shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas on designing my ring and show me similar

Hi everyone,
I’m a long time lurker but new poster. I recently got engaged and have the opportunity to select/design my own ring.
I have ideas of what I want but have a few questions! I hope I have posted in the correct place and used all the right terms!!
Here is what I want:
White gold
A round blue sapphire in prongs (a darker blue likely a nice natural Australian sapphire) no bigger than 1.2 cts but unsure definitely what size, not fussed about heat treatment but don’t want other treatments.
A smooth diamond halo that is quite thin (but dimensions I’m not sure of?), with no air gap between sapphire and halo. I would prefer no or very little metal edge to the halo.
The shank to have three sided micropave diamonds like this
Except I want the pave to only go to approx 3 and 9 o’clock positions on the ring.

A cathedral setting like this
A fancy gallery similar to this but with all 6 arches to be micropave diamond and of equal size.

Budget is 4000 max which seems enough based on quotes so far.

I am in Australia (NSW, between Newcastle and Sydney) and I would like to get this made locally.
I imagine Australians are the minority here but can anyone recommend jewellers between North Sydney and Newcastle that would be good with this style- particularly pave/micropave and intricate galleries/baskets.
While I have had some jewellers tell me micropave can be done, others have said it is not ever done in Australia and those other jewellers are lying (??!!). I've also been told having that much pave will make the ring chunky and ugly.

Also, I was wondering if people could post pictures of their rings that sound similar to this? In particular- rings with an intricate gallery/basket. I'd also love to hear what other people think, and what size dimensions (halo vrs centre) would be good?

Thank you so much, I am sure I will come up with more questions too!!

etsy_rose_gold_ring_2.jpg

etsy_rose_gold_ring_1.jpg

blue_nile_halo_setting.jpg

blue_nile_cathedral.jpg

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
sorry.. im not from Australia so cant recommend you anyone. but, congrats on your engagement and i hope some one will help :)

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
those jewellers that say its not done in australia probably just arn't comfortable doing it themselves. make sure you see examples of their work before handing over your money. another aussie recommended a jeweller in sydney i will go back and have a look. have you thought about sourcing the sapphire yourself? you could post in the colored stones section for recommendations.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think your budget will be sufficient for a 3 sided pave halo ring. Just a simple CAD/cast 1 sided halo with diamonds down the shank is already $3K in the US. I think it is best to get a handforged setting if you want a 3 sided pave setting but that will easily run you $5K for the setting alone. The reason why I suggested handforged is that they are stronger than a CAD/cast when the design is more complex and has 3 sides (less metal and more diamonds means less structural strength but the process of "pulling" the metal in a handforged setting helps make the metal stronger than cast). A good bench can make such a ring without it looking chunky and ugly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results