shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to purchase Russian Demantoid?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is the review, return and refund policy of the company? Minou is correct that the video is nothing more than the same frontal view of the photograph other than some added wiggling around. I was expecting to see a slow rotation of the stone, turning 360 all around to see the cutting and dispersion. In short, the video provided no extra information that the 2 pictures did.

The risk with recuts, especially stones that are not clean (with horsetails) is that Jerry is unlikely to be able to recut it the way he would prefer, affecting the final size and colouration greatly. It also adds an element of risk that the stone may not handle recuts well due to the inclusions.

Anarkali

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1359982824|3371799 said:
How is the review, return and refund policy of the company? Minou is correct that the video is nothing more than the same frontal view of the photograph other than some added wiggling around. I was expecting to see a slow rotation of the stone, turning 360 all around to see the cutting and dispersion. In short, the video provided no extra information that the 2 pictures did.

The risk with recuts, especially stones that are not clean (with horsetails) is that Jerry is unlikely to be able to recut it the way he would prefer, affecting the final size and colouration greatly. It also adds an element of risk that the stone may not handle recuts well due to the inclusions.

Return accepted within 10 days upon registered delivery, refund will be given within 2 days after they've received the return. I do only find Positive information about them. WildsGlobalMinerals is the name of the company.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you get a full refund? I like the demantoid but agree that it is expensive for a non-Russian stone. It is very well cut though. Perhaps it is worth a look. I have heard good things about WGM even though I've never dealt with this company personally.

Anarkali

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1359983879|3371812 said:
Do you get a full refund? I like the demantoid but agree that it is expensive for a non-Russian stone. It is very well cut though. Perhaps it is worth a look. I have heard good things about WGM even though I've never dealt with this company personally.

Yes, and I mainly want a Russian Demantoid, but the pictures of this Namibian did catch my eyes. But when watching the VIDEO, it looks very dull and got more a "mint-green-like" color to it. And doesn't look "intense" afterall. And I'd rather purchase a 1 carat Russian Demantoid for $7,500, instead of a 2.57 carat Namibian with dull looks. I will have to think about it couple of weeks. And when I've made up my mind, I'll post pictures of the Demantoid I choosed to purchase, if any..

Thank you very much for your time and help! :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe OTL bought hers from them as well. Hopefully, hers will arrive very soon and she will share some pics as well. :))

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Here it is! My Russian demantoid has arrived, safe and solid.

In different threads on this forum I read that due to its low hardness (6.5), Demantoid is not very recommended to be set in rings. Can anyone share your other than rings treasures: earrings, pendants, brooches, bracelets? Actually the stone itself is so beautiful, that even without any setting it makes me happy when I look at it :) By the way if someone asked me to describe its color I would say it is like a bright green traffic light :mrgreen:

24-01-2-1-700x700.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That is amazing - demantoid is one of my favourite stones. Please start a new thread with lots and lots of pics!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful demantoid.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I just drooled on myself.

There's also a nice one on litnon right now, 5 mm and looks like a fantastic rich green color. Want it badly, but don't have the moolah at the moment. Someone should buy it before I make a ridiculously bad financial decision.

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=9996

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Lovely demantoid, IrinaA. So glad you found what you wanted! There are a lot of vintage demantoid rings here: http://romanovrussia.com/page20.html. Certainly not for everyday wear & maybe best for Victorian ladies with servants, but somebody is still buying them. =) I like how they look in rose gold.

Nice color in the Litnon one too, DJ -- I like the cutting too. Can see why you're tempted to blow the bank on that.

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I received this one from litnon today

daemon.jpg

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
deskjockey|1395235660|3637214 said:
I just drooled on myself.

There's also a nice one on litnon right now, 5 mm and looks like a fantastic rich green color. Want it badly, but don't have the moolah at the moment. Someone should buy it before I make a ridiculously bad financial decision.

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=9996
Oh, yes, indeed it is beautiful! And VVS clarity, so rare! But, if the stone has horsetail, how can it be VVS?

