shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a good local jeweler/benchman in Oklahoma City

AZWildcat

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

It's been a LONG while since I've posted, and I've got a new project in the works. I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head and while I've had positive experiences working with several pricescope vendors, I would also like to see about finding a good quality local benchman for small custom work and repairs (one lost melee still costs over $100 for postage and insurance each time). I'm a transplant to the Oklahoma City area and I've asked around at the office and someone mentioned Higgin's Jewelers, but beyond that most people give me blank stares and suggest the mall (not gonna happen!! :rolleyes: ) Thought I'd check and see who fellow OKC pricescopers suggest. Thanks in advance :)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Looking for a good local jeweler/benchman in Oklahoma Ci

AZWildcat|1396934187|3649532 said:
Hi All,

It's been a LONG while since I've posted, and I've got a new project in the works. I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head and while I've had positive experiences working with several pricescope vendors, I would also like to see about finding a good quality local benchman for small custom work and repairs (one lost melee still costs over $100 for postage and insurance each time). I'm a transplant to the Oklahoma City area and I've asked around at the office and someone mentioned Higgin's Jewelers, but beyond that most people give me blank stares and suggest the mall (not gonna happen!! :rolleyes: ) Thought I'd check and see who fellow OKC pricescopers suggest. Thanks in advance :)

Two I would suggest, in my own order of preference. Naifeh's Fine Jewelry is top notch, the best in this town and probably a few others. High-end and excellent in-house designers - Valerie (the owner) and Jennifer. The piece in my avatar is from there. I've watched loads of excellent benchwork come Valerie's guys(who are not all guys I might add) and it is excellent. Check out her site. Her designs and the lines she carries are both impressive.

http://www.naifehfinejewelry.com/about-us
http://www.naifehdesign.com/emotions

The other place I've used is Mitchener Farrand Fine Jewelry. It's not far from Naifeh's and their repairs and simple fabrication has been very reasonable. I don't know how they are for design because I'm firmly wedded to Naifeh's.

I guess I WOULD be remiss if I did not mention B.C.Clark's. They are reputable and have been around FOREVER. Lot's of people swear by them, but not sure how they are for design, and honestly, for the true jewelry snob, and if you like seeing 3-5 carat diamonds on a regular basis, it's still Naifeh's. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results