shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you like it if your man shaved his armpits?

Would you like it if your man shaved his armpits?

• Yes

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1395789783|3641322 said:
Circe|1395789512|3641319 said:
Mine does, so I guess the answer is yes! He is somewhat more fresh-smelling than many of my previous inamoratos.

But at the end of the day, I'm both on the "his body, his choice" train - if he stopped, I wouldn't mind, and I generally like how the people I am sexually involved with smell (mmm, pheromones) - and I'm a fan of body hair on the gentlemen. It's just that, like someone said upthread ... how often am I staring at his pits? I think almost any other portion of the anatomy would be more a point of contention, frankly. The shaved chest = stubble I remember from a blind date that was never to be repeated ...

True and that brings another topic to mind regarding men and body grooming... :cheeky:

I worked in a building with a guy who ended up hospitalized for a couple of days due to an infection. Come to find out he'd cut himself (not too bad) while shaving another area and got an infection from it :-o

(I didn't ask... a co-worker who was friends with his girlfriend found out!)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not like if he shaved his armpits. I like body hair on men a lot, and I like it on him.

And I do not believe "his body his choice" when it comes to my sexual partner 8) I would like him to groom himself in the way I find most sexually appealing! For example, I "made" him grow a goatee when we started dating... he tried shaving it once about 8 years later and I was so traumatized that he grew it back immediately! I also prefer that he watches his weight somewhat and stays active, and wears certain styles of clothing.

Luckily, he is more than happy to oblige my preferences if he gets to benefit from it :devil:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1395899509|3642138 said:
Mine does, so I guess the answer is yes! He is somewhat more fresh-smelling than many of my previous inamoratos.

But at the end of the day, I'm both on the "his body, his choice" train - if he stopped, I wouldn't mind, and I generally like how the people I am sexually involved with smell (mmm, pheromones) - and I'm a fan of body hair on the gentlemen. It's just that, like someone said upthread ... how often am I staring at his pits? I think almost any other portion of the anatomy would be more a point of contention, frankly. The shaved chest = stubble I remember from a blind date that was never to be repeated ...

True and that brings another topic to mind regarding men and body grooming... :cheeky:

I worked in a building with a guy who ended up hospitalized for a couple of days due to an infection. Come to find out he'd cut himself (not too bad) while shaving another area and got an infection from it :-o

:-o

What?!? I've been grooming for ages, and I've never had an infection. What did he use, a rusty razor blade?

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i might if he went around shirtless or in muscle tees, but he mostly wears t shirts so the underarm hair is rarely visible. I have to say I'm not particularly a fan of hairy men except for blonde hair on white skin and dark hair on dark skin. my husbands black hair blends in very well with his very dark skin so its more textural than visual :razz:

On the topic of mens general grooming... i had a bachelorette party last year and we went on a stripper cruise. Their shaved bodies looked fabulous (pause to indulge in the memory.... and.... back into the story) but the prickliness was yuck. one of them ran my hand down his chest abs (...) not something i would want to snuggle up to at night. I'd prefer hair to thick shaving man stubble everywhere.

madelise|1395903037|3642154 said:

What?!? I've been grooming for ages, and I've never had an infection. What did he use, a rusty razor blade?
lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My preference is naturally without much body hair as that appeals more to me. A simple trim would be greatly appreciated in my partner if he is more generously endowed with hair, rather than shaving since stubble is unpleasant to the touch.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I spend a lot of time in the shower shaving and it might be more fair if DH did too. On the other hand, we only have so much hot water.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer that he doesn't shave his armpits, as I can just imagine the whining while he grew it out again.

He did shave his legs for awhile when he was cycling seriously. It made me jealous. His legs were shiny and tanned. They looked better than mine most of the time. :devil:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
hippi_pixi|1395907480|3642165 said:
On the topic of mens general grooming... i had a bachelorette party last year and we went on a stripper cruise. Their shaved bodies looked fabulous (pause to indulge in the memory.... and.... back into the story) but the prickliness was yuck.

:lol:

I'm also in the 'he can do as he pleases' camp. On the flip side, my SO would prefer if I did NOT shave my armpits. But he is also happy for me to do as I please, which I appreciate!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1395903037|3642154 said:
TooPatient|1395899509|3642138 said:

I didn't want to know :lol:

Every now and then I wish I'd found out... I mean I've never gotten an infection even when I was younger and maybe not as good at replacing razors as is sanitary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results