shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD 3 stone Crossed Trellis reset

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how wonderful! :appl: We definitely need to see profile shots!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous :love: I love three stone rings and the proportions on yours look perfect :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those proportions are great! Beautiful ring! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring!!!! Can't wait to see more pics!

Sweetpeas

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love it. The ring looks gorgeous on you. Can't wait to be your ring twin in a couple more weeks. I'd even be happy to wait six weeks if it ends up just like yours. =)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omygosh, that is gorgeous recordaras!! Love the hand presence and finger coverage, it looks perfect! Of course you do realize we need more pics lol :lickout:

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
First of all, thanks everyone for your kind words and support!

So this morning was kind of like getting my ring all over again - last night I was so exhausted after a long day at work that I didn't have the energy for anything. How amazing was it to wake up and get excited all over again!
The ring is pure perfection. It just feels right, you know?

I had so many doubts along the way and to the very end I was terrified that I'd feel like I had made a mistake or that I should have used the money for something else (even though it's not a huge budget by PS standards, this is the first time I've actually spent that kind of money on myself). It was a really big and significant purchase for me, so lots and lots of emotions there. But now that it's here I can say for certain that it is one of the best decisions I have ever made! This ring is 100% ME, and finally I can enjoy every second of wearing it.

Overall, it was not only worth the wait - I'd wait another 6 weeks if I had to. The work that BGD do is absolutely outstanding - I had tried on dozens of three stone settings in various b&m jewelry stores (many of which were more expensive than mine ended up being), but nothing comes even close to what they created for me - it just screams of thought-through quality and attention to detail. Even the balance of it is perfect - there is pretty much no spinning, even though it's more loose than my previous setting due to the comfort fit!
BGD definitely have themselves a customer for life. :appl:

More pictures as promised:
dsc_2531.jpg

dsc_2520.jpg

dsc_2536.jpg

dsc_2512.jpg

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Some hand shots:

dsc_2578.jpg

dsc_2583.jpg

dsc_2579.jpg

(I mean seriously - just look at those curves and swooshes!!! :love: )

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Sweetpeas|1396608848|3647171 said:
I absolutely love it. The ring looks gorgeous on you. Can't wait to be your ring twin in a couple more weeks. I'd even be happy to wait six weeks if it ends up just like yours. =)
I can't wait until you get yours. I had seen so many pictures, and tried on similar settings, but NOTHING comes close to what BGD created. Honestly, it's like something from a different planet of perfect jewelry. :) Pictures don't even do it justice - the flow and feel of it is really something you will only truly experience when you try it on for the first time.

Sweetpeas

Rough_Rock
I am really hoping I feel the same way when I get mine. I have been obsessing about this decision for over a year. I fell in love with this design and haven't seen anything like it in stores. I've seen other trellis settings but they don't compare to this. Thanks so much for sharing your journey and your photos. You have no idea how much you have helped me with my decision. Enjoy that gorgeous ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, it's perfect!! :love: Isn't it a great feeling to wake up and remember you have a beautiful new ring to wear? And your pics are fantastic, they look like professional glamour shots!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and the proportions look perfect.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Junebug and Farleysmom!

Now there's just one dilemma I face: to resize or not to resize. It's definitely at least 1/4 size loose, but at the same time I really can't imagine having to ship it back to BGD right now.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
And some more. :)

dsc_2554.jpg

dsc_2562.jpg

dsc_2558.jpg

dsc_2553.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
recordaras|1396644040|3647477 said:
And some more. :)

dsc_2554.jpg

dsc_2562.jpg

dsc_2558.jpg

dsc_2553.jpg
These are amazing and close enough to flowers that I say PLEASE post them over in the flower and bling thread!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1396644734|3647484 said:
These are amazing and close enough to flowers that I say PLEASE post them over in the flower and bling thread!
Ha, the way I care for plants they will most likely never flower (my thumb is the exact opposite of green - red?..), but I'll gladly share regardless. :) Thanks, Niel!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I love a three stone classic!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of a three stone and this one is exquisite. You said you were getting used to the thicker sides to the ring. I actually like the look of the more substantial shank from the face up angle. Don't the three prongs on the two side diamonds provide a lovely shape to the side stones! I hope you continue to love your ring.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Fancygems!

Polished|1396680214|3647764 said:
I love the look of a three stone and this one is exquisite. You said you were getting used to the thicker sides to the ring. I actually like the look of the more substantial shank from the face up angle. Don't the three prongs on the two side diamonds provide a lovely shape to the side stones! I hope you continue to love your ring.
Thank you so much! I think I should clarify a bit - I LOVE the width of the shank. In fact, one of the things I told Jamie right away was that I was not scared of width or heft. My old setting was the exact opposite and super thin, and I really disliked it - it was so skimpy that I actually couldn't feel it on, except for the copious times it would painfully dig into my skin with the sharp edge. It just didn't feel like you were wearing fine jewelry. And don't even get me started on the spinning...

What I meant by larger sides was the side stones. I had tried on a bunch of rings with a similar 2:1 ratio (and my center is actually a touch proportionately larger than that) where the side stones looked like accent stones, so I was expecting something similar. But since the sides are also BGD Signature stones they give off so much light and sparkle that from a distance that's all you see - it's really hard to differentiate where the center stone ends and the sides begin. So basically I wasn't expecting that much bling! :bigsmile:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your reset is beautiful!!! Congrats!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This turned out so beautiful! Your pics are great! Love the plant shots! :love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! This was so well done!!!

