shape
carat
color
clarity

Emeralds...Show and Tell

mixer_star

Rough_Rock
livannie|1390348939|3598048 said:
mixer_star, did you buy that emerald ring about a year or more ago off eBay from oldtreasures333? I remember seeing it and wanting to bid on it but didn't have money at the time. It looks pretty.

I did. I love, love, love it! I'll put up another picture tonight so you can see how pretty it is in person.

mixer_star

Rough_Rock
Here is my pretty emerald ring. I don't have the stats with me, but the diamonds are H-I, mostly VS, total diamond weight of about 1.8 carats. The emerald is very included and needs to be re-treated. The setting is platinum. It is circa 1940s-1950s.

I wish I could photograph it better. Don't worry, I was in an hour long traffic jam when I took this, so I wasn't actually driving anywhere while taking pictures.

ring_best_0.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

photo33.jpg

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That does look pretty mixer_star, I like the setting. Your emeralds are pretty too motownmama. Emeralds are so pretty :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: @ Bron357's ring.

DK :))

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this emerald on ebay 2 years ago. It was an impulse buy that I have been really happy with! It was from kirkgem and I found it one day wasting time on ebay. I found later that the seller's website is called rainforest academy and he sells only untreated stones, mainly opals that he cuts. This emerald is full of inclusions and one that reaches the surface of the stone but I still love it. I had it reset into a DanielM setting I had and had the spessartite removed.

20140125_100935.jpg

20140125_100914.jpg

20140125_095738.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Freke - yes, you should, lovely emerald (and ring) you've been holding out on us!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Freaky,

Your ring is beautiful. The color on the emerald is just the color i love. Smashing! I just love emeralds.

Annette

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Freke: That emerald is gorgeous!! Do you have a thread on it already?

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Freke!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsM|1390792427|3601836 said:
Freke: That emerald is gorgeous!! Do you have a thread on it already?
Nope! I will start one when I get some time!

angace

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I know PS to be a very reputable place to get information and suggestions. I am looking for a loose natural emerald for my engagement ring in a short square-ish cushion (antique cushion), or perhaps alternatively a square emerald cut or an asscher. Size needed is around 6-7 mm. Can anyone recommend a good, reputable website to buy from or any other source information? The price range I'm looking is around $1,500. TIA!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My emerald is not near as clear as many of the beauties posted here and to be honest I kind of forgot I had it, as I bought it almost 19 years ago when I lived in Tucson and kept it in my box because one of the prongs appeared a tad bent/off. I don't know anything about it spec-wise; just that it is approx 10x8 mm, the setting is 14k, and it has a Nissko hallmark. Any input/info on it would be appreciated.

20140311_075545.jpg

20140311_075043.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
George Ellis - what a cute stone and fun project!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my 2.63ct Brazilian emerald. Lots of jardin but the color is not bad for the eBay price I paid :)
It id actually more green in real life... photos show more blue for some reason...

Got a little emerald friend with him as a gift from the vendor too!

_16391.jpg

_16392.jpg

_16393.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I admire your ability to cut such a small stone. Good job!

Annette

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
A friendly reminder that we do not allow trade members to post their own merchandise generally to avoid self-promotion on the forum, with the exception of explicit threads like [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/trade-members-show-us-your-one-favorite-piece-a-little-fun.200034/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/trade-members-show-us-your-one-favorite-piece-a-little-fun.200034/[/URL]

As a result a few posts from this thread have been removed.

As I see a number of trade members here are new, if you have questions about our policies I can be reached at the "contact us link" below.

megthered

Rough_Rock
These are some of my emeralds, they are rings I wear every day. The bottom and top are my wedding set. The wide band was my grandmother's wedding ring. She wore it every day until she died in 1984 and she was married in 1918. I now wear it every day along with the eternity band. The middle ring is my newest. I received it for our 25th anniversary. As I have stated in another thread, I don't baby my emeralds, they have been everywhere but up in space and I suppose they will go there with my grandchildren.

20140801_100550.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's mine. It's about a 1.33ct emerald, I think.

_20947.jpg

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
I know I'm pretty new to PS, but would love to restart this thread and see what new (and old) emerakds PSers have. You can never have too many emeralds =) :tongue:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea. I have some pretty earrings, but I need to find them. Good motivation!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I spoke with my Mom about the emerald above. It is Colombian from the 1980's. She got it in the diamond district in NYC. It is not treated. It was resurfaced last year after 30 years of everyday wear (she has even worn it tiling floors :errrr: .)

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
These are stunning and what a nice treat to wake up to.

MM looking forward to seeing your gems :appl: , Vesper, I'm astonished that the stone is in such good shape - I'm terrified of damaging mine. How did your mom get the stone resurfaced? It turns out that I have stacks to learn about emeralds which I realise as I read the forums.

HG- South Africa? I didn't know you could get emeralds there - I thought they were Zambian or from Sandawana in Zim? Are you planning on setting it?

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Shiny_pretty_things|1474000642|4077262 said:
These are stunning and what a nice treat to wake up to.

Vesper, I'm astonished that the stone is in such good shape - I'm terrified of damaging mine. How did your mom get the stone resurfaced? It turns out that I have stacks to learn about emeralds which I realise as I read the forums.

My Mom has had amazing luck with her stone and she has not treated it well. She has done everything you are told not to do while wearing an emerald. Dishes, DIY, working in the barn, cleaning- it never comes off. Frankly, I am scared for her for the ring. I work across the street from a jeweler who specializes in emeralds. I am not sure exactly what he did but he had some kind of special tool he used to resurface the stone. It sparkles like crazy now. He told me it is like refinishing floors, you can only do it so many times.

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
I wish I was as brave as she is. That's really interesting - I suspect not many jewellers will do it.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll play! I'm just starting to dabble in the CS forum and haven't shown off any of the pieces I have yet. This is my 1.7 ct emerald from the Colombian muzo mine! Emeralds are so hard to photograph but some of the pics do show the velvety look it has but the last photo doesn't show the color accurately.

_5905.jpeg

_5906.jpeg

_5907.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results