Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it eye clean?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396722078|3647973 said:
Is it eye clean?

That is a concern to me as well since there are so many inclusions on the report. I was going to have the jeweler ask that very question before I have them bring it in for me to see.

ETA - that one big needle might show and then drive me crazy because I'd always see it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A VS should be eye clean.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1396722241|3647976 said:
Is it eye clean?

That is a concern to me as well since there are so many inclusions on the report. I was going to have the jeweler ask that very question before I have them bring it in for me to see.

ETA - that one big needle might show and then drive me crazy because I'd always see it.

that's how I am. I got a VS2 with only a little crystal & needle, but they were on the table. It was an eye-clean stone, but still that didn't work for me,
then I got another VS2 and could not even find the inclusions with a loupe.
What is your budget?
I found a beautiful ACA at Whiteflash - and others carry super-ideal as well, as you may already know.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396724886|3647990 said:
marcy|1396722241|3647976 said:
Is it eye clean?

that's how I am. I got a VS2 with only a little crystal & needle, but they were on the table. It was an eye-clean stone, but still that didn't work for me,
then I got another VS2 and could not even find the inclusions with a loupe.
What is your budget?
I found a beautiful ACA at Whiteflash - and others carry super-ideal as well, as you may already know.

That is me too. I have an EC RHR that I can see a needle in and it's the first thing my eye goes to when I wear that ring. My current ering is VS2 and I can't find the few inclusions it has with a loupe, my DH can find them but I can't.

I was looking between 10K to 15K and have been checking WF and BGD daily. The one and only reason I am giving this jeweler a shot is because I can trade in my current diamond for what I paid for it. It is a 1.03 G VS2 AGS0. If I buy online I can then trade my current diamond for a different EC diamond (and get rid of that pesky naked eye inclusion) and maybe get an oval diamond for a RHR. I know buying the diamond online will be cheaper but if I can trade in my current diamond it means less out of pocket money. WF has an ACA G VS2 1.22 for $11222 and this one at the jeweler is $14025. That is quite a bit of difference.

I just got a Tiffany scattered diamond band so naturally I decided I might want to upgrade my diamond. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1396724704|3647988 said:
A VS should be eye clean.

That is what I thought too. I actually printed out the little inclusion chart after making it about 7mm diameter. They would be very tiny inclusions at that size.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WF ACA is 1.233 VS2 and $11229 PS wire price.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1396726341|3648014 said:

I'm a big fan of ACA & other super ideals in terms of light performance.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396792767|3648339 said:
marcy|1396726341|3648014 said:

I'm a big fan of ACA & other super ideals in terms of light performance.

Agreed Jimmianne. I had a 1/2 ct AGS0 which I traded for a 3/4 ct GIA EX. I was back there trading the 3/4 in a few months later. It just wasn't the same. I got the one and only AGS0 1 ct they had and now want something slightly larger. This thread made me admit out loud to myself and my husband "if I am spending this kind of money I want to get the best" so IMO that is not the GIA stone I posted here. I wrote the jeweler and told him the same thing. I am sure his response will be full of all sorts of a sales pitch to try and get me to buy from him but a girl who wants a super ideal cut diamond isn't going to be happy with anything else. :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree, I think you should go with a different stone; get the best cut you can get and honestly I think the stone in question should have been assigned an SI1 grade. Trade-in is a good thing but perhaps you can sell your diamond, list it on PS or elsewhere and get the diamond you really love. I think that would be a better route to go or have your jeweler bring in something that meets your criteria but not this stone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1396803470|3648413 said:
I agree, I think you should go with a different stone; get the best cut you can get and honestly I think the stone in question should have been assigned an SI1 grade. Trade-in is a good thing but perhaps you can sell your diamond, list it on PS or elsewhere and get the diamond you really love. I think that would be a better route to go or have your jeweler bring in something that meets your criteria but not this stone.

I agree the stone I posted should have Si clarity. I don't plan on ever upgrading this diamond if I get a new one so I want this one to be exactly what I want. I honestly have no complaints about my current diamond I just thought I would look in to a larger size diamond with the same quality. I just had an email from the store where I bought it from and gave him my criteria and told him he has at least a month to look for something. I can afford to trade in with them anytime. If I buy outright somewhere I should probably wait a month. I can probably sell my diamond but if I buy a diamond from somewhere else I will probably trade my current diamond in at the orginal store for a killer emerald cut diamond. Something silly like a 1.5 ct D. :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1396818677|3648526 said:
OVincze|1396803470|3648413 said:

I agree the stone I posted should have Si clarity. I don't plan on ever upgrading this diamond if I get a new one so I want this one to be exactly what I want. I honestly have no complaints about my current diamond I just thought I would look in to a larger size diamond with the same quality. I just had an email from the store where I bought it from and gave him my criteria and told him he has at least a month to look for something. I can afford to trade in with them anytime. If I buy outright somewhere I should probably wait a month. I can probably sell my diamond but if I buy a diamond from somewhere else I will probably trade my current diamond in at the orginal store for a killer emerald cut diamond. Something silly like a 1.5 ct D. :appl:

It sounds as though you are going to have fun and end up with some kick-a stones :appl:
[I hope you'll post the progress for those of us now living vicariously until budgets are plumped up enough for the next round of diamond buying].

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1396878987|3648940 said:
It sounds as though you are going to have fun and end up with some kick-a stones :appl:
[I hope you'll post the progress for those of us now living vicariously until budgets are plumped up enough for the next round of diamond buying].
I hope to end up with some great stones! :appl:
I will keep you posted. I guess all of us on PS take turns living vicariously through everyone else's new pieces. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is exciting, Marcy! Good Luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1396923357|3649438 said:
That is exciting, Marcy! Good Luck!

Thanks Diamondseeker. I am going to really enjoy shopping for what I want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results