shape
carat
color
clarity

What Does Your SO TEASE You About?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Because of my avid enthusiasm for fast cars*, my DH teases me by saying that he wishes he'd known he was marrying a teenage boy. :lol: We have a good laugh, and it lightens the mood.

I tease DH constantly, about lots of things. It's kind of a continuum . . . :bigsmile:

What does your SO tease you about?

*I own one, I autocross, I like car movies, I have T-shirts about cars, and I know a lot about a lot of different cars. I'm a member of a car forum and watch TV shows about cars. It's a sickness. ;))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sense of direction (lack of that is).
The way I make up words/phrases aka Missyisms.
All I can think of right now though I am sure there is more. :cheeky:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My lack of coordination. Which is funny, because I'm actually really coordinated. I do well in most sports. It all goes back to ONE even. We were jogging together and he thought it would be funny to trip me. I didn't fall, but I did stumble and it took 2-3 steps (sort of in slow motion) for me to get all the way upright. Um, sorry, but you could trip Michael Johnson when he's running and he'd stumble too. Grrr.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My big head (literally and figuratively).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ability to multi-task...with my toes. I can pick things up with them and it is such a useful ability, especially when you are holding a vent cover against the ceiling and forgot to pick up your screwdriver from the table next to the ladder first, or when you are carrying a toddler on one hip, have a laundry basket on the other one, and need to move a sippy cup from floor to basket without setting anything down. Every time he sees me use my feet as tools he says "NOT HANDS!"

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My love of Star Trek Next Generation.

My screeching about salmonella and listeria when he cuts raw chicken. Use a different cutting board! Use separate utensils! Don't touch the faucet w/your hand OMG use your wrist or side of your hand GAH don't touch that lemme get the Clorox Wipes!

My child like enthusiasm. He thinks it's funny that I clap and jump up and down when our plants start coming up in the Spring. He laughs when I have to show him and the kids every frog/toad I find outside. I met Goofy at Disney and cried, 12 years ago and he still laughs at that.

ETA Monnie, did you make my scarf w/your toes or your hands? Not that it matters, your post just made me giggle and I was envisioning you working on the scarf w/your toes and your husband yelling NOT HANDS!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1395182955|3636809 said:
My ability to multi-task...with my toes. I can pick things up with them and it is such a useful ability, especially when you are holding a vent cover against the ceiling and forgot to pick up your screwdriver from the table next to the ladder first, or when you are carrying a toddler on one hip, have a laundry basket on the other one, and need to move a sippy cup from floor to basket without setting anything down. Every time he sees me use my feet as tools he says "NOT HANDS!"

I get teased for this as well. But I see it as a skill, so it doesn't phase me. The best thing is B is starting to do the same thing. Hahaha, I WIN!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1395183165|3636813 said:
My love of Star Trek Next Generation.

My screeching about salmonella and listeria when he cuts raw chicken. Use a different cutting board! Use separate utensils! Don't touch the faucet w/your hand OMG use your wrist or side of your hand GAH don't touch that lemme get the Clorox Wipes!

My child like enthusiasm. He thinks it's funny that I clap and jump up and down when our plants start coming up in the Spring. He laughs when I have to show him and the kids every frog/toad I find outside. I met Goofy at Disney and cried, 12 years ago and he still laughs at that.

ETA Monnie, did you make my scarf w/your toes or your hands? Not that it matters, your post just made me giggle and I was envisioning you working on the scarf w/your toes and your husband yelling NOT HANDS!

Hahaha, NO! I can't knit with my toes. If I could, I would, though. :lol:

Amc80, I think my husband is just jealous because it's something he can't do. If A ends up being able to do it I will be satisfied that the best and most important of my genes have been passed on.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Bling.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My big fat white @ss.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
missy|1395181685|3636791 said:

I have the same lack of direction. Every time I come out of a building, especially in NYC, I go the wrong way! :o

We are going to need to hear some of these Missyisms! :bigsmile:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My nick-name is Memory Cell.

I won't need to elaborate on that one--it's well earned.