Remind me.. What size are the side stones? What size is your finger? Can you give the approx $$$ for the reset including sides? Not the center since you already had that:)

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Hatha, I'm a size 5.75 and the sides are .27 and .28 with a .64 center. The total cost of the reset came to just a touch above what the Grace 3 stone with pear sides costs ($2250) with the repeat customer discount. I was actually surprised that I was able to stay in the same price range - initially Jamie quoted me $1200 for 2x.20 Signature melee sides, so I figured three rounds was way out of budget (which was "the closer to $2K the better").

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Got a couple of hand shots in the car today - I'm a size 5.75. LOVE the finger presence - such a huge difference compared to the solitaire!

photo_5__3__0.jpg

photo_2__7_.jpg

puppalini

Rough_Rock
recordaras|1396625859|3647310 said:
Some hand shots:

dsc_2578.jpg

Thanks for these great photos recordaras. Your ring is just beautiful :)

I was considering the crossed trellis but thought it looked like it the trellis bit sat a bit high on the top of the finger ie: so there was a gap between the top of the finger and the sweep of the bottom part of the trellis. However, yours doesn't look that way in the photos. Great to hear it is comfortable.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
puppalini|1399108970|3665457 said:

I was considering the crossed trellis but thought it looked like it the trellis bit sat a bit high on the top of the finger ie: so there was a gap between the top of the finger and the sweep of the bottom part of the trellis. However, yours doesn't look that way in the photos. Great to hear it is comfortable.
Thank you so much!

I see what you mean - it doesn't have the full round shank like the Queen Dinah etc., but that is actually one of my favorite features since it makes it so easy to clean! The pavilions of the stones are very easy to reach with a brush, so no chance of gunk buildup.
It does in my experience run about 1/4 size large due to there being more space for your finger where the trellis swooshes are (BGD made it to be the exact same size as my solitaire, and double checked on a mandrel, but it fits much more loose, so I'll be getting it resized once I'm ready to order the wedding band).

Also, I'm not afraid of height, and love the trellis detail, so I actually asked them to set my stones on the high side of what they deemed proportionate. If you prefer lower set rings in general, just let them know when you place your order (whichever setting you choose), and they will most likely be able to adjust that accordingly.

And the ring is incredibly comfortable. I used to take off my solitaire first thing when I returned home, and wouldn't wear it on weekends unless I was going out of the house, but now it's a whole different story. :)

And here's another hand shot, since this is SMTB after all. :)

photo_apr_24__4_20_22_pm_0.jpg

puppalini

Rough_Rock
recordaras|1399123423|3665506 said:
puppalini|1399108970|3665457 said:

Thank you so much!

I see what you mean - it doesn't have the full round shank like the Queen Dinah etc., but that is actually one of my favorite features since it makes it so easy to clean! The pavilions of the stones are very easy to reach with a brush, so no chance of gunk buildup.
It does in my experience run about 1/4 size large due to there being more space for your finger where the trellis swooshes are (BGD made it to be the exact same size as my solitaire, and double checked on a mandrel, but it fits much more loose, so I'll be getting it resized once I'm ready to order the wedding band).

Also, I'm not afraid of height, and love the trellis detail, so I actually asked them to set my stones on the high side of what they deemed proportionate. If you prefer lower set rings in general, just let them know when you place your order (whichever setting you choose), and they will most likely be able to adjust that accordingly.

And the ring is incredibly comfortable. I used to take off my solitaire first thing when I returned home, and wouldn't wear it on weekends unless I was going out of the house, but now it's a whole different story. :)

And here's another hand shot, since this is SMTB after all. :)

photo_apr_24__4_20_22_pm_0.jpg

Thanks for the great detail, especially the sizing part. I've got two rings (6.5 and 7.5) that I'm using to choose my size. It's autumn here and my hands are pretty cold. The 6.5 is snug and the 7.5 is loose so I'm thinking of going for a 7 especially with your point re the trellis swooshes providing a wee bit more room. It's so hard deciding on sizing from here - I'm in NZ and the ring will be sent to Hawaii for when we're on holiday there so I'd be gutted if it is too tight when I receive it.

Also, I love the idea that it's easy to clean - I hadn't even thought about that. And of course love the extra pic. Feel free to post more!
Thanks again - your real life pics have made me decided to go with this setting :)

PS: Oh dear, just realised I've kind of hijacked your thread here! Sorry

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
this is such a beautiful ring!!!!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
puppalini|1399543736|3668367 said:
Thanks for the great detail, especially the sizing part. I've got two rings (6.5 and 7.5) that I'm using to choose my size. It's autumn here and my hands are pretty cold. The 6.5 is snug and the 7.5 is loose so I'm thinking of going for a 7 especially with your point re the trellis swooshes providing a wee bit more room. It's so hard deciding on sizing from here - I'm in NZ and the ring will be sent to Hawaii for when we're on holiday there so I'd be gutted if it is too tight when I receive it.

Also, I love the idea that it's easy to clean - I hadn't even thought about that. And of course love the extra pic. Feel free to post more!
Thanks again - your real life pics have made me decided to go with this setting :)

PS: Oh dear, just realised I've kind of hijacked your thread here! Sorry

Please do not apologize!!! I am so happy my pictures have helped you make up your mind - I just recently went through the whole decision making process myself, and couldn't have done it without PS. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Also, I saw in your other thread that it has been hard to contact BGD - right now they are totally swamped with Mother's Day orders (and they are also running a promo on top of that), but overall it almost feels like they need to bring on a couple of extra people stat. I think the amount of business they do has increased quite a bit over a short period of time, and at this point they are a little overwhelmed with all of it. I'm certain they will work this out, and I know for sure that the end result is completely worth it, so please don't feel discouraged or think that they see you as any "less" of a customer than anyone else.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
ckrickett|1399597429|3668743 said:
this is such a beautiful ring!!!!
Thank you so much!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results