carat
color
clarity

Blowing savings on impulse buy. Argh!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1393992879|3627710 said:
braga123|1393990918|3627700 said:
OK, Junebug, start sharing here or start a new thread!

Hehehe braga! :naughty: Right now I am all.over.the.place, but when I narrow things down a little I'll start a thread!

Okay Junebug, we're going to hold you to that LOL :lol: !!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1393903531|3626990 said:
I think my only solution is to get the setting sooner than later. I tend to overthink certain things, and this reset is one of them. I can come up with many reasons not to do it, some to do with the ring and some financial and some external. I think my heart yearns for this but when I think about the other things I can do with the money, I hesitate. Vacation, studs... It's not like I don't have a perfectly good setting already. But what do you do when you feel like your stone can look better, the whole ring can just look better?! Sometimes I think that if I don't so it now, I never will. I'm an accountant and I hate making a decision where I just can't justify the numbers. But like I heard someone say, "the hearts wants what it wants". I think they were talking about relationships, not jewelry. Lol!! If I had the courage to follow my heart in the first place I would probably already have this setting. I don't even want to say it (write it) cause I'll feel too commited. But if I don't get it, I'll just blow the money on something else and regret it. That would give me the excuse not to commit to this setting. If I don't get it, I would still look for a setting like this every time I went into a jewelry store. Geeeeez!! What is wrong with me. I wish I could be like you ladies that just knew and went for it.

I agree w/ missgotrocks!!! If you wear your ering/wband regularly then I'd go for the reset and do earrings later. I love your ring but I think you began yearning for a new set a little while ago (a halo I think??). So instead of seeing how beautiful your ring is, it's like you're seeing everything that it's "not" (in your eyes).

I say go for the reset, but make sure you get exactly what you want and that you work with someone who'll make sure that the end result will meet your expectations.

I had a list of wants and did my reset first, and I've been so happy with it that I've put the rest of the list off for a while. What are you thinking of? If a halo, what kind? Maybe you should start a new thread, YAY!! ...... Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself :bigsmile: .

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1393956754|3627302 said:
Hi LLJ,

I just went through all my jewelry receipts. I needed to find a roofing bill, and on the way I went thru what I spent on jewelry, and some of it was below my current standards for jewelry. I can't believe how much I spent, and it has put the fear of God in me(just an expression)

I alsowant you know that most of it is colored stones and maybe total $500.00 each for stone and setting.

I have resolved to sell the gold next time prices are up again. They have some nice hefty weight. But wow, I'm still in shock and no big diamonds in the lot.

Hang-in there. Get what you love-- not what pops up on the screen.

Annette
Annette, you crack me up! I hope you're enjoying all your pieces, at least until you decide to get rid of some. :). I have made contact with the awesome jeweler who will make my reset so I am completely committed to conserving my pennies for this purchase. I think this will be enough incentive to keep me strong for the next six weeks. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxy|1394067017|3628303 said:
I agree w/ missgotrocks!!! If you wear your ering/wband regularly then I'd go for the reset and do earrings later. I love your ring but I think you began yearning for a new set a little while ago (a halo I think??). So instead of seeing how beautiful your ring is t's like you're seeing everything that it's "not" (in your eyes).

I say go for the reset, but make sure you get exactly what you want and that you work with someone who'll make sure that the end result will meet your expectations.

I had a list of wants and did my reset first, and I've been so happy with it that I've put the rest of the list off for a while. What are you thinking of? If a halo, what kind? Maybe you should start a new thread, YAY!! ...... Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself :bigsmile: .

Roxy, that is exactly true. I do usually see how it is not every thing I want versus how it is many things that I do like. I love the blinginess. The side stones are really bright. Yeah I am thinking about a halo and am trying to iron out the logistics. I hope it can be done. Wish me luck! On another note, I am so glad you love your fabulous set. Just so beautifully made. I love your video...

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom|1394178873|3629192 said:
Roxy|1394067017|3628303 said:
I agree w/ missgotrocks!!! If you wear your ering/wband regularly then I'd go for the reset and do earrings later. I love your ring but I think you began yearning for a new set a little while ago (a halo I think??). So instead of seeing how beautiful your ring is t's like you're seeing everything that it's "not" (in your eyes).

Roxy, that is exactly true. I do usually see how it is not every thing I want versus how it is many things that I do like. I love the blinginess. The side stones are really bright. Yeah I am thinking about a halo and am trying to iron out the logistics. I hope it can be done. Wish me luck! On another note, I am so glad you love your fabulous set. Just so beautifully made. I love your video...

Oh, I'm SURE you'll be able to have it reset with a magnificent halo, absolutely!!! We'd love to hear updates on your progress and stuff okay?!!

P.S. Thanks so much for your compliments on my set. I'm trying to track down the old video link to share w/ another PSer since I know it's gotta be around here somewhere :D.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to stop myself from making an impulse buy by telling myself it is possibly too early in the days to have a ring made for my new gentleman friend. :naughty:

However, I suspect resistance is futile, as I have found one or two tourmalines (his birthstone) that I like and fit my budget.

DK :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results