shape
carat
color
clarity

Bubbles finds a home - Mahenge spinel set by hubby!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a significant birthday last month, and as a gift, my husband took four stones from my collection, with the intention of setting one. I didn't know which one, or how he was going to set it (I like surprises, and generally trust his taste). This is what he came up with. The stone is a 2.36 ct Mahenge spinel that is moderately included (hence the name "Bubbles"). I bought it when I was on maternity leave a few years ago, it was the best I could afford at the time. The good news is, he seemed to enjoy the process, because he told me his plan is to do this for future birthdays, too!

bubbles1.jpg

bubbles2.jpg

bubbles3.jpg

bubbles4.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bubbles5.jpg

bubbles6.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pictures always seem to end up looking all the same. I tried a bunch of artsy shots of the ring in a tree, etc., but they all turned out blurry. :nono:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! :love: :love: :love: The setting that he chose is PERFECT for the specific stone! Congrats and wear it in good health :appl: :appl: :appl: (Happy Birthday ;)) )

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the raspberry pink color! You're lucky to have a husband who has good taste in jewelry! :appl:

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I love it!! The color is gorgeous! Your husband definitely has great taste!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, natyLad, mom2boys, lovefordiamonds, and Alex T! I'm going out for dinner with a friend tomorrow night, I'm excited to wear it out!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! :love: That color is TDF and the setting is perfect. Your dh did a great job. Happy Birthday! :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a lovely thing for your dear hubby to do for you! It is beautiful and he did a great job. I love the color of your spinel! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Happy B-Day! That ring is gorgeous & I think it's awesome that your hubby wants to take on some stone setting duties :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning! Bubbles is gorgeous and the setting your hubby picked compliment her so well!

Happy birthday!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour of your stone is amazing!!! It's a beautiful ring.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday! What a sweetheart he was to do this for you.
I LOVE the color of your stone...wow. The halo is perfect, too. Enjoy!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: He did such a wonderful job!! I might have to send my fiance to him for coaching :naughty:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful hubby! He did a great job!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely gorgeous!! The color is simply amazing. :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, missy, redwood, woofmama, DS, armywife, Acinom, moneymeister, petit bijou (I can tell you the name of the jeweller, if you're interested in passing on the info to your fiancé ;-) ), AprilBaby, Catmom, and MissBliss!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very beautiful!
Happy Birthday!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Happy belated birthday!

What a treat - I think this is a really excellent idea for husbands who want to get involved in jewellery presents, but don't want to blow a ton of money on something you don't love, or might not be up to PS standards. I think he did a lovely job!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Niel (love your chryso ring, btw!) and justginger (that's why we went this route - he said I had ruined the jewellery buying process, because he didn't know what would be up to my standards, what if I didn't like it, I liked picking my own stones, etc. - this seemed like a reasonable solution). :)

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
I love this idea! And of course your new ring too :D Congratulations and Happy Birthday, its beautiful!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It looks great!! Your DH did bubbles proud! :)

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Nkotb its scrumptious! Hbd!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! A man did this??!! :lol: Your hubs did great!! :love:

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
It looks fantastic, the shape of the stone with the complementary setting look great on you. What a great colored stone too... not that we should expect any less from you!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Aw how sweet of your husband. The ring is stunning!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
He is a keeper! It's beautifully done. Happy happy b'day & all the goodies to come! It's so pretty on your hand!

--- Laurie

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks jbk, hlmr, msop, Xrisus, LoversKites, and Laurie (yes, he's a keeper!)!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results