shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1395713930|3640760 said:
Did we discuss this already?? What brand you like, what didn't work out?

Love OPI except the last three bottles from the Brazil collection were thick and gooey.
Love Sally Hansen triple shine, hate Sally Hansen quick dry; again goofy and thick.
Essie is just ok, a little thin.
I looked at Zoya yesterday, not much selection.
I LOVE the Butter London selection but for the price staying power is not great.
Bought revlon and it was junk.
Most of my collection is OPI and Essie. OPI lasts longer and has more consistent quality. Essie can be hit or miss. I can usually go for 4-5 days without chips with Essie, 5-6 with OPI.
I love my A England polishes. The formulas are amazing. They go on very well and last a week.
I like Zoya colors but the formulas I tried so far are very streaky and chip quickly. The best Zoya color I have is Rue.
I have 1 Wet'n'Wild color. It was surprisingly good for 99c polish.
Years ago, I bought a set of Dior minis, which were very good. The full sizes are a lot more than I want to spend on nail polish.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I love OPI but they smell for at least 2 days, and I can't stand it.
Essie is too watery and streaky for the lighter colors, and some of the creams can be very thick. I haven't had any luck with it.
I've tried other brands but most have a really bad smell so I stopped buying them.
Zoya is my favorite brand because the smell doesn't linger, and they last forever on me. My nails usually grow out 2mm before they start chipping. Some formulas are thicker than the others. My favorite ones are: Blaze, Sookie, and Mickey for my toes. Their metallic formulas and the holographics are best. The ones with the shimmer but are mostly opaque are harder to apply.

I'm way behind in posting pics, so here are a bunch of them. I'm currently wearing Daul.

nails_zoya_daul.jpg

nails_zoya_zuza_2.jpeg

nails_zoya_zuza.jpeg

nails_zoya_noot.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1395760385|3641023 said:
Essie is too watery and streaky for the lighter colors, and some of the creams can be very thick. I haven't had any luck with it.
I've tried other brands but most have a really bad smell so I stopped buying them.
Zoya is my favorite brand because the smell doesn't linger, and they last forever on me. My nails usually grow out 2mm before they start chipping. Some formulas are thicker than the others. My favorite ones are: Blaze, Sookie, and Mickey for my toes. Their metallic formulas and the holographics are best. The ones with the shimmer but are mostly opaque are harder to apply.

I'm way behind in posting pics, so here are a bunch of them. I'm currently wearing Daul.

You have gorgeous nails ForteKitty! :love:
And I would also like to wish you many congratulations on your marriage! I just read about it on another thread and wanted to wish you all the best for happiness and health in your newly married life. It's amazing when you are with the right person and I am so happy for you that you found your soulmate. :apple:

ETA: that ring you are wearing is amazing :love: ...do you have a thread on it?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty|1395760385|3641023 said:

Do you buy Zoya online or is there a retailer? I'm seeing a couple colors I'd like to try. It's suppose to rain all week, so it's fine if I have to order online. Nobody will see my toes till the sun comes back out. :D

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
kefira|1395646742|3640290 said:
It looks like corals are popular this week. Unfortunately mine photo'd kinda orange, but it's more like a neon coral IRL. Happy Spring, everyone!

e.l.f. Mango Madness with Electric Pink accent nail:

Pretty colors, Kefira. Cute kitties, too :))

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thanks Missy!! :wavey: :bigsmile: The "ring" is just an empty setting with a lab ruby sitting in it, not set. I was testing out colors on my phone and got a really accurate picture of how the nails and the stone looks!

MC- I order online. I got most of the colors when there's a big sale, like their Earth Day special that's 50% off. I also got the black friday free 12 polish gift set deal, so they end up being very reasonably priced. I will say that if you like two colors that look almost the same online, they probably look the same in person. I gave away about 15 bottles that have twins. Google the colors and see if someone has blogged about them, and pick one, or else you'd end up with 20 bottles of reds and pinks! (different finishes, of course ;)) )

kefira

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty, Daul looks awesome. Really, really pretty.

star sparkle, that Essie polish looks beautiful with your skin tone. Same goes for that mauve on Tanzigrrl.

Thanks, MC! I should start incorporating those kitties into my nail shots. They cuddle approximately 92.3% of the time. :) I like your kittycat as well - such pretty eyes.

New week, new color, although not that different from last time. I'm on a bright color kick.

AprilBaby|1395713930|3640760 said:
Did we discuss this already?? What brand you like, what didn't work out?

