shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Stacked Wedding Rings!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl - I am in drool heaven! Makes me want a coloured stacker to go with my set! I would size up your pear & wear them that way forever :love:

Beautiful new rings everyone! Delicious!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl - I am in drool heaven! Makes me want a coloured stacker to go with my set! I would size up your pear & wear them that way forever :love:

Beautiful new rings everyone! Delicious!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Alex T|1395136629|3636318 said:
Gothgrrl - STUNNING! What are the details of that baguette eternity? Its looks beautiful! But do you not miss your lovely pear? Throw that on as well & take me another picture!!

Roxy - I love your rings whichever way you wear them, but I have to admit the oval does stand out more at the end rather than in the middle. This is what I find with my pear: when its stacked or sandwiched, the sparkles all kind of mingle into one big sparkly mash. When I have the pear at the end or alone with just my plain wedding ring, it completely pops with its own identity & suddenly gets lots of comments from strangers.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it! I had never considered wearing my set this way before because I really am a nut for symmetry (I'm a total nerd :)) ), but DH is loving the way it pushes my oval forward (he's a bit of a nerd too :bigsmile: ).

I'm surprised that you don't get compliments on your rings EVERY DAY for goodnes sakes!! They're beautiful! I think my set gets noticed so much because of the insane sparkle from the H&A melee (they're 6 pointers) and the fact that they're also on the underside of my hand. When I'm talking to someone, they're always staring at my left hand and I find myself trying to slip it underneath tables, counters, etc just so I can make eye contact LOL :lol:! It's a fun problem to have though, heehee.

Oh, and I also keep my rings super clean, so there's minimal dirt/grease/grime on my oval. I kept my prior pre-PS set super clean as well, and I found that it really made a difference in showing off the center stone at its best. I don't care how large of a stone someone has, if it just sits there I seriously never notice it, but the fire from the tiniest of stones will catch my eye every single time.

Thanks again for your feedback Alex! Back to enjoying all of the gorgeous stacks on this thread ... I just LOVE all of the pics!!!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Nyc2chigal|1395160471|3636505 said:
Roxy|1395131839|3636304 said:
I showed DH this thread with all of your creative combinations, and now he wants me to try wearing my rings w/ both eternity bands on one side of the ering (instead of having one on each side of the ering).

I don't see where this configuration will look very much different from my symmetrical config. But DH thinks that by having the two bands behind my ering, the oval center stone has more of a presence.

I'm posting both pics just to see if there's a difference. I admit that IRL just this small change has changed the ring's personality on my finger because they're reacting to light, etc very differently in this new configuration. And the center stone is singled out much more now, so who knew that small changes in the order of our stacks can lead to major changes in how the rings are perceived!

This is fun!! Next thing I know, I'm going to be on the hunt for micropave bands that I can throw into the mix LOL :lol: :lol: !

It's sweet that your DH is sharing his opinion!!
I'll be honest, both ways look nice! You can go both ways depending on your mood :)

Thank you SO much!! My hubby gets more of a kick out of people's reactions to my rings than I do sometimes, so this "new" idea of his just had me shaking my head and smiling. He really is a sweetheart :)) !

By the way, your 3-stone cushion is just DIVINE!!!! Absolutely beautiful ring :love: :love: :love: !

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Roxy, you are very kind! I think you should wear your rings however YOU want. They are beautiful :lickout:

Is great to have your husbands input though! I am always all over the place with my thoughts about mine. I absolutely love the look of the pear with just the plain wedding ring, because the new pear setting was designed to mirror the wedding band, so I love their symmetry (I am also a bit OCD about clean lines!) But my eternity is very precious & was rammed on my swollen finger the day after our second daughter was born & our family was complete, so it kind of feels like belongs there. The pear does get lost a bit next to the eternity, but it has been designed to sit pointing away from it further down my finger, so its fat end isn't overhanging the eternity. This minimizes the sparkly mash-up to a degree! I am also obsessed about cleaning them. They get toothbrushed & put in the ultrasonic at least once a week, sometimes twice. The eternity was getting grubby as its hard to clean inside the setting, but it had a good going over at the jewelers & now I make sure I get the brush bristles right inside & give them a wiggle before it goes in the cleaner. The difference is amazing! And the disgusting bits that are always floating in the water afterwards never cease to amaze me :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Motown, you are absolutely my stacking hero!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
awwwww shucks! Thanks!

marym

Shiny_Rock
Love all the stacks ladies!

