shape
carat
color
clarity

True Detective fans?

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
If any of you are fans out there, what did you think about the ending?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen the last few episodes, will be back when dh and I catch up!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

braga123|1394505497|3631445 said:
If any of you are fans out there, what did you think about the ending?

Ok, we were disappointed, actually. Besides feeling a little sloppy and lazy (what was with a photo of Marty's father in law on the property? What was with so many weird artwork re-uses? like the mural in the psych ward being a print in Marty's house? why rip off Breaking Bad with the sniper insurance?), we both felt like they needed one more episode, at least.

Specifically: There needed to be more exploration into the property he was on, the guy himself, and the whole surround. I wanted them to do a better job explaining and linking Errol to the Tuttles because he's like Billy Lee's illegitimate grandson or something, and that needed more closure than a little soundbite of a newscaster saying that the Tuttles were dismissing any claims of relations as false, despite the packets of info surely containing proof. There needed to be more explanation around this person, and the property, etc. There had to be a way to make that work. But I will say that the whole carcosa site was CREEPY AS HELL and messed my brain up Sunday night.

I also felt like, and as much as I hate this idea, either Rust or Marty should've died. The ultimate universe finger would've been Marty, because we all knew Rust wanted to go. I hated how they had Rust finding religion at the end, it felt kind of like the guy couldn't think of a good ending, and that was his cop out to do the whole "making people think" business. I am glad that there were a few people able to translate the bit about darkness and lightness at the end, as well as the line before they arrived at the plantation about Sentient Meat and Scented Meat. It's way funnier on the rewatch.

I thought the acting was friggin incredible, all the way through. Amazing cast. I wish that they were both still on for next season and that next season was really a continuation of this story, so that they'd keep taking down this circle of pedophiles, and go finish the link of Errol to the family, but since I know it's an anthology and the whole story and cast changes, that won't happen. I don't expect it will be as good though since the writer and director are being offered an enormous amount of movie projects now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results