color
clarity

What Does Your SO TEASE You About?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1395259244|3637470 said:
missy|1395181685|3636791 said:
My sense of direction (lack of that is).
The way I make up words/phrases aka Missyisms.
All I can think of right now though I am sure there is more. :cheeky:

My husband's the same way!

Oh, I thought of another one. I'm notoriously early for everything. You know how certain people are always late for things? You may tell them to be somewhere earlier than when you really want them to arrive? Yeah, I'm the opposite. This drives my husband crazy.

Haha, me too Zoe! Though it doesn't drive my dh crazy because he respects promptness as well though he is not as anal about it as I am lol.

And I thought of another thing that my dh teases me about. My lack of technological expertise. Last night he was teaching his environmental law class so I was on my own and my computer got stuck in an update and froze. Nothing I was trying was working. I have a macbook air relatively new (Dec 2013) and I didn't know how to do a hard reset.

I googled how on another of our computers and spent over an hour trying to understand it without any luck. I made an appointment for my dh at the genius bar for the next morning (he would take it in on his way to work) thinking I was being proactive before my dh got home so he would have an appointment to help me get it fixed. I mean I was sure there was no fixing this issue on our own because I had spent so much time trying to figure it out last night before my dh got home from class.

Anyway my dh gets home and I explained what was happening and he takes my computer and holds down a button (that I had previously hit but didn't realize it had to be held down) and voilà it was fixed. In the blink of an eye. Hahaha. Pathetic I know but funny enough (to us) to override my pathetic lack of knowledge in this area.

Anyway this morning he was using his computer (that I had been on last night when my computer froze) and came across my google searches. Searches like, help my macbook air is frozen and how do I do a hard reset etc. It was pretty hilarious. Maybe you had to be there. :lol:

Another thing he teases me about is my inability to recognize people (that I don't know very well) out of context. It was frustrating to him in the beginning of our relationship/courtship because he would introduce me to his friends/acquaintances and it would take me quite a bit of time (years) to remember who they were. I am talking about people I only saw once or twice a year at parties for short periods of time though. Not good friends by any means but still. I think I have a mild case of that genetic disorder involving the inability to recognize faces out of context until a lot of exposure to that person. It is real and it is a challenge at times. But hahaha it makes for funny stories. :bigsmile:

OK now I have succeeded in making myself look pretty pathetic but there you have it. :oops: Somehow my dh loves me anyway!

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1395409377|3638692 said:

Oh, I thought of another one. I'm notoriously early for everything. You know how certain people are always late for things? You may tell them to be somewhere earlier than when you really want them to arrive? Yeah, I'm the opposite. This drives my husband crazy.

Haha, me too Zoe! Though it doesn't drive my dh crazy because he respects promptness as well though he is not as anal about it as I am lol.

And I thought of another thing that my dh teases me about. My lack of technological expertise. Last night he was teaching his environmental law class so I was on my own and my computer got stuck in an update and froze. Nothing I was trying was working. I have a macbook air relatively new (Dec 2013) and I didn't know how to do a hard reset.

I googled how on another of our computers and spent over an hour trying to understand it without any luck. I made an appointment for my dh at the genius bar for the next morning (he would take it in on his way to work) thinking I was being proactive before my dh got home so he would have an appointment to help me get it fixed. I mean I was sure there was no fixing this issue on our own because I had spent so much time trying to figure it out last night before my dh got home from class.

Anyway my dh gets home and I explained what was happening and he takes my computer and holds down a button (that I had previously hit but didn't realize it had to be held down) and voilà it was fixed. In the blink of an eye. Hahaha. Pathetic I know but funny enough (to us) to override my pathetic lack of knowledge in this area.

Anyway this morning he was using his computer (that I had been on last night when my computer froze) and came across my google searches. Searches like, help my macbook air is frozen and how do I do a hard reset etc. It was pretty hilarious. Maybe you had to be there. :lol:

Another thing he teases me about is my inability to recognize people (that I don't know very well) out of context. It was frustrating to him in the beginning of our relationship/courtship because he would introduce me to his friends/acquaintances and it would take me quite a bit of time (years) to remember who they were. I am talking about people I only saw once or twice a year at parties for short periods of time though. Not good friends by any means but still. I think I have a mild case of that genetic disorder involving the inability to recognize faces out of context until a lot of exposure to that person. It is real and it is a challenge at times. But hahaha it makes for funny stories. :bigsmile:

OK now I have succeeded in making myself look pretty pathetic but there you have it. :oops: Somehow my dh loves me anyway!

If it means anything missy, this is the first PS post I actually laughed out loud at.
The best part to me was calling to make a appointment. And the next day, LMAO.

My FI makes fun of my nerdiness. My brother told her a story about how I said wanted to be a paleontologist, and he didn't even know what that word meant (hes 3 years older than me). So whenever I do or say something nerdy, her response is "I want to be a paleontologist!" in a kids voice.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
-My constant need to check the locks on the doors before we go to bed
-my inability to get the shopping cart on the track (our grocery has that inclined walkway, with the grooves for the shopping carts so they don't race forward, or backward)
-my irrationally active bladder on long car rides :(sad

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
The number of times I've changed my settings! And that I've named my SUV :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb03Bride|1395432019|3638963 said:
The number of times I've changed my settings! And that I've named my SUV :cheeky:

Doesn't everybody? We have named all our cars and bicycles for that matter! :))

blackprophet said:
missy|1395409377|3638692 said:

If it means anything missy, this is the first PS post I actually laughed out loud at.
The best part to me was calling to make a appointment. And the next day, LMAO.

My FI makes fun of my nerdiness. My brother told her a story about how I said wanted to be a paleontologist, and he didn't even know what that word meant (hes 3 years older than me). So whenever I do or say something nerdy, her response is "I want to be a paleontologist!" in a kids voice.

That makes it worth posting IMO then. :wavey: Glad I could give you a chuckle. Goodness knows we can never get too many of those!
And I think paleontology is very cool. Was there a specific subdiscipline you were interested in?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results