shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommend a good key ring

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ran over my keys a while back (whoops, that was an expensive booboo) and my current keyring got a little mutilated in the process. It's sort of still holding it together but not for much longer. I am debating something like the Tiffany Valet keyring, assuming keys won't go missing randomly like my old valet style did to me (you had to be really delicate or a whole ring would just disappear!)

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=13200424&mcat=148212&cid=297640&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+297640-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+1600+4&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

I have to carry my car key fob, house keys (mine, my parents' and my sister's), as well as a ring of keys for my work, every damn door has it's own freakin' key here. So I am thinking sometihng like that might help to keep home and work on two rings. I usually keep my fob on a small ring that goes on my home ring just in case I need to take it off for the car dealership.

Suggestions? Obviously that Tiffany is pricey, but I want something that will last.

The other options I found that are nice:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/157508875/groomsmen-gift-leather-key-ring-chain I'd probably put a second ring on this.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306418209&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446652659&R=886138849793&P_name=Tod%27s&N=4294912299+306418209&bmUID=kkDExSV

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol, I've been using the same key ring for 36 years now!
simple ring with a leather swatch with my first name initial on it....given to me on my 30th bd by a then dear friend. I still think of her despite the leather having worn over time and the initial being harder to read.
I've carried a lot of keys on it and then gone minimalist....unfortunately, and again find the # of keys has gone up.
good luck with your search!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I know this one isn't very pretty, but it is really functional:

http://www.niteize.com/product/S-Biner-KeyRack.asp
(If that link doesn't take you to the right page, it's the S-Biner KeyRack that I'm trying to show you.)

DH and I switch cars regularly which means we switch keys a lot. Plus, I can easily warm up the car and take the house key off to lock up. Or stop and get the mail without having to turn the car off to get my mail key.

ETA- Here's another nice option that isn't as expensive as the T&C one you posted-

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/Product-resin_oval_turnlock_valet_key_chain-10551-10051-62192-en?cs=svbaj&catId=5000000000000318805&navCatId=7100000000000000643

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that Todd's one! I never considered actually having a keyring. My keys are just on the metal loop that they give you when you get new keys cut. It gets the job done, but having separate ones that attach together would be nice so that I can put my bicycle look keys on it. I've been carrying my keys without a proper keyring my whole life - makes it easy to put them in your pocket!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's a bad shot of my setup now. I have the work set on a separate ring from the house set. I have a jump drive and a mini flashlight and a key prop on there too.

My key fob for my car isn't attached bec my car is at the shop at the moment. Well unless the tornadoes relocated it...I have a leather coach tassel that is unraveled. Actually I've gone thru several that fell apart within a month... Coach replaced them but they kept dying from the middle! The big metal ring these are all attached to died when I ran over it lol. And I just noticed that crack in my flashlight so that died too...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1396630826.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
purplesparklies|1396647044|3647505 said:
I have had this one for a few years and absolutely love it. I clip it right onto my bag and my keys are always right there.

http://www.brighton.com/product/key-fobs/36956-16233/pebble-pebble-heart-valet-key-fob.html

Brighton has several options.
After having my purse stolen more than once (the most recent resulting in the loss of my wedding set as well!) I never EVER put my keys in or on my purse. I keep them in my pants pocket or coat pocket so that if my bag gets taken I have a way home! I also try to keep my cell on me as well.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
I got my fiance a Pickpocket for his birthday, but always end up stealing it when he's away for travel. It's brilliant! Lets you organize your keys so they aren't just one unsightly confusing mass, and if you wear them in your pants pocket it also eliminates key bulge since it clips on the the top of the pocket opening and keeps them from sliding all the way down. He has additional keys (work, parents) on little carabiners, so when I use it I just unclip the extra ones and leave only our house keys on.

Stole this photo from edcforums:

crop1_0.jpg

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
ame said:
purplesparklies|1396647044|3647505 said:
I have had this one for a few years and absolutely love it. I clip it right onto my bag and my keys are always right there.

http://www.brighton.com/product/key-fobs/36956-16233/pebble-pebble-heart-valet-key-fob.html

Brighton has several options.
After having my purse stolen more than once (the most recent resulting in the loss of my wedding set as well!) I never EVER put my keys in or on my purse. I keep them in my pants pocket or coat pocket so that if my bag gets taken I have a way home! I also try to keep my cell on me as well.