I bought mine because I was attracted by its bright emerald-green color and fell in love with these magical frosty horsetails coming from the center. I paid $1150 for it, (5.86mm 0.97ct). Was it a good price, what do you think, honesty? Still not sure what affects the price/quality more: clarity or presence of nice horsetails (besides the color of course, as in this particular case I am talking about this rare emerald-green).

Another question, what do you think guys, should I send it to GIA/AGL to get a report? Maybe it is not worth for stones under 1ct? The report itself is quite expensive, especially if you want a confirmation of the origin.

Thanks to all!

Irina

Attaching more images of my stone.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JkqfmZK7FN4
The real color is indeed more emerald-ish than on photos and video.

24-01-2-4-700x700.jpg

_16025.jpg

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
irinaalexandrovna|1395305946|3637802 said:
Oh, yes, indeed it is beautiful! And VVS clarity, so rare! But, if the stone has horsetail, how can it be VVS?

I'm guessing because you need magnification to see them.

I really am in love with the horsetails on yours, though. I can't put my fingers on what they remind me off - maybe if a truffula tree was metallic and shiny? If it were me I'd pop it in a carefully made ring, because I'd want to look at it ALL the time (that's what I'll be doing with my little demantoid - it's not nearly as beautiful as yours but I want to be able to SEE it!).

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Irina, your stone is extremely beautiful. I think you got it for a excellent price too!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I purchased mine from gemfix.com years ago for around $4000. It is Russian and has an eye visible horsetail. It may be worthwhile to ask if they have stones that have not been listen online yet. The customer service is fantastic and they have a great return policy if the stone does not work out.

This is the ring I made with mine. You can make out the horsetail. It's the "C" shaped inclusion towards the middle right of the stone under the table.

img_5766.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

I'll add green is kind of hard to photograph for some reason. In person the green is a lot more saturated and more blue than yellow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As with just about all other coloured gemstones, the colour is what sets the price for demantoids. The colour that commands the highest price/ct are medium to medium dark tone, pure green with intense to vivid saturation. Any tint of yellow (modifying hue) or gray (desaturation) will bring the price down. Clarity and size also affects pricing. If the stone is stated as VVS, then I expect it to be eye clean and the horsetail only visible when louped.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1395324506|3637886 said:
Irina, your stone is extremely beautiful. I think you got it for a excellent price too!
+1

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
briolette|1395325433|3637897 said:
This is the ring I made with mine. You can make out the horsetail. It's the "C" shaped inclusion towards the middle right of the stone under the table.

Briolette,

What a great stone: bright, full of color, and the size is impressive! Do you wear your beautiful ring every day? Just wondering because Demantoid is known to be a soft stone (with hardness 6.5), so how is it durable in everyday use?

Are the prongs made of yellow gold?

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
Asking for help if anyone knows a reputable vendor to make a quality ring in rose gold. JamesAllen I mentioned earlier just replied to me saying that they are not working with rose gold and stones not purchased from them :wink2: .
Thanks!

irinaalexandrovna

Rough_Rock
deskjockey|1395323298|3637872 said:
I really am in love with the horsetails on yours, though. I can't put my fingers on what they remind me off - maybe if a truffula tree was metallic and shiny? If it were me I'd pop it in a carefully made ring, because I'd want to look at it ALL the time (that's what I'll be doing with my little demantoid - it's not nearly as beautiful as yours but I want to be able to SEE it!).
Liked your metaphor about the truffula tree, deskjockey. Thank you and thanks to all who posted their replies :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irina,
I would be extremely selective as to who I would use to set a demantoid; most benches are used to setting harder stones like diamonds and sapphires. I would also discuss the risk of damage to the stone, responsibility for the damage and insurance with the bench.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono (or anyone), do you have any specific recommendations on that front? I've been sitting on my little demantoid for a while, but would like to get it set at some point in the next few months. I have a couple people picked out for inquiry because I see they have demantoids in their selection, but I'm not sure that's enough to go on.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Irina and others: your demantoids are stunning. I can't wait until you have them set.

LD: if you happen back, what other origins are you seeing horsetails from?

OTL: how did yours work out? Is it as beautiful as it looked?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh, so different material, but same effect. Interesting. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results