shape
carat
color
clarity

French cut rainbow ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For my b-day this year I couldn't resist getting a few more french cut bands to mix things up ... and another little something which still needs to have a proper photo-shoot - a retro-fabulous vintage emerald and platinum ring with another of those big sharp-cornered OMCs that look like french cuts! I love my new rainbow options! It can be hard to get all of the colors right in photos, so bear with me ... whenever I got one right, I was just so proud, so there might be some repetition. :love:

rainbow_and_vine.jpg

rainbow_flash.jpg

emerald_set.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What I think of as my Russian Orthodox set ....

green__amp__red_1.jpg

green__amp__red_2.jpg

green__amp__red_profile_.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The emerald band by itself - I LOVE this one so much. Emerald bands are impossible to find, and this one is authentic 1920s, and in mint condition. And that color is positively edible ....

emerald_17.jpg

emerald_engraving.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The blue band I also love ... but it's a little tight on me. ;( It was advertised as a size 5.25, but it was more of a 5 when it came, so when I choose to wear it, I am committing to it for at least a couple of days ... but it's such a pretty color, it's hard to mind. I've never seen another one this shade, and it matches with my BevK like it was made for it. :appl:

lighter_blue_sapphire_french_cut_band.jpg

lighter_blue_fc_sapphire_w_bk_2.jpg

lighter_blue_fc_sapphire_w_bk1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And that's pretty much all for now. :) Though I do also have a watch I've been meaning to start a thread on ... :naughty:

_16519.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Love the different widths of the bands together!
All gorgeous.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, all your bling is gorgeous :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
damn, yo. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have such a yummy collection! I especially like the Russian Odthodox combo :love:
Circe,you have such gorgeous vintage jewelry. Love it!!!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love your collection. Where do you find these beauties? I would love to have a sapphire eternity ring like yours :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Harpertoo|1396534261|3646577 said:
Love the different widths of the bands together!
All gorgeous.

Thank you, Harper!

thecat said:
Wow, all your bling is gorgeous :love:

Thank you TC!

ame said:
damn, yo. :love:

Hee. The highest praise! Thanks, Ame.

Acinom said:
You have such a yummy collection! I especially like the Russian Odthodox combo :love:
Circe,you have such gorgeous vintage jewelry. Love it!!!

Thank you Acinom! I do love color combinations that can sometimes be seen as clashy. Red/green, red/purple, green/purple, orange/purple ... bring it on! It punches things up, a little :) One of my other favorite combos (though I've yet to get good pics) is with the emerald band sandwiched between the french-cut band and my big ruby carre band. It's purty. :lickout:

eh613c said:
Love your collection. Where do you find these beauties? I would love to have a sapphire eternity ring like yours :love:

Thanks, EH! Honestly, it's a mix of eBay, 47th st, and the completely random things I find at flea markets and the like. Finding a french cut sapphire band proved harder than I thought ... I spent three months searching fruitlessly, and then three of them fell into my lap, first this one, then an eternity of dark blue, french cut ... baguettes! which I couldn't resist, and THEN a band that's almost this one's body double, but, a) in an actual size 5.5, and, b) in the darker blue shade that actually matches my target ring (and still manages not to clash with the BevK). Since I have the willpower of a stoat ... now they're all safe and sound with me. :rodent:

I know I shouldn't keep all three, but, oh, the temptation ....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear LAWD!! :shock: Those are flippin' amaaaaazzzzziiing!!! :love: :cheeky: :appl:

I'm so envious.
8)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The emerald one is so fabulous. Love them all, though. :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my Circe! What finery!!! :appl:
I love the 3 bands together.. the sapphire, emerald and ruby look AMAZING together.
You have motivated me to a new level of "I need this."
Wear them in health and happiness!! :wavey:

angela06

Shiny_Rock
All of them are so delicious! Enjoy wearing them!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That's it, I'm staging a home invasion. Get ready. ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As ever your collection continues to amaze me! While I love all your bands of course, that new watch is simply amazing! And really you do not need two FC watches so because my eyes are bad (being so old) you really need to give the larger one to me. :D

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
All beautiful individually & in all those amazing combo's....yummy :love:
You are a ring hunting goddess!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You have quite a collection! And I can take the blue sapphire off your hands if it is too restrictive. :naughty: Have you thought about having a little of the metal on the inside of the band taken out/polished out to make it slightly bigger (I think I have heard of that being done by a couple of people on PS).

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1396533453|3646567 said:
And that's pretty much all for now. :) Though I do also have a watch I've been meaning to start a thread on ... :naughty:
Love these watches! How does the universe always manage to send Frenchies your way?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so jealous! I thought I'd found the perfect French cut ruby eternity about a month ago, but the seller got the size wrong and I had to return it. I cried, really cried. And here they are nearly falling on your lap! You have the perfect set! Congratulations on your great finds!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
msop04|1396557099|3646813 said:
Dear LAWD!! :shock: Those are flippin' amaaaaazzzzziiing!!! :love: :cheeky: :appl:

I'm so envious.
8)

Thanks MSOP! I am really happy about them - I feel sort of like I won the Pokemon championships!

derbygal said:
The emerald one is so fabulous. Love them all, though. :love:

Thank you! I do find myself looking down at my hand a lot while I'm wearing it. :)

Rubies-R-Me said:
Oh my Circe! What finery!!! :appl:
I love the 3 bands together.. the sapphire, emerald and ruby look AMAZING together.
You have motivated me to a new level of "I need this."
Wear them in health and happiness!! :wavey:

Thanks, Ruby! Actually, you are the one who motivated me, I think - you're the one who got that amazing set of Cartier rings recently, yes? LOVE those. It made me start keeping an eye out. :rodent:

angela06 said:
All of them are so delicious! Enjoy wearing them!

