shape
carat
color
clarity

UPDATE W/ pics- 2.5 carat I Color I1 had arrived!!

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
The stone has arrived. I don't know if I just see sparkle and a good color and shape to my eyes and just don't mine but the inclusions are only really noticeable to me on the bottom. There is some dark shadowing in the middle at some angles from the top which is probably due to the inclusions. However, I feel that pears are so tricky with bow ties etc. Pics to follow!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you keeping it? Is the inclusion near the edge? I saw something dark near the edge.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems to me that the inclusion is in the best place as it is being hidden a bit by the bowtie. I quite like
the diamond and it's shape. The inclusion was in the middle of the stone I believe.

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
The cat- no the inclusions are under the table. Undecided at the moment about keeping it! I actually quite like it but have very little basis of comparison. I have a 60 day return period and have another stone to review hopefully shortly.

Looking for thoughts!

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
Thanks for chiming in, Pyramid! I'm almost embarrassed to admit on this forum that I really like the stone. It looks quite white to me and I think the size and ratio are wonderful.

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
Bumping.. Really looking for input as this is clearly a big decision. Thanks all!

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
As far as your own feelings, my personal opinion is that when paying that much money, I'd want to get something that I'm extremely content with and have no questions about.

I take it that the general lack of response indicates that PSers aren't crazy about the diamond, otherwise they'd be raving about it. PSers--if you think otherwise, speak now or forever hold your peace!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post a link to the stone again.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
KushionKwest|1396371799|3645116 said:
The cat- no the inclusions are under the table. Undecided at the moment about keeping it! I actually quite like it but have very little basis of comparison. I have a 60 day return period and have another stone to review hopefully shortly.

Looking for thoughts!

I can't see the inclusion face up, only face down. I'll keep it if the price and light performance are both good.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, photos are so hard, I actually quite like it too but you have to love it! Not sure about the shadowing either, you know how I am with bowties but photos can make them look much worse than IRL. There are very very few pears with no or extremely minimal bowties but they do exist and those I really want.:))) I have to admit I have seen more in ovals and pears without bowtie in my fancy color collection but have seen a couple of whites too. Maybe people are not raving about it because it is an I1 and they simply do not like the idea, I am not sure, I like it on your finger but do not like the shank of the ring showing through (if I am correct about this have to look at the pic again to inspect the setting) but I normally set these shapes with no shank underneath the stone so no shadow could reflect into the stones. How do you feel about this stone OP? That is the most important thing. You have to feel that you are not compromising but also no diamond is "perfect". How did you feel when you first opened and saw it? This is what tells me how I feel. My reaction is if the stone is really good: my heart skips a beat, I almost want to cry... have you felt any strong emotions when seeing this stone?

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
OvincenZe- every time I look at it, I am come over with butterflies. I think it's gorgeous and so does my boyfriend. I think the shape is so unusual and exactly what I was after and I think it looks really white. And the price was unbeatable. I agree that I think people just don't like the idea of an I1! I honestly can't see he inclusions from the top exception direct sunlight when it's half an inch from my face and even then it doesn't bother me!

Regarding the setting- that is just a tension setting and I agree that the shank shows through! Planning to set it like this:

_16469.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Is it sparkly" would be one of my biggest questions. Pears, by nature, are not terribly sparkly so you should look for the best cut there is. I presume you purchased the pear without requesting an ASET from JA? Some of the GOG pear videos might help you evaluate your pear better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoVXputaaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFj_xdx-ypI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0uIKhU5yvc

If you can see the stone holder through the pear diamond, you are most likely able to see the setting underneath the pear once it is set as well.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the overall shape for sure. I cannot really tell in your photos, but it looks to me as if the inclusions are reflecting badly in the stone and perhaps causing an overly dark appearance? It does not look like a traditional bow tie in the images. This is a case where personally I would want the opinion of a qualified independent appraiser! Another option is to order your second choice pear from JA and compare in person. Then you would know for sure. You cannot really pick a diamond on its own unless you have a lot of experience with diamonds. You need a benchmark for comparison.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one inclusion that's in the table but looks like its a quarter way down in the stone doesn't bother you? I guess if you cant see
It IRL then it cant/wont bother you.

The faceting pattern is pretty decent (some leakage but still nicely faceted in the bow -tie area).

I say hang on to it for a while. Look at it under as many different lighting conditions as you can.
How is it with respect to fire? Are you getting sparks of light off it?

I have no problem with an I1 as long as you know what you are getting and STRONGLY feel that the inclusion wont bother you in
the future (that's why I say hold on to it for a while) .

Good luck...I hope you are able to come to a decision you are happy with!

DC519

Rough_Rock
Whoa, THAT PRICE! WOW. To quote the infamous/annoying line: "WINNNINNGG!"

Okay, now that we got that out of the way, the diamond is beautiful! Are you planning on putting it in a halo like the photo above? Also, it looks great on your hand as well! Interested to see what you decide!

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your comments! I got to see another pear today which has made me decide that I am definitely keeping the original stone!!

I've attached a picture of the two stones. My stone is on the top. The other stone is an eyeclean J SI with very strong blue fluorescence. It is 2.07 carats and 10.33 x 7.67. The depth is 59.3 and the table is 57.

Seeing my stone side by side and that I liked it so much better and loved how much it sparkles really sealed the deal for me.

As for setting- we are planning on one like the picture I posted!

_16473.jpg

susanrachel28

Rough_Rock
aww I really love it. It's like a fat happy pear. I like the inclusion but I think I'm in the minority that I like wonky stones because they are unique. :) You definitely will never have to worry about someone switching your stone out because you will know all it's characteristics! I once had an old mine cut that had an inclusion right under the table but it was just so pretty and unique that I loved it. It was a beauty mole, like Cindy Crawford haha. I think for that price you should keep it!

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
At home in low light, in love!

_16498.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, I love your closeup! I see why you love this stone, I think this is a nice stone overall and looks great on you! To be honest who cares if it is an I1, some may not like the idea but not a single person will notice that IRL and you paid a great price. Some I1stones can actually be a great "deal", the good ones do not have eye visible inclusions and a great cut does a lot for them to hide the imperfections. You know I say that even the most beautiful women are not perfect, we all have our faults and I think of it as imperfections make a woman or a beautiful stone all the more interesting. One thing: make sure no inclusions affect the stone's integrity, that is all but an important point and of course take great care of it; do not drop it. I have to respectfully disagree about pears not being sparkly; I find that if cut really well and with nice color pears can possess a very strong, icey brilliance I personally am very fond of. All depends on the stone and most importantly the cut.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to know you're keeping it! I'd keep it too if I can find a deal like that. It's a lot of diamond for $9k when I can't see the inclusion. Can you trade up for another diamond should your eyes be trained to detect the inclusion in future?

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
KushionKwest|1396493693|3646316 said:
At home in low light, in love!

Good for you :)) !

I was just reading through your thread and could tell in your posts that you really loved it. I'm so glad you took the time to compare it to others so you could feel more confident about what your eyes were already telling you!!

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
Thank you, roxy, Ovincenze, and the cat!! We are so excited. I bought the stone from James Allen and I believe they have an upgrade policy.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like how fat she is. And she looks great on your hand. Thanks for posting all of your photos of your pear. I like seeing I1 stones.

KushionKwest

Rough_Rock
Also daydreaming about settings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results