I love my Mineral Fusion polishes. I think those are my favorites as of now.
OPI polishes are very nice, but I'm not purchasing them anymore (vegan reasons).
I have one No Miss polish, which I love. I haven't seen them in any local shops since I moved to SF, so I'll have to order online if I want more.
The rest of my polishes are e.l.f. I started with a pack of mini bottles, liked them, so I bought some full size on a 50% sale (so $1/bottle). I haven't tried many yet; we'll see how they go.

I haven't been back into nail polish for very long, so I haven't tried many brands lately.

partypeach.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see what you think of E.L.F. Thinking about trying Flower by Drew Barrymore.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting back on the Sally Hansen. Five days in and it's wearing pretty well! At least as well as any of the other brands I've tried, and better than some. The real color was SIGNIFICANTLY more pinky-pink than the sample.

_16202.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is the lilac I had on the week before. I think this one is a Red Carpet color.

_16203.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience with ELF polishes was negative. They chipped the same day so have been relegated to using them as quick mend for snags and holes in tights. Disappointing given how much I like their other products.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the report on elf. Was thinking of buying today but haven't gone shopping yet.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
That's too bad, baby monster. My experience hasn't had chipping issues, I have more of an issue with the brushes they use. The mini bottles I got have round brushes (rather than the oblong shape that most polishes have) that are a bit too flexible. They don't hold a lot of paint, so I found it a bit difficult to get coverage. I liked the colors though, so I tried some full sizes. They have normal (oblong) brushes, but they are still no where near the fullness of, say, an OPI brush.They seem to work ok, but my favorites I have tried so far have been the shimmer and glitter top coats (that's how I use them, anyway). I bought pretty much all of those, so if anyone wants to see photos, I can arrange that. :)

Has anyone tried SpaRitual? Sorry if I missed anyone mentioning them. I spotted them last time I was at Ulta, and their stuff looks gorgeous, and really pretty packaging (always a bonus).

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
YSL beige leger.

I love fool proof wide brushes. Rimmel and YSL are my favorite brands. Although I love many Essie colors, their brush drives me crazy. I usually end up with ugly streaky paints. I hope Rimmel and YSL release more new colors.

_16239.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1395790002|3641325 said:
I will say that if you like two colors that look almost the same online, they probably look the same in person. I gave away about 15 bottles that have twins. Google the colors and see if someone has blogged about them, and pick one, or else you'd end up with 20 bottles of reds and pinks! (different finishes, of course ;)) )
Ha, this prompted me to look at my polishes. I apparently really like coral since I bought 4 pretty much the same color in different brands. I pretty much have the same array of reds but with bit more variety in colors and finishes. :lol:

20140327_122254_1_.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally Hansen triple shine "Play Koi". I think my cheapie Sally Hansen is best. My expensive butter London chipped by 24 hrs. Sally usually lasts 5-7 days.
Thanks for the Zoya tip, I ordered the trio! Just my colors!!!!

_16304.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1395937921|3642333 said:
I will say that if you like two colors that look almost the same online, they probably look the same in person. I gave away about 15 bottles that have twins. Google the colors and see if someone has blogged about them, and pick one, or else you'd end up with 20 bottles of reds and pinks! (different finishes, of course ;)) )
Ha, this prompted me to look at my polishes. I apparently really like coral since I bought 4 pretty much the same color in different brands. I pretty much have the same array of reds but with bit more variety in colors and finishes. :lol:

What's the zoya color? I actually don't have a coral one yet!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1396047531|3643178 said:
baby monster|1395937921|3642333 said:

What's the zoya color? I actually don't have a coral one yet!
Maya. I posted a pic on previous page.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Essie. Style Hunter. This is from spring mini cube I bought couple weeks ago. Perfect spring red that was very easy to apply.

20140331_092432-1.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1396275859|3644259 said:
Essie. Style Hunter. This is from spring mini cube I bought couple weeks ago. Perfect spring red that was very easy to apply.

I just wore that one yesterday - it's so lovely!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1396277611|3644286 said:
baby monster|1396275859|3644259 said:

I just wore that one yesterday - it's so lovely!
Agree. I'm loving how it looks on the nails.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally Hansen Reef-Raf. My last SH polish came off today after 8 days no chips! Waiting for my Zoya pkg!!!!

_16495.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Wearing Misa Flutter and Feather. Has the typical glitter roughness to it -- like a liquid sand polish. It's pretty enough, but I wish it was smooth.

_16496.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a texture polish would drive me nuts!!!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling South Beachy... wearing Maybelline Color Show 'Orange Fix'.

20140405_154511.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My free Zoya flowie

_16731.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Essie. Jamaica Me Crazy.

20140414_085543-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results