Thank you!

k_darling said:
That's it, I'm staging a home invasion. Get ready. ;-)

Martinis and crudites are a go. :twisted:

redwood66 said:
As ever your collection continues to amaze me! While I love all your bands of course, that new watch is simply amazing! And really you do not need two FC watches so because my eyes are bad (being so old) you really need to give the larger one to me. :D

Heheheheh ... now, while I like the way you're thinking, I'm actually playing with the idea of turning my original FC watch into a ring. The face of the watch is 10mm ... and my transitional is almost 9 All I'd have to have done is for them to add a bezel and a band ... :love:

woofmama said:
All beautiful individually & in all those amazing combo's....yummy :love:
You are a ring hunting goddess!

Thank you! In a past life, I may have been a bloodhound. In a jeweled collar, of course :mrgreen:

vinjewels said:
Wow! You have quite a collection! And I can take the blue sapphire off your hands if it is too restrictive. :naughty: Have you thought about having a little of the metal on the inside of the band taken out/polished out to make it slightly bigger (I think I have heard of that being done by a couple of people on PS).

Thanks, VJ! I did have that done a very little bit, and now I can actually get it on but it's still a squeeze. Methinks I need to take snaps of the other two and put up a poll in RT ....

braga123 said:
Circe|1396533453|3646567 said:
Love these watches! How does the universe always manage to send Frenchies your way?

Thanks, Braga! I am hoping it's the universe making up for my Bad Chair karma (seriously, a room with 1000 seats, I inevitably choose the one with the wobbly leg/gum on the seat/on the verge of collapse). But I do spend a lot of time asking dealers if I can see that thing, no, not that one, the other one, yeah, in that dusty corner in the back .... :geek:

Rhea said:
I'm so jealous! I thought I'd found the perfect French cut ruby eternity about a month ago, but the seller got the size wrong and I had to return it. I cried, really cried. And here they are nearly falling on your lap! You have the perfect set! Congratulations on your great finds!

Oy, Rhea, that sucks! I know your pain (possibly for real, what with the back-and-forthing on the sapphire band). What size do you wear? I'll happily keep an eye out for you while I trawl for the amethyst one I'm currently craving (seriously, I'm an idiot: Israel Rose had one for ages and I back burnered it and then it sold ... bah). What width, metal, etc. are you looking for?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1396634057|3647382 said:
Rhea said:

Oy, Rhea, that sucks! I know your pain (possibly for real, what with the back-and-forthing on the sapphire band). What size do you wear? I'll happily keep an eye out for you while I trawl for the amethyst one I'm currently craving (seriously, I'm an idiot: Israel Rose had one for ages and I back burnered it and then it sold ... bah). What width, metal, etc. are you looking for?

Really? Really and seriously? My sapphire one is a bit on the dark side so I may change it if another comes along, but it's about 1.8/1.9mm both ways and is a size 6.75. The ruby one was 2.5mm by 1.8mm and even that looked good with it!

The worst thing was that the ruby one had 33 rubies, my birthstone, and I'm turning 33 this year. I told my husband I'd bought myself a birthday present :) I cried hard and still regret sending it back even though I couldn't comfortably wear it. I think it was a size 5.75 and two jewellers recommended against taking away a bit of metal to make it larger.

Okay, enough with the raining on your parade! You have a beautiful set and I'm so glad that you've found all your beauties!! You have a real knack.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my.. Circe I'm honored that I lit the "I must have" fire in you about a set of rainbow rings!
I did buy that set of Cartier rings a few months ago and any combo of ruby/sapphire/emerald really catches my eye still.
Look at these two sets on Ebay.. drool.. drool.. :loopy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartier-18k-Sapphire-Ruby-Emerald-Princess-Cut-Eternity-3-Band-Set-7-5CT-SZ-5-5-/301056138136?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item4618581b98
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARTIER-18K-Gold-Diamond-Emerald-Ruby-Sapphire-3-Band-Ring-Set-6-/171224057772?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item27ddbfc7ac
They are soooo gorgeous!!!
Yours too! Now I am going to be searching for a sapphire and emerald band in white metal to go with a few of the ruby ones I already have. :wavey:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some amazing bands and watches Circe!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Circe, may I make a request? Would you please do a little photo shoot with ALL of your rings? I'd love to see them all together :)

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love the emerald band Circe!!! Love your band collection, and your stye! :appl:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my Circe.... You really know how to grab a girls attention! Love the bands and the glimpse of those watches, you are a tease!!! More pics pretty please.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous, Circe - you have such an eye for treasures. :love:

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have such *style*, Circe.
And the emerald band is absolutely covet-able.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results