shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Bez Ambar pieces

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking of making adjustments to my princess cut to make it 'unique'. I've looked online at Bez Ambar pieces, and I think I might spring for my princess with the Blaze cut diamonds in a 'decent' size as a halo.

The princess is 1.77c E VVS2 and I'd like the halo to use the same quality of stones. I know it's all about proportion, but wonder what the ratio should be?

Has anyone had work done there? What was your experience? :appl: :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't own any pieces by them. But I ADORE their knife edge halo.

I could only find a smaller pic of that setting with a princess, but the picture of it with an EC shows the workmanship close up, which is lovely. I would get this halo in a heartbeat. If I had seen it when I was looking for my setting, I would own it now. That's how much I love it. (Here are more pictures of the EC halo).

h3561es-231x231.jpg

emerald_cut_0.jpg

emerald_cut_1.jpg

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
I've seen several Bez Ambar rings in person, including some with the Blaze dia in a halo or even double halo. They are fireballs! I saw about a 1.2 ct round center with a halo of chunky Blazes and it was just mesmerizing. I was actually a little surprised at how much I liked it, given that I'm a huge OEC/antique/old cut lover...which is kind of the opposite aesthetic. But man, I was bowled over by the fire and liveliness of that look. It's really an attention-getter, though, so I felt that if I'd need to be a bit careful about what else I wore it with (other rings) as it might dominate visually (but that's just my personal preference and personality).

I've also seen the Blaze stones used down the shank as an accent. Not quite as distinctive imho, but a nice look with the right center and setting.

Re workmanship: one thing I did note is that the pieces felt a bit heavy and the edges were either very squared-off or really knife-edge on all the rings. I'd certainly see them in person and make sure you're OK with it....they were less delicate (in fact, not at all) than I would've imagined after seeing pics online. Definitely a consideration...it's a very different heft, thickness and feel than some other PS vendors. To my eye, it suited the overall aesthetic of his pieces and the Blaze look -- but it's a very different look and feel than that of the others (whose work I've also seen in person).

FYI, his FB page has lots of pics and drawings of various designs using the Blaze stones. I saw them in person at Peter Marco Jewelers in Beverly Hills on Rodeo Drive...they had many Bez pieces of all sorts and were very willing to discuss custom. Very informative about his work and let me try on lots without losing patience. I do love the look of the Blaze stones, especially in a halo...but you really need to see them with your own eyes on your hand, if at all possible, as (more than other styles) I was really surprised at what I liked on the hand vs. in photos.

How fun! Enjoy the process and pls post pics as you decide.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE Bez Ambar!! I hope there are lots of posts so I can have some eye candy this morning!! :naughty:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1396250043|3644166 said:
I don't own any pieces by them. But I ADORE their knife edge halo.

I could only find a smaller pic of that setting with a princess, but the picture of it with an EC shows the workmanship close up, which is lovely. I would get this halo in a heartbeat. If I had seen it when I was looking for my setting, I would own it now. That's how much I love it. (Here are more pictures of the EC halo).

This is the actual setting I'm looking for:

ring_of_the_square_by_0.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have no pics, alas, but I really love the BA pieces I've seen: his Blaze cuts are as close to french cuts as I've seen from any modern designer. If you do order from him, I hope you'll tell us a lot about it!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1396568735|3646913 said:
I have no pics, alas, but I really love the BA pieces I've seen: his Blaze cuts are as close to french cuts as I've seen from any modern designer. If you do order from him, I hope you'll tell us a lot about it!

Thanks, Circe :wavey: I wanted to get away from the square shape of most halo princesses :appl: :wavey:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: A jeweler local to me carries Bez Ambar. Gorgeous pieces! Not sure if I can link their FB page but the name is Razny Jewelers IL. If you google them, visit their FB page. They have the brand heavily featured on there.

website: http://www.razny.com/designer-collections/bez-ambar.html

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Sign me up as a number fan club member!!!!! I have wanted his 3 stone halo with EC and bullets forever!!!!! I would actually probably sell my collection if it ever came up for sale :((

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results