shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Shopping in Mumbai

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I am traveling to Mumbai in May. Would anyone share the names of some reputable diamond vendors in the area? I am specifically interested in fancy color diamonds, but I love to shop for anything sparkly.

Thank you,

Susie

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Please be careful! Go to reputed jewellers only, such as Zaveri, Notandas, Motiwala etc. If you know someone locally who will accompany you, all the better. Unless you know everything there is to know about diamonds, do not go to any "cutters" or small businesses. All the stores I have mentioned have huge showrooms. Bargaining is always encouraged but ask for a complete breakdown of a jewellery piece to know exactly how much you can tweak. Having said that, India is not a place to shop for coloured diamonds. You might find a piece or two randomly but in general, we Indians love our diamonds white and our gold yellow!

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the replies. I leave on Thursday for Mumbai. I'll be sure to come back and let everyone know if I found anything interesting.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
I visited Tanisq. The quality looked good, but I definitely wouldn't be saving any money versus what I would spend at home. I couple of my coworkers recommended visiting some jewelers in Bandra instead, so they are going to accompany me on a shopping trip this afternoon.

BhavinJ

Rough_Rock
Trade
Before taking the final decision, I'd suggest to keep few imp points in mind such as:
Is it a well known store?
Make sure to buy certified diamonds only i.e. GIA, EGL, IGI. I would say go for GIA

If you are unable to take the decision then you may ask for the images of that diamond from the vendor and post it over here, maybe we can assist you further.

Turner road is also almost famous as Zaveri Bazar. Few of the stores I can think of are A.K Motiwala, Gehna Jewellers, Popley Jewellers.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
I did end up buying a 22k gold necklace at Tanisq. I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on. I felt like it was something I wouldn't be able to get at home.

india_necklace.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
It's been a while but this isn't a heavily frequented part of the forum. i love you necklace! India can be a good place to buy high carat gold if you know what you are doing. congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results