs

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you both ladies!
Budget is at best 400. Ideally three. I've found a few but the quality of the diamonds are just terrible.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1391647313|3608805 said:

It's too bad that they have such a terrible return policy, it could be worth a chance. I read this thread right before I went to a large UK antique's market earlier today and I have to say, I couldn't find anything like this! There were a few big ones for £450 + but no small ones except ones that were chipped. I've been looking for an emerald for a while with no luck!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Chumley! It's a bit more worn looking than I'd ideally like but I'll keep watch on that website.

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
No prob Rhea :)) I'll keep an eye out as well..

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interested to see this, as I bought an eternity ring on ebay last year which was described on ebay as
Antique ruby french cut. The lady wrote to me twice that it was not scratched and
I had never asked about the quality, I thought at the time she meant the metal which is
platinum. When I received it there is a bit of wear on the the channel set ring and
it has a flat bit from wearing next another ring. The rubies were not french cut as we see
on the board here but were like this stone you are showing maybe a bit deeper in the crown.
They were a lot darker than the photo taken in the sunlight. The ring looks well made
definitely old with bars across the back holding the stones and it is more rubover set
than channel.

However the rubies are totally covered in scratches or I think maybe inclusions, so I thought
not very good quality rubies. I think she has sold it before maybe and had a return
because of the quality of the stones and that was why she was going on about scratches.

I kept the ring as I liked it and the quality of the metal. Wonder if there are very old stones
or made in poor times with low quality rubies. My ring has no diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results