I blame it on my home office. I go in & out of 2 adjacent, yet completely different worlds a few times a day, & the house world suffers. Just little things, like remembering some ones food likes/dislikes, or the requests to pick up at the grocery, just minor things but it piles up.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Several things:
- He tells me all the time I'm the most highly undiagnosed case of ADD because I'm constantly rambling and moving
-He says I can't speak english because I'll stop mid senstence and KNOW what I want to say but for whatever reason can't get the word out or I will use the incorrect word.
-He calls me his little chef as I LOVE to watch cooking shows but never cook. I hate cooking actually. I love eating but being in the kitchen and cooking stresses me out.
seriously the list goes on and on.....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many things...

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope addiction.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shopping...my DH says he doesn't need a GPS in my car to track me...he can just pull of the CC bill and trace me to where I'm at :cheeky: .

I'm pretty frugal so it's all in good fun.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
My DH teases me for being a nerd, or a teacher's pet. That being said, I didn't even get a chance to tell anyone at work that I made the VC List both semesters last year (the top 1% of undergraduates are invited) -- because HE had bragged to them all already. :oops: :lol:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
My dad is the Biggest Teaser Ever - he never stops. So hubs tries not to tease me too often - he knows how I've "suffered" over the years ;-)

He definitely teases about the amount of gemstones I have unset, the amount of jewelry I have (and don't really wear) and about my love of diamonds (it's my birthstone, what do you expect?!) :naughty: I'm not thinking of anything else at the moment.....

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My awful sense of direction, lack of anything resembling short term memory, and being short.

ETA - and my love for my car, calls it my "preciousssss" and he's right!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
He usually calls me with all kinds of names implying that in his mind I'm short... although I'm 5'10, which is the average height of men around here (and I'm a girl!) but he is 6'4 so maybe in his mind all the rest of the population is short. :lol: And also my PS addiction.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1395234835|3637202 said:
Pricescope addiction.

As far as I'm concerned that is an attribute! :bigsmile:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a klutz. I'm not what you'd call a graceful person.

Also, I often tell what friends and family call "Zoe stories." I tend to ramble on and on once I get into telling a story. I'll give you every detail, even if you didn't ask for it. Often, if it's in my head, you'll hear about it eventually. :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1395181685|3636791 said:

My husband's the same way!

Oh, I thought of another one. I'm notoriously early for everything. You know how certain people are always late for things? You may tell them to be somewhere earlier than when you really want them to arrive? Yeah, I'm the opposite. This drives my husband crazy.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My loudness and lack of language filter. I do not hold back emotions well lol.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DH teases me about how much I spoil my dog. The amount of spoiling is ridiculous but my dog is awesome. My dog has his own "people" that walk him and groom him. He eats organic, grain-free food and gets "meat cookies" (steak) every morning when he goes outside. He also gets to sleep in bed with us and has a heated doghouse. Mostly I get teased about how I baby-talking him. I don't care though. I NEED to be a mother and now that my skin-child (as opposed to my fur baby) is grown, the dog gets to be the outlet of all motherly impulses.

I also get teased about my anal retentive tendencies. Pardon me but I do think it's necessary to use a level when hanging pictures and a ruler to properly align the silverware when setting the table. I'm not some kind of savage. :lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My feet. I have bony feet with big joints. Same as my hands. Big knuckles, etc. He always says - aren't you glad the kids got my hands and feet and not yours?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
My ability to cut an onion, lemon or lime in the most illogical way (to him, to me it makes sense, of course). Opening the fridge and seeing a pac-man cut lemon often brings laughs.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iluvshinythings, your whole post made me chuckle, but the last two sentences made me laugh out loud. Thank you! :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53 said:
My ability to cut an onion, lemon or lime in the most illogical way (to him, to me it makes sense, of course). Opening the fridge and seeing a pac-man cut lemon often brings laughs.

Yeah I'm going to need a picture.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
My infatuation with all things bling ... "bright, shiny objects" ... "bright, shiny objects" ... :love: and my knack for knowing little obscure bits of trivia - the types of things where people ask "how do you KNOW that?" (and I usually have no idea how :sick: ).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results