shape
carat
color
clarity

Foster homes for pets of deployed military personnel

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

I was watching tv and heard about this organization called dogs on deployment. It's a national organization across the US trying to match potential foster families with dogs and cats of deploying military families. Our men and women in uniform sacrifice so much to defend our freedom. The last thing they should have to worry about is who will look after their beloved pet. I signed up and was hoping that any pet lovers might do the same. Once you create a free profile you can search by your zip code for pets in need of a home close to you.
Here is the link Please share with everyone you know!
http://www.dogsondeployment.org

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi|1392282952|3614220 said:
Hi All,

I was watching tv and heard about this organization called dogs on deployment. It's a national organization across the US trying to match potential foster families with dogs and cats of deploying military families. Our men and women in uniform sacrifice so much to defend our freedom. The last thing they should have to worry about is who will look after their beloved pet. I signed up and was hoping that any pet lovers might do the same. Once you create a free profile you can search by your zip code for pets in need of a home close to you.

Oh, where was this when I first deployed?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain|1392286328|3614226 said:
Hospatogi|1392282952|3614220 said:
Hi All,

Oh, where was this when I first deployed?
Andelain I think it's fairly new so people don't know about it. If we can get the word out to local communities and to military pet owners imagine how great that would be! I love my dog I can't imagine what I'd do if I had to leave her..

justginger

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: What an excellent organization!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Wow - that really is a fabulous concept. Thanks for sharing =)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awesome, thanks for sharing.

Now we need something like this for kitties, too. :((

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome program! I hope that they expand it to include other pets in the future, but this is definitely a great start!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a great organization - I knew someone who participated in it and really felt quite fulfilled.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Great organization!!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So long overdue! I had never really thought about it much but started thinking about what its like when Andelain's cat was so sick and Andelain was helpless, thousands of miles from home. Absolutely no military personnel, on top of everything else, should have to worry about the care of their pets. Yay! :appl:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008|1392299695|3614290 said:

It's called dogs on deployment but it's also for kitties too !

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hospatogi|1392325834|3614659 said:
CJ2008|1392299695|3614290 said:

It's called dogs on deployment but it's also for kitties too !

Oh yay! :appl: :love:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. In fact, I work with a woman is is currently fostering a dog for a deployed soldier. I'll have to ask her if it's through this organization, or more local. Either way, it's a lovely way to give back to some one who has given so much for us.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing!

I've often wondered what military people without family living near them do while deployed. They have so much else to worry about. So glad there is an organization working to make sure they don't have to worry about their furry family!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
This is absolutely wonderful.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea! I love the reunions - wish I'd taken a video of our two daschshunds seeing my hubby again after 5 months away. They were literally bursting with excitement, crazy howling and just licking him to death. I almost cried it was so sweet...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is awesome! My husband is in the Air Force and about to leave on his first deployment. While I'm only going home for a short time when he leaves this time, I can imagine down the road if he has longer deployments and we have kids, it would be nice to stay with my parents for a few months. The one reason I've thought I couldn't do that was because of our dog!

What a wonderful organization!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1392322394|3614608 said:
So long overdue! I had never really thought about it much but started thinking about what its like when Andelain's cat was so sick and Andelain was helpless, thousands of miles from home. Absolutely no military personnel, on top of everything else, should have to worry about the care of their pets. Yay! :appl:

I can tell you that's hard no matter who's taking care of the pet. No matter how much the caretaker loves the pet, they're not Mommy or Daddy to the critter. It tore me up so bad to think my kitty might die without me there holding her at the end. I know my friend and my vet both love her, but it's not the same.

I do wish they could extend that program to cover DoD civilains and contractors, we have the same concerns as active duty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results