shape
carat
color
clarity

To repolish or leave alone? French cut parcel

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I spoke with Ari today and he and I discussed my options for moving forward. Right now, I am leaning toward selling 5-7 stones from the band I had made. He advised not to take the band a part until I had a buyer. A few of the stones have acquired little flea bites from the last jeweler. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: There aren't enough of these little emoticons for how I feel about this.

I won't be repolishing mine because they are minor and the plan for my ring is a five stone bezel with the remaining stones.
I spoke with Gemfever and she used a friend of a friend to have hers repolished. I can try to do this before posting for sale. It would cost $50-75 ish each stone to repolish. Would you sell as is? Or would you rehab the stones and then sell?

If I do go for repolish, who would you use?

Thanks!!!

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
IMO-- I don't think the return would necessarily warrant the investment. I'd just sell as is. I am sorry to hear about the damage from the jeweler.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
sorry to hear this.
I think I would leave and sell as is....a buyer may prefer to bezel them as well. I'm not sure you'd really widen the audience or obtain a better return with a re-polish on the stones.
good luck with the project. I look forward to seeing your ring!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
This is what Ari recommended. He said it was minor and the risk and cost wouldn't be worth it. From his perspective though, Singlestone wouldn't just polish out the little nicks. It would be almost a recut ($250/diamond) if they did it because they would make them perfectly symmetrical. IDK...I think ya'll are right. Still not worth it if it was just a quick polish.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I'd leave them be.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ditto the suggestions to leave alone. To me, its not worth both the cost and risk.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results