shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on this pink sapphire?

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
Pretty color, but looks like it could be similar to the pink sapphire I just ordered and returned - brilliance in a "doughnut" around the outside and a big dead area in the center. Could be a window, hard to tell from the pic but the seller pic on mine looked just like that and it turned out to be a big 'ole window.
Also not sure about those grey areas. Just my 2 cents!
Good luck!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like it has a huge window and the culet is off center.

RedSpinel

Shiny_Rock
I like pink sapphires, but I am leery of the term "Songea sapphire". Its is a region or town where they are mined, but most sapphires I have seen from that area are definitely treated to get their colors. usually Be treated. Whether this is a real pink sapphire is unknown, but in my humble opinion it isnt very pretty, its got some obvious inclusions, its gonna be very small, the cutting seems uneven, and its too expensive with all those issues taken into consideration. But its all about what you like, not what I, or anyone else likes. However, I think it can be said with 100% certainty that you can definitely find a better pink sapphire for about the same money of you look around. I personally wouldnt buy a 1/3 carat sapphire, because sapphires are naturally dense, which means you dont get much stone for your money to begin with, and a 1/3ct sapphire is going to be very small. Its almost too small to be a center stone in most settings. But mostly, I regress back to my earlier comments about its appearance.

Do what you feel is best, but I would wait and find a prettier stone, and for $125 you should definitely be able to find a better 1/3 ct sapphire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results