shape
carat
color
clarity

This is news?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching the news this AM and they are interviewing Miss Piggy and even had people write in to ask her questions. I can't believe I'm watching the news and THIS is news. She's a freaking puppet! What about real news? You know-stuff that is actually affecting our lives?

Am I the only one who finds this pathetic? A puppet being interviewed to help promote a movie? Since when is the news to promote movies any how?

Don't get me started on how they follow certain peoples 'tweets' and other stuff that we shouldn't even give a second glace-let alone any time on the news.

I mean I don't have very high standards when it comes to the news but Miss Piggy really threw me for a loop. Come on! Does society really care/want to know so this is now deemed newsworthy? I think my IQ just dropped a bit :???: :shock:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, the news on tv is not really news anymore. It's *light* news and even when they "report" on real news issues I find it lacking. It's not objectively reported the way it should be. I like to read a variety of papers from different perspectives (liberal and conservative) on my kindle to get a cross section of the news and varying opinions so hopefully the mix gives me a more objective POV. I cannot rely on network news to give me anything too concrete or hard hitting. Though I do watch CNN and Fox news to get the wide range of views.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe it's a good sign that World War 3 hasn't broken out. Miss Piggy and Celebrity Armpit Hair on the front page means that the Pacific Rim of Fire monster quake & tsunami or the next great nuclear power plant disaster didn't occur today.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to your trip down the rabbit hole.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the armpits one. Just figured it wasn't worth my time to post about but I'm glad you pointed it out.

And the rabbit hole is something I've been down quite a long time-but I haven't even bothered talking to most people about it. Most are still asleep and in denial. I know I'm not crazy though :bigsmile:

Sky: I think WWIII could break out and the news still wouldn't report it. Or would report it but not admit it is what it is. :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results