shape
carat
color
clarity

If you die tomorrow what will you regret the most?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smell … Oh, and the sound of munching maggots.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leaving my special someone behind and our paths had not crossed sooner.

DK :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not spending enough time with my kids.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Letting the last 2 years of trying for another child consume me. I've missed moments with my husband and my son (almost 3) because I was just in a horrible place. It's starting to get better but I know I could've been a better mom and a better wife and I definitely regret that :(

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A year or so ago, I was in my elevator and it dropped two stories unexpectedly.

The only thing I remember thinking was my son's name and, "not ready." I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's probably going to be the case for a while.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Circe said:
A year or so ago, I was in my elevator and it dropped two stories unexpectedly.

The only thing I remember thinking was my son's name and, "not ready." I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's probably going to be the case for a while.
Oh my gosh-how scary! I am so glad you are ok!!!

I am sure I sound like a broken record, but I would most regret time I have missed out on spending with my husband and daughters.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1395250160|3637377 said:
missy|1395220456|3637140 said:
Not having enough time with my loved ones especially my husband. I met my dh in my early 30's and I want to grow old with him and recently it has been on my mind that this might not be possible. Life has a way of happening in ways we don't always expect or want.

This is my biggest desire. The main thing that I hope for-that my dh and I can grow old together in relative health and happiness. I love him with all my heart and never thought I would be so crazy in love with someone but there you have it.

But with great love come greater risks and that is the risk of losing your great love. So what I would regret most would be not getting to spend enough time with my dh. Life happens so fast.

Sorry to be so morbid so early in the morning but you asked DF.

Dancing Fire- answer your own question now. We want to know what would your greatest regret be? Though I think I can guess...and it has something to do with not seeing your darling daughters get married and have children of their own. Am I right?

Jesus, missy. I love every word of your post. It got me teary-eyed. It's thoughts of this type of love, at this type of magnitude, that I need and want in my life. Money can't buy it.

(((Hugs))) Madelise. I hope it was a happy teary eyed. It's so true-money cannot buy the most important things in life- love and health... And I wish that kind of love (and good health) for all my PS friends!!!

siamese3 said:
I would have to echo Missy's post. I would miss not having more time with my DH. We didn't get married until we were both 40 and we celebrated our 10 year last year.He has changed my life is so many amazingly positive ways. I never knew what it was to be truly loved and accepted by another until I met him. To this day, I don't really like being away from him for even a day. He really grounds me and it makes me happy just to be with him. He has chronic pain issues and other chronic health problems and as we age, I constantly think about & fear one of us without the other.

Siamese, I can relate. Love makes us so vulnerable...I hope your dh's chronic pain issues and other health problems improve greatly with time.

aljdewey said:
I'm right there with Missy and Siamese - I didn't meet DH until shortly before I turned 37, and I'd long retired any thoughts of marriage.

He totally took me by surprise, and he is *that* person who actually admires and appreciates the very things about me that others criticize or find intimidating.

I had imagined what it would feel like to be married to the right person and loved, but the reality of being loved like that way eclipses what I'd imagined. It's so much more encompassing and powerful than I'd even imagined.

Having waited so long to find that, though, has made me acutely aware (almost like a nagging dread) that it could be gone in an instant if something happens to one of us, and the thought of that sometimes makes it hard to breathe. I'm pushing 49, and hub just turned 45, and I'm so conscious of how quickly time is FLYING by. In what feels like the blink of an eye, we're already approaching our 10th wedding anniversary. 20 or 30 more years with him just doesn't feel like enough, and those are far from guaranteed either.

It's even more than just an abstract concept to me; my friend's 45-year old husband died when she was just 37. They'd just celebrated their 10th anniversary a month before learning his cancer had metastasized, and he died within months. Witnessing her profound sadness is like having a foreboding, front row preview seat of the thing I most fear.

It creeps up on me in little moments -- things like concentrating on how it feels when he's hugging me so I can recall the feeling if he's not here to hug me at some point. It's taken conscious effort to push these thoughts to the background so I don't let them become more important than the present moment. It's a regular self-calibration to remind myself that right now, everything is fine and the more important thing is to stay in the now.

Alj, your post resonates strongly with me. I am so sorry about your friend's terrible loss. That is my biggest fear. My heart goes out to her.

And OMG time is flying by way too fast. Even as I am living the day hour by hour it seems to be flying by. I don't know how it speeded up the way it did but damn, it's scary to think that before we know it...and like you I am trying hard to live in the here and now and enjoy each moment with my dh instead of constantly looking ahead to what might be. For me that has become even more important as I face some health challenges and the future just feels that much more unknown whereas before I was *sure* we were going to spend our golden years together now I have to keep pushing back thoughts that are not as constructive or healthy. I am truly grateful for all that my dh and I have-mainly that we have each other.Enjoy each day to the fullest because tomorrow is promised to no one.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
If i died tomorrow i would regret not having kids. I'm 25 and recently married (together 8 years) and I'm really looking forward to motherhood, to feeling a new life kicking inside me and holding him/her for the first time, spending time together as a family. I feel so incomplete.

We're being responsible and waiting until we move to a bigger city in the near future, find new jobs there and buy a house. But if i died tomorrow i would regret not just doing it

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results