I thought I would join the party too. I have a new sapphire eternity that I got to represent my daughter whose birth stone is sapphire. I love how they all look together. :tongue:

234rr.jpg

ere23.jpg

afdsf67.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the combo - marym!!!!

marym

Shiny_Rock
Thanks motownmama!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Motownmama, you are definitely the queen of stacks in my book too!! Your first picture had me cracking up :D! Do we have a thread for the most "unique" pictures on PS, you'd have to win with this one, I love it!!!!

Mrs_A

Rough_Rock
Muluver|1392082436|3612380 said:
I only had 2 bands until last week but I added two more to my collection so I've been playing around with different combinations.
My original 2 are the French cut and OEC eternity from single stone and Tiffany shared prong.
The new ones are baguette 2/3 eternity and plain band with milgrain from the etsy shop ravens refuge.
All four bands are platinum

Hi Muluver

I'm loving your milgrain platinum band from Ravens Refuge. Would you telling me it's specifications? Is it the standard 1.5mm x 1mm from their etsy shop?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs_A|1398450282|3659968 said:
I only had 2 bands until last week but I added two more to my collection so I've been playing around with different combinations.
My original 2 are the French cut and OEC eternity from single stone and Tiffany shared prong.
The new ones are baguette 2/3 eternity and plain band with milgrain from the etsy shop ravens refuge.

Hi Muluver

I'm loving your milgrain platinum band from Ravens Refuge. Would you telling me it's specifications? Is it the standard 1.5mm x 1mm from their etsy shop?

Hi Mrs_A!
Thank you for your kind words! The band is actually a bit bigger than their standard stock ring. It was custom ordered so that it would look more substantial stacked with the other bands. Its specifics according to the order summary are "platinum 950, 1.8mm wide x 1.5mm thick, domed profile, milgrain edges in satin finish"

Hope this helps!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my Victor Canera french cut and single cut pave bands:

vc_stack.jpg

img_4013_-_version_6.jpg

Mrs_A

Rough_Rock
Muluver|1398473936|3660247 said:
Mrs_A|1398450282|3659968 said:

Hi Muluver

Hi Mrs_A!
Thank you for your kind words! The band is actually a bit bigger than their standard stock ring. It was custom ordered so that it would look more substantial stacked with the other bands. Its specifics according to the order summary are "platinum 950, 1.8mm wide x 1.5mm thick, domed profile, milgrain edges in satin finish"

Hope this helps!

It does indeed! I have just ordered a 1.5mm x 1.3mm version in white gold from them. I have been looking for a place which sold white gold wedding bands with milgrain less than 3mm since I got engaged!!! In the end I had to settle for 3mm version because all the jewellers that I spoke to here (in the UK) told me that they couldn't possibly milgrain on anything thinner.

I am hoping this thinner version will enable me to start my own stack on my finger (which has limited finger space).

Some of you ladies on this forum are clearly blessed with beautiful long fingers that enable you to show off your stacks to full effect! Thank you all for sharing your amazing pictures. Keep them coming!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Theren - I do love your set. I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I see it :love:

Mom2boys - classy all the way. Simple & elegant :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Theren, I love your stack and your nails. Is that color 'butler please' by Essie? :appl:

luvsparklies

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
What a fun thread! I've been enjoying perusing all of the beautiful stacks...I thought I would add mine. I only wear 3 at most together, but thought I'd take a picture all together. Usually I will do the larger diamond eternity band with my e-ring. I am the worst photo taker of jewelry, and it was on my cell, so I apologize for the quality.

Some details:
the first and last bands are matching diamond eternity
gold beads - local jeweler
Simon G diamond eternity platinum
platinum eternity baguette channel set
Sheldon Speyer diamond and sapphire platinum eternity
Lana echo white gold ring
diamond platinum eternity - local jeweler

super fuzzy pic of e-ring is Michael B paris setting with asscher

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Here's my current stack - although I have lots of diamond and metal stacking rings, so I can create lots of different combos

10259969_10203204777895956_750586997472434522_3.jpg

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My stack featuring my dainty newly acquired, ebay found, 2mm eternity band! Woo! I have a stack now! photo-8_3.jpg
I'd love to add an antique orange blossom band to this, but they have gotten SO much more expensive lately!

theren

Rough_Rock
Alex T|1398688527|3661717 said:
Theren - I do love your set. I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I see it :love:

Mom2boys - classy all the way. Simple & elegant :appl:
Thank you

derbygal|1398898249|3663897 said:
Theren, I love your stack and your nails. Is that color 'butler please' by Essie? :appl:
Is actually stormy nights by amway!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results