shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond help!!!

MedicJD17

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at diamonds for a long time now. I think, so I thought, that I found the perfect diamond...until I researched it online.... The diamond is a 1.03ct 6.1x6.13x4.25mm. The ring looks just as "sparkly" next to ideal cuts however I know this one is not cut to ideal. The jeweler explained a lot of the weight is in the girdle. It looks the same as some ideal .88ish diamonds when viewed from the top. The diamond is very affordable to me, would this be a good purchase?? I just want my girlfriend to LOVE it. I need to make a decision this week. Am I too caught up on stats??

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Weight in the girdle = You pay for weight that you don't really see/appreciate.

"The ring looks just as "sparkly" next to ideal cuts however I know this one is not cut to ideal." -- Pricescope people will never compromise on cut, so don't drop below "premium" or "very good" at worst. We'd recommend buy the best cut, and then compromise on any of size, clarity, or color to suit your tastes and your budget.

Use HCA cut adviser tool as a rough guesstimate of cut. Look for score 2 or less. It's just a rejection tool, not the last word. A diamond might score over 2 and still look good enough for the price.

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wouldn't an actual .88 ideal be cheaper? Sometimes there are special cases, like your friend already has the diamond and will sell it to you for less. Note that in general the jump over 1 carat really increases the price of a diamond. Obviously a .80 is cheaper than a .90 and a 1.00 is cheaper than a 1.10 but the difference between a .9 and a 1.00 is larger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results