shape
carat
color
clarity

Any input on this early Art Deco?

Sean425

Rough_Rock
Hi I'm just looking for some input on this ring, it's age perhaps value or anything you can tell me about it. It has a Gia.

J
Vvs2
2.01 ct
Slightly symmetrical with very good polish

I was told it was from the 1920s. What do you think?

Thanks!

_3948.jpg

_3949.jpg

_3950.jpg

_3951.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can check with Old World Diamonds and Jewels by Erica Grace for comparable stones. I found a 2.03 J VS1 (EGL) for $16,824 at Old World Diamonds and a 2.07 I VS2 (EGL) for $18,500 at Jewels by Erica Grace (just to give you an idea). This diamond would probably command an even higher price because of the GIA grading. EGL is known to be soft on grading, so I think it's great this stone has a GIA report - you can be really certain of what you have!

The setting looks vintage to my eye - I think the 20's or 30's is reasonable. I think it is a really gorgeous ring!

Oh, and a GIA J is really nice! Many of these old cuts are higher in color.

Sean425

Rough_Rock
That definitely helps junebug

It's being advertised for $24000 from leigh jay nacht.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1361731005|3389294 said:
You can check with Old World Diamonds and Jewels by Erica Grace for comparable stones. I found a 2.03 J VS1 (EGL) for $16,824 at Old World Diamonds and a 2.07 I VS2 (EGL) for $18,500 at Jewels by Erica Grace (just to give you an idea). This diamond would probably command an even higher price because of the GIA grading. EGL is known to be soft on grading, so I think it's great this stone has a GIA report - you can be really certain of what you have!

The setting looks vintage to my eye - I think the 20's or 30's is reasonable. I think it is a really gorgeous ring!

Oh, and a GIA J is really nice! Many of these old cuts are higher in color.

I agree with Junebug. I'm not a huge fan of the diamond but I really do like the setting and agree it is probably orginal. I wouldn't pay 24k for it though even with the GIA grading. For that pricing you can purchase a diamond online and have someone make the setting custom for probably cheaper.

Sean425

Rough_Rock
Just curious, What do you not like about the diamond? I'm really new to this.....

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The facet pattern isn't very appealing.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty setting the diamond has an ordinary cut pattern and borderline fisheye. You can do better in a stone for that price.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree. I am particularly fond of Art Deco jewelry and have a collection myself. I too think it is beautiful but agree that the diamond is not that good, the cut does not look very good and the table looks flat, perhaps you got a narrow stone but again this is to be expected as most Art Deco diamonds are really not cut very well and colors are lower as well as clarity. It depends on what you are looking for but I still find the price high as well. About the color I think the person that said you usually find higher color from this period meant lower color, J is not bad at all, everything is fine except I am not hot on the cut and find the price too high as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results