shape
carat
color
clarity

Weirdest place/person you've ever discussed bling...

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I had my annual girlie parts check up today. I've been seeing my gyne for a number of years and love her to death! She's super sweet and always listens to my concerns, even backing my decision to have a hysterectomy 5 years ago. I had noticed a few years ago that she always looks at my ring when I'm in her office but had never said anything. Until today. The first thing she did was grab my right hand and tell me how much she loves my tourmaline ring. Then she grabbed my left hand and went on to tell me how much she loved my e-ring. She said she has the same cut (asscher) and I told her I'd never actually met anyone else IRL that had an asscher. She complained that she hated her setting so her ring was in her safe, so I told her all about how BGD created both rings that she was admiring and she seemed surprised that I would use an online vendor but admitted that she and her husband had gotten her diamond online. This all went on for about 10 minutes before she even started my exam. :lol: I even told her about PS.

I'd never ever discussed bling during a medical exam before, so was wondering what other weird circumstances others have had where bling was discussed.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL she comes on PS and sees this thread.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doctor's office waiting room. But only because the woman sitting next to me was wearing a lovely 5 carat plus pale pink pear-shaped diamond ring, and I couldn't help but ask about it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weirdest place was with law enforcement. Something had happened with several people logging in as me on multiple accounts of mine and I was meeting with them to hand over all the logs one of the site admins had provided me with their IPs, names and home addresses and work addresses tied to it. The officer was intrigued by the subject matter, as well as my rings.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Various bases in Iraq and Afghanistan. :wavey:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
During rehab for my shoulder surgery. I was in tremendous pain and all my therapist wanted to do was talk about my rings because he was thinking about proposing to his girlfriend. His associate made the comment that it must have cost a thousand dollars. I said yes. :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom|1396624044|3647287 said:
During rehab for my shoulder surgery. I was in tremendous pain and all my therapist wanted to do was talk about my rings because he was thinking about proposing to his girlfriend. His associate made the comment that it must have cost a thousand dollars. I said yes. :lol:
HAHA!

Someone asked me once if mine was a 3ct. I was like "don't I wish."

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I was called out in the middle of a college class one time. We had a sub (first and only time I saw that happen in college) and he literally stopped the lecture to ask if my engagement ring was real, and commented on my earrings as well.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Dentist's office

Grocery store

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1396666105|3647709 said:
I was called out in the middle of a college class one time. We had a sub (first and only time I saw that happen in college) and he literally stopped the lecture to ask if my engagement ring was real, and commented on my earrings as well.

Wow, that is a weird way for that to happen and sort of unprofessional. In the middle of class with everyone watching? I would have been so uncomfortable.

I don't know if this is weird but during the annual St Patty's Day pub crawl when I first started going. It was my dh's college friend's (he arranges the pub crawl every year for the past 30 plus years) sister (whom I now know and love dearly)-she grabbed my hand when she first met me and just went on and on and on about my ER. How huge, how beautiful etc etc. This was my second ER (not my current OEC ER) and OMG did she go on. Ofc having a few drinks in her at the time probably helped loosen her inhibitions lol but she is larger than life anyway so not sure that made much of a difference hahaha.

When I first became engaged (wearing my first ER and no WB yet) someone on the subway commented on how beautiful my ring was and when was the wedding lol. A guy I didn't know and I thought that was very weird. I didn't feel threatened/nervous in any way as it was morning rush hour and it was a professional looking (suit and tie) wall street type but still. After that I always made sure to keep the ring turned in if I wasn't wearing gloves on the subway! It weirded me out more that he noticed there was no WB and that I was engaged vs noticing the ring itself if that makes any sense.

I also get comments at work from some patients/staff who are just meeting me though I occasionally get repeat comments from patients/assistants who know me and are just saying (again) how much they love my ring. And occasionally when I am out shopping be it for clothes or groceries. But I don't get as many comments as in the past because I am meeting less people these days. Now I am mainly just being the patient- seeing doctors who are not focused on my jewelry but rather the pieces of the puzzle that are my symptoms. :(sad

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
My ex-fiancé once called me to tell his new girlfriend about the engagement ring he'd bought me. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, just normal grocery store stalking. :)

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I just sold a 5-stone to someone who was in labor. That was her push present from her hubby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results