Oh man, that stinks. Sorry. :( I typically wear mine cross body and enjoy small town living. Don't even know anyone who has had their bag stolen. Good luck finding exactly what you are hoping for.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Woah, that's a lot of keys you have! I have a Tiffany key ring and I've had it since high school. I'm in my early 30's now, it's crazy I still have the same one! And it looks like Tiffany still carries it too, however they have 2 sizes and I'm not sure which one I have.

Wow, prices have gone up that's for sure. For some random reason I remember it was in the $65-75 range, I doubt my parents would have bought me an almost $200 key ring while in high school, lol!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=31852501&mcat=148212&cid=297640&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+297640-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+419+4&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

Not sure if it would work for you but I love mine and it sure has held up!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty fork than carry around that huge keyring. :bigsmile:

I go for minimal.

screen_shot_2014-04-05_at_12.png

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure if this is something you would use but you can buy something called a snap bolt or bolt snap, not sure which is correct. They are available in brass and are quite cheap. I recently went in search of one as I wanted to attach my keys to something easily. That could be purse, belt loop on jeans, etc.. Although my purses have inside key holders I was looking to be able to get to them without having to go into the purse. I located them in all sizes in both solid brass and nickle. I purchased a few as they were in the $3. range. They are available in single and double and various sizes. I know of no easy way to explain it so just google and pictures will easily let you see how they work, that is if you do not already know. The split rings containing the keys and or fobs easily attach just by sliding the snap bolt open. I am having my cobbler make a couple leather strips that snap to be able to attach the single snap bolt to whatever I wish. He had a good variety of leathers to chose from. The finer thinner leather he will double and stitch. I am assuming that will also be a cheap fix as when I asked the cost he replied not much. As it worked out what I wanted turned out to be cheap so if you are looking for a $200 Tifany piece this will not do it for you. It is simple and not unattractive if you like brass, nickle or leather. All are routinely used in handbags.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I got a 3-pack of Carabiner Clips (for $1 total) at a Dollar Tree store about six months ago; I adore them.

I keep my house key on one, car/house key on another and the third for random keys. They're different colors with differing amounts of keys so it's easy to grab the right one, depending on where I'm going. Or I can clip them together easily.

The one with just the house key is perfect for walking the dog; I can clip it on his collar or on my pants so I don't drop it on the walk when I reach in my pocket for a baggie or a treat.

It's easier to find my keys when I shop too; instead of tossing them in my bag, I can clip them to the outside of my purse or to a loop on my pants.

They're obviously not glam. This is the first key ring I've bought in as long as I can remember; I had been using the freebies when I got keys duplicated so beauty wasn't a concern. I just like my key rings to be small & light.
:wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1396682795|3647773 said:
Ame, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty fork than carry around that huge keyring. :bigsmile:

I go for minimal.
IF having just like three keys was an option, that would be ideal. But it's not possible. I cannot just unclip something on the weekend either, one of us is always "on call" (Really we all are) so I need the easiest and least crazy looking solution possible. It also MUST fit IN my jeans/pants pocket because I know it would probably be more practical otherwise to throw/clip them in or on my purse but I don't consider that practical or an option due to theft.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1396675534|3647747 said:
Woah, that's a lot of keys you have! I have a Tiffany key ring and I've had it since high school. I'm in my early 30's now, it's crazy I still have the same one! And it looks like Tiffany still carries it too, however they have 2 sizes and I'm not sure which one I have.

Wow, prices have gone up that's for sure. For some random reason I remember it was in the $65-75 range, I doubt my parents would have bought me an almost $200 key ring while in high school, lol!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=31852501&mcat=148212&cid=297640&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+297640-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+419+4&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

Not sure if it would work for you but I love mine and it sure has held up!
I actually have one and it did not work for me back when I had it either. I actually was pissed I couldn't return it. The metal "rod" for lack of a better description, is SO THICK that most keys, at least any keys I have, don't easily go on, or if they do they can't move